Intermediaries as quality assessors: Tour operators in the travel industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Doron Kliger & Oded Sarig, 2000.
"The Information Value of Bond Ratings,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 55(6), pages 2879-2902, December.
- Doron Kliger & Oded Sarig, "undated". "The Information Value of Bond Ratings," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 13-97, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Wujin Chu & Woosik Chu, 1994. "Signaling Quality by Selling Through a Reputable Retailer: An Example of Renting the Reputation of Another Agent," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 13(2), pages 177-189.
- Howard P. Marvel & Stephen McCafferty, 1984. "Resale Price Maintenance and Quality Certification," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(3), pages 346-359, Autumn.
- Fingleton, John, 1997. "Competition among Middlemen When Buyers and Sellers Can Trade Directly," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(4), pages 405-427, December.
- Michaël Dewally & Louis Ederington, 2006. "Reputation, Certification, Warranties, and Information as Remedies for Seller-Buyer Information Asymmetries: Lessons from the Online Comic Book Market," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(2), pages 693-730, March.
- Klein, Benjamin & Leffler, Keith B, 1981. "The Role of Market Forces in Assuring Contractual Performance," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(4), pages 615-641, August.
- Ginger Zhe Jin & Phillip Leslie, 2003. "The Effect of Information on Product Quality: Evidence from Restaurant Hygiene Grade Cards," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 118(2), pages 409-451.
- Biglaiser, Gary & Friedman, James W., 1994. "Middlemen as guarantors of quality," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 509-531, December.
- Carl Shapiro, 1983. "Premiums for High Quality Products as Returns to Reputations," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 98(4), pages 659-679.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Noriaki Matsushima & Shohei Yoshida, 2016. "The countervailing power hypothesis when dominant retailers function as sales promoters," ISER Discussion Paper 0981, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Guido Candela & Paolo Figini, 2010.
"Destination Unknown. Is there any Economics Beyond Tourism Areas?,"
Review of Economic Analysis,
Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, vol. 2(3), pages 256-271, September.
- Guido Candela & Paolo Figini, 2009. "Destination Unknown. Is There any Economics Beyond Tourism Areas?," Working Paper series 36_09, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Bartke, Stephan, 2015. "The economic role of valuers in real property markets," UFZ Discussion Papers 13/2015, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ), Division of Social Sciences (ÖKUS).
- Noriaki Matsushima & Shohei Yoshida, 2016. "The Countervailing Power Hypothesis when Dominant Retailers Function as Sales Promoters," ISER Discussion Paper 0981r, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University, revised Jul 2017.
- repec:eee:touman:v:42:y:2014:i:c:p:77-87 is not listed on IDEAS
- De Fraja, Gianni & Sákovics, József, 2012.
"Exclusive nightclubs and lonely hearts columns: Non-monotone participation in optional intermediation,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 618-632.
- Gianni De Fraja & Jozsef Sakovics, 2010. "Exclusive Nightclubs and Lonely Hearts Columns: Non-monotone Participation in Optional Intermediation," ESE Discussion Papers 196, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- De Fraja, Gianni & SÃ¡kovics, JÃ³zsef, 2010. "Exclusive Nightclubs and Lonely Hearts Columns: Nonmonotone Participation in Optional Intermediation," SIRE Discussion Papers 2010-84, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- De Fraja, Gianni & Sákovics, József, 2010. "Exclusive Nightclubs and Lonely Hearts Columns: Non-monotone Participation in Optional Intermediation," CEPR Discussion Papers 8059, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:eee:touman:v:33:y:2012:i:1:p:108-115 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:indorg:v:26:y:2008:i:1:p:372-392. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551 .