Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Eugene F. Fama & Kenneth R. French, 1998.
"Value versus Growth: The International Evidence,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 53(6), pages 1975-1999, December.
- Eugene F. Fama & Kenneth R. French, "undated". "Value versus Growth: The International Evidence," CRSP working papers 341, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Eugene F. Fama & Kenneth R. French, "undated". "Value Versus Growth: The International Evidence," CRSP working papers 449, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Ledoit, Oliver & Wolf, Michael, 2008.
"Robust performance hypothesis testing with the Sharpe ratio,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 850-859, December.
- Oliver Ledoit & Michael Wolf, 2008. "Robust Performance Hypothesis Testing with the Sharpe Ratio," IEW - Working Papers 320, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Andreas G.F. Hoepner & Hussain G. Rammal & Michael Rezec, 2011. "Islamic mutual funds’ financial performance and international investment style: evidence from 20 countries," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(9-10), pages 829-850, November.
- K. Geert Rouwenhorst, 1998. "International Momentum Strategies," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(1), pages 267-284, February.
- Harvey, Campbell R, 1995. "Predictable Risk and Returns in Emerging Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 8(3), pages 773-816.
- Carhart, Mark M, 1997. " On Persistence in Mutual Fund Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 57-82, March.
- Jegadeesh, Narasimhan, 1990. " Evidence of Predictable Behavior of Security Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(3), pages 881-898, July.
- Bali, Turan G. & Demirtas, K. Ozgur & Levy, Haim, 2009. "Is There an Intertemporal Relation between Downside Risk and Expected Returns?," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 44(04), pages 883-909, August.
- Ogryczak, Wlodzimierz & Ruszczynski, Andrzej, 1999.
"From stochastic dominance to mean-risk models: Semideviations as risk measures,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 116(1), pages 33-50, July.
- W. Ogryczak & A. Ruszczynski, 1997. "From Stochastic Dominance to Mean-Risk Models: Semideviations as Risk Measures," Working Papers ir97027, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- John M. Griffin, 2002. "Are the Fama and French Factors Global or Country Specific?," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 15(3), pages 783-803.
- Eun, Cheol S. & Lee, Jinsoo, 2010. "Mean-variance convergence around the world," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 856-870, April.
- Grinblatt, Mark & Titman, Sheridan & Wermers, Russ, 1995. "Momentum Investment Strategies, Portfolio Performance, and Herding: A Study of Mutual Fund Behavior," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(5), pages 1088-1105, December.
- Banz, Rolf W., 1981. "The relationship between return and market value of common stocks," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 3-18, March.
- Andy C.W. Chui & Sheridan Titman & K.C. John Wei, 2010. "Individualism and Momentum around the World," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 65(1), pages 361-392, February.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1993. "Common risk factors in the returns on stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 3-56, February.
- Haim Levy, 1992. "Stochastic Dominance and Expected Utility: Survey and Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(4), pages 555-593, April.
- William F. Sharpe, 1964. "Capital Asset Prices: A Theory Of Market Equilibrium Under Conditions Of Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 19(3), pages 425-442, September.
- Ozgur S. Ince & R. Burt Porter, 2006. "INDIVIDUAL EQUITY RETURN DATA FROM THOMSON DATASTREAM: HANDLE WITH CARE!," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 29(4), pages 463-479.
- Mohamed Albaity & Rubi Ahmad, 2008. "Performance of Syariah and Composite Indices: Evidence from Bursa Malaysia," Asian Academy of Management Journal of Accounting and Finance (AAMJAF), Penerbit Universiti Sains Malaysia, vol. 4(1), pages 23-43.
- Bali, Turan G. & Demirtas, K. Ozgur & Levy, Haim, 2008. "Nonlinear mean reversion in stock prices," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 767-782, May.
- Jobson, J D & Korkie, Bob M, 1981. "Performance Hypothesis Testing with the Sharpe and Treynor Measures," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 36(4), pages 889-908, September.
- Hendricks, Darryll & Patel, Jayendu & Zeckhauser, Richard, 1993. " Hot Hands in Mutual Funds: Short-Run Persistence of Relative Performance, 1974-1988," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(1), pages 93-130, March.
- Jegadeesh, Narasimhan & Titman, Sheridan, 1993. " Returns to Buying Winners and Selling Losers: Implications for Stock Market Efficiency," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(1), pages 65-91, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Albert Spalding & Eun-Jung Kim, 2015. "Should Western Corporations Ban the Use of Shari’a Arbitration Clauses in their Commercial Contracts?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 132(3), pages 613-626, December.
- El Mehdi, Imen Khanchel & Mghaieth, Asma, 2017. "Volatility spillover and hedging strategies between Islamic and conventional stocks in the presence of asymmetry and long memory," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(PA), pages 595-611.
- Naveed Raza & Ahmad Ibn Ibrahimy & Azwadi Ali & Sajid Ali, 2016. "Gold and Islamic stocks: A hedge and safe haven comparison in time frequency domain for BRICS markets," Journal of Developing Areas, Tennessee State University, College of Business, vol. 50(6), pages 305-318.
- Dawood Ashraf, 2016. "Does Shari’ah Screening Cause Abnormal Returns? Empirical Evidence from Islamic Equity Indices," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 134(2), pages 209-228, March.
- Erragragui, Elias & Revelli, Christophe, 2016. "Is it costly to be both shariah compliant and socially responsible?," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 64-74.
- Hosen, Mosharrof & Masih, Mansur, 2017. "Are Islamic risk factors blessings or curse for stock return? evidence from Malaysia based on dynamic GMM and quantile regression approaches," MPRA Paper 79738, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniel Perez-Liston & Daniel Huerta & Sanzid Haq, 2016. "Does investor sentiment impact the returns and volatility of Islamic equities?," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 40(3), pages 421-437, July.
- Erragraguy, Elias & Revelli, Christophe, 2015. "Should Islamic investors consider SRI criteria in their investment strategies?," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 14(C), pages 11-19.
- Ashraf, Dawood & Felixson, Karl & Khawaja, Mohsin & Hussain, Syed Mujahid, 2017. "Do constraints on financial and operating leverage affect the performance of Islamic equity portfolios?," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 171-182.
- Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Mensi, Walid & Reboredo, Juan Carlos & Nguyen, Duc Khuong, 2014. "Dynamic dependence of the global Islamic equity index with global conventional equity market indices and risk factors," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 189-206.
- Mohammad, Nazeeruddin & Ashraf, Dawood, 2015.
"The market timing ability and return performance of Islamic equities: An empirical study,"
Pacific-Basin Finance Journal,
Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 169-183.
- Mohammad, Nazeeruddin & Ashraf, Dawood, 2015. "The Market Timing Ability and Return Performance of Islamic Equities: an Empirical Study," Working Papers 1436-6, The Islamic Research and Teaching Institute (IRTI).
- repec:ris:isecst:0164 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ali, Mohsin & Azmi, Wajahat, 2016. "Religion in the boardroom and its impact on Islamic banks' performance," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 83-88.
- Raza, Naveed & Ibrahimy, Ahmad & Ali, Azwadi, 2015. "Gold and Islamic Stocks: A Hedge and Safe Haven Comparison in Time - Grequency domain for BRICS," MPRA Paper 69366, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- El khamlichi, Abdelbari & HOANG, Thi Hong Van & Wong, Wing-Keung, 2017. "Is Gold Different for Islamic and Conventional Portfolios? A Sectorial Analysis," MPRA Paper 76282, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsIslamic finance; Sharia-compliant investments; Asset pricing; Performance evaluation; International markets;
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:revfin:v:21:y:2012:i:2:p:53-62. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620170 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.