Common Market and Equilibrium Growth
We set up a two-sector equilibrium growth model with heterogeneous labor to analyze the impact of the creation of common market on the member countries' growth rate. We show that the economic integration will stimulate the backward country's economic growth. In addition, we prove that whether the economic integration can speed up the advanced country's economic growth or not depends on not only the average talent level of the backward country but also the size of the integrated-economy.
Volume (Year): 34 (2014)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Becker, Sascha O. & Egger, Peter H. & von Ehrlich, Maximilian, 2012.
"Too much of a good thing? On the growth effects of the EU's regional policy,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 56(4), pages 648-668.
- Becker, Sascha O. & Egger, Peter & von Ehrlich, Maximilian, 2010. "Too much of a good thing? On the growth effects of the EU's regional policy," CEPR Discussion Papers 8043, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Becker, Sascha O. & Egger, Peter H. & Von Ehrlich, Maximilian, 2012. "Too much of a good thing? On the growth effects of the EU's regional policy," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 70, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Sergio Rebelo, 1999.
"Long Run Policy Analysis and Long Run Growth,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
2114, David K. Levine.
- Cheng-Te Lee & Deng-Shing Huang, 2014. "Human Capital Distribution, Growth And Trade," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 66(1), pages 45-54, 01.
- Cheng-te Lee, 2009. "The Enlargement of an Integrated Economy and Growth," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(2), pages 1499-1509.
- Katsuya Takii & Ryuichi Tanaka, 2006.
"Does the Diversity of Human Capital Increase GDP? A Comparison of Education Systems,"
Discussion Papers in Economics and Business
06-19, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- Takii, Katsuya & Tanaka, Ryuichi, 2009. "Does the diversity of human capital increase GDP? A comparison of education systems," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(7-8), pages 998-1007, August.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
- Claire Economidou & Vivian Lei & Janet Netz, 2006. "International Integration and Growth: A Further Investigation on Developing Countries," International Advances in Economic Research, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 12(4), pages 435-448, November.
- Ethier, Wilfred J, 1982. "National and International Returns to Scale in the Modern Theory of International Trade," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 389-405, June.
- Alwyn Young, 1998. "Growth without Scale Effects," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(1), pages 41-63, February.
- Ethier, Wilfred, 1979. "Internationally decreasing costs and world trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 1-24, February.
- Haveman, J.D. & Lei, V. & Netz, J.S., 1998. "International Integration and Growth: a Survey and Empirical Investigation," Papers 98-003, Purdue University, Krannert School of Management - Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER).
- Harald Badinger, 2005. "Growth Effects of Economic Integration: Evidence from the EU Member States," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 141(1), pages 50-78, April.
- Cheng-Te Lee & Shang-Fen Wu & Chen Fang, 2013. "Growth and the Enlargement of a Common Market," Journal of Knowledge Management, Economics and Information Technology, ScientificPapers.org, vol. 3(6), pages 3, December.
- Robert J. Barro, 1989.
"Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries,"
NBER Working Papers
3120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harald Badinger, 2008. "Technology- and investment-led growth effects of economic integration: a panel cointegration analysis for the EU-15 (1960-2000)," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(7), pages 557-561.
- Kremer, Michael, 1993. "The O-Ring Theory of Economic Development," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 108(3), pages 551-75, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-13-00353. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.