Does an enlargement of a common market stimulate growth and convergence?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Feenstra, Robert C., 1996. "Trade and uneven growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 229-256, April.
- Henderson, J V, 1974. "The Sizes and Types of Cities," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(4), pages 640-656, September.
- Richard Baldwin, 1989. "The Growth Effects of 1992," NBER Working Papers 3119, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Walz, Uwe, 1996.
"Transport costs, intermediate goods, and localized growth,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 671-695, December.
- Walz, Uwe, 1993. "Transport costs, intermediate goods, and localized growth," Tübinger Diskussionsbeiträge 25, University of Tübingen, School of Business and Economics.
- Justman, Moshe, 1994. "The Effect of Local Demand on Industry Location," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 76(4), pages 742-753, November.
- Grossman, Gene M & Helpman, Elhanan, 1990. "Comparative Advantage and Long-run Growth," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(4), pages 796-815, September.
- Faini, Riccardo, 1984. "Increasing Returns, Non-Traded Inputs and Regional Development," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 94(374), pages 308-323, June.
- Rivera-Batiz, Luis A. & Romer, Paul M., 1991.
"International trade with endogenous technological change,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 971-1001, May.
- Luis A. Rivera-Batiz & Paul M. Romer, 1991. "International Trade with Endogenous Technological Change," NBER Working Papers 3594, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rivera-Batiz, Luis A. & Xie, Danyang, 1993. "Integration among unequals," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 337-354, July.
- Dinopoulos, Elias & Oehmke, James F. & Segerstrom, Paul S., 1993.
"High-technology-industry trade and investment : The role of factor endowments,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(1-2), pages 49-71, February.
- Dinopoulos, Elias & Oehmke, James F. & Segerstrom, Paul S., 1990. "High-Technology-Industry Trade and Investment: The Role of Factor Endowments," Staff Papers 201142, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Luis A. Rivera-Batiz & Paul M. Romer, 1991. "Economic Integration and Endogenous Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(2), pages 531-555.
- Rivera-Batiz, Francisco L., 1988. "Increasing returns, monopolistic competition, and agglomeration economies in consumption and production," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 125-153, February.
- M. Scott Taylor, 1994. ""Once-off" and Continuing Gains from Trade," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 61(3), pages 589-601.
- Ethier, Wilfred J, 1982. "National and International Returns to Scale in the Modern Theory of International Trade," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 389-405, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Henkel, Joachim & Stahl, Konrad & Walz, Uwe, 2000. "Coalition Building in a Spatial Economy," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 136-163, January.
- Tapio Palokangas, 2005.
"Common markets, economic growth, and creative destruction,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 86(1), pages 57-76, December.
- Tapio Palokangas, 2005. "Common markets, economic growth, and creative destruction," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 57-76, December.
- Klaus WÃ¤lde & Christina Wood, 2004.
"The empirics of trade and growth: where are the policy recommendations?,"
International Economics and Economic Policy,
Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 275-292, January.
- Wälde, Klaus & Wood, Christina, 2000. "The empirics of trade and growth: Where are the policy recommendations?," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 09/00, Technische Universität Dresden, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- Klaus Wälde & Christina Wood, 2004. "The empirics of trade and growth: where are the policy recommendations?," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 204, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Klaus, WAELDE & Christina, WOOD, 2004. "The Empirics of Trade and Growth : Where are the Policy Recommendations ?," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2004013, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Resmini, Laura, 2006. "Theoretical and Methodological Study on Comparative Advantages in Dynamic Growth Regions, Convergence and Inequalities Patterns," Papers DYNREG03, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Edgar Morgenroth, 2003. "What should Policy Makers Learn from Recent Advances in Growth Theory and New Economic Geography?," Papers WP150, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Bartram, Söhnke M. & Wang, Yaw-Huei, 2015. "European financial market dependence: An industry analysis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 146-163.
- Daly V. & Siddiki J., 2001. "An Empirical Growth Model for India: 1954-1994," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(3-4), pages 141-154, July - De.
- Bashir Ahmad Fida & Ahmed Nawaz Hakro, "undated". "Bilateral Trade and Per Capita Income Convergence of Selected South Asian countries and among their ‘Major Trade Partners’," Working Papers 2007_05, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Michela Martinoia, 2011.
"European Integration, Labour Market Dynamics and Migration Flows,"
European Journal of Comparative Economics,
Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 8(1), pages 97-127, June.
- Martinoia, Michela, 2009. "European integration, labour market dynamics and migration flows," POLIS Working Papers 136, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Dion, David-Pascal, 2004. "Regional integration and economic development: A theoretical approach," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 20, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Bretschger Lucas, 2002. "Wachstumstheoretische Perspektiven der Wirtschaftsintegration: Neuere Ansätze / New Theories on the Growth Effects of Economic Integration," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 222(1), pages 64-79, February.
- Ottaviano, Gianmarco I. P. & Puga, Diego, 1997. "Agglomeration in a global economy: a survey," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20324, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Fertig, Michael, 2003. "The Impact of Economic Integration on Employment – An Assessment in the Context of EU Enlargement," IZA Discussion Papers 919, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cheng-Te Lee & Shang-Fen Wu & Chen Fang, 2013. "Growth and the Enlargement of a Common Market," Journal of Knowledge Management, Economics and Information Technology, ScientificPapers.org, vol. 3(6), pages 1-3, December.
- Tomasz Brodzicki, 2005. "New empirical insights into the growth effects of economic integration within EU," International Trade 0505014, EconWPA.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:inecon:v:45:y:1998:i:2:p:297-321. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505552 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.