Should Islamic investors consider SRI criteria in their investment strategies?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stephen Brammer & Chris Brooks & Stephen Pavelin, 2006.
"Corporate Social Performance and Stock Returns: UK Evidence from Disaggregate Measures,"
Financial Management Association International, vol. 35(3), pages 97-116, September.
- Stephen Brammer & Chris Brooks & Stephen Pavelin, 2006. "Corporate Social Performance and Stock Returns: UK Evidence from Disaggregate Measures," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 35(3), Autumn.
- Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1997.
" A Survey of Corporate Governance,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 52(2), pages 737-783, June.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1995. "A Survey of Corporate Governance," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1741, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996. "A Survey of Corporate Governance," NBER Working Papers 5554, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christophe Revelli & Jean-Laurent Viviani, 2015. "Financial performance of socially responsible investing (SRI): what have we learned? A meta-analysis," Post-Print halshs-01141295, HAL.
- Andreas G.F. Hoepner & Hussain G. Rammal & Michael Rezec, 2011. "Islamic mutual funds’ financial performance and international investment style: evidence from 20 countries," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(9-10), pages 829-850, November.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30728046 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1993. "Common risk factors in the returns on stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 3-56, February.
- Bauer, Rob & Koedijk, Kees & Otten, Roger, 2005. "International evidence on ethical mutual fund performance and investment style," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(7), pages 1751-1767, July.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/7347 is not listed on IDEAS
- Walkshäusl, Christian & Lobe, Sebastian, 2012. "Islamic investing," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 53-62.
- Geoffrey Williams & John Zinkin, 2010. "Islam and CSR: A Study of the Compatibility Between the Tenets of Islam and the UN Global Compact," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 91(4), pages 519-533, February.
- Carhart, Mark M, 1997. " On Persistence in Mutual Fund Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 57-82, March.
- Galema, Rients & Plantinga, Auke & Scholtens, Bert, 2008. "The stocks at stake: Return and risk in socially responsible investment," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 2646-2654, December.
- Chung, Kee H. & Elder, John & Kim, Jang-Chul, 2010. "Corporate Governance and Liquidity," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 45(02), pages 265-291, April.
- Gunther Capelle-Blancard & Stéphanie Monjon, 2011.
"The Performance of Socially Responsible Funds: Does the Screening Process Matter?,"
2011-12, CEPII research center.
- Gunther Capelle-Blancard & Stephanie Monjon, 2014. "The Performance of Socially Responsible Funds: Does the Screening Process Matter?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00802363, HAL.
- Hayat, Raphie & Kraeussl, Roman, 2011. "Risk and return characteristics of Islamic equity funds," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 189-203, June.
- Renneboog, Luc & Ter Horst, Jenke & Zhang, Chendi, 2008. "Socially responsible investments: Institutional aspects, performance, and investor behavior," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1723-1742, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wu, Dejun & Lin, Chen & Liu, Sibo, 2016. "Does community environment matter to corporate social responsibility?," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 18(C), pages 127-135.
- El-Masry, Ahmed A. & de Mingo-López, Diego Víctor & Matallín-Sáez, Juan Carlos & Tortosa-Ausina, Emili, 2016. "Environmental conditions, fund characteristics, and Islamic orientation: An analysis of mutual fund performance for the MENA region," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 132(S), pages 174-197.
- Philippe DESBRIERES, 2017. "L’investissement conforme à la Charia est-il socialement responsable ?,Is Shariah compliant investment socially responsible?," Working Papers CREGO 1171001, Université de Bourgogne - CREGO EA7317 Centre de recherches en gestion des organisations.
- repec:eee:ecosys:v:42:y:2018:i:3:p:450-469 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsSocially responsible investing (SRI); Islamic investing; Environmental; Social and governance (ESG) scores; Corporate social responsibility (CSR); Portfolio management;
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Diversity; Social Responsibility
- A13 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Social Values
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finlet:v:14:y:2015:i:c:p:11-19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/frl .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.