The Countervailing Power Hypothesis when Dominant Retailers Function as Sales Promoters
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Clerides, Sofronis & Nearchou, Paris & Pashardes, Panos, 2008. "Intermediaries as quality assessors: Tour operators in the travel industry," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 372-392, January.
- Gaudin, Germain, 2016. "Pass-through, vertical contracts, and bargains," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 139(C), pages 1-4.
- Christou, Charalambos & Papadopoulos, Konstantinos G., 2015. "The countervailing power hypothesis in the dominant firm-competitive fringe model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 126(C), pages 110-113.
- Dobson, Paul W & Waterson, Michael, 1997. "Countervailing Power and Consumer Prices," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(441), pages 418-430, March.
- Gaudin, Germain, 2017. "Vertical bargaining and retail competition: What drives countervailing power?," DICE Discussion Papers 195, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Alberto Iozzi & Tommaso Valletti, 2014.
"Vertical Bargaining and Countervailing Power,"
American Economic Journal: Microeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 6(3), pages 106-135, August.
- Alberto Iozzi & Tommaso Valletti, 2010. "Vertical bargaining and countervailing power," CEIS Research Paper 160, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 28 May 2010.
- Valletti, T & Iozzi, A, 2014. "Vertical bargaining and countervailing power," Working Papers 5958, Imperial College, London, Imperial College Business School.
- Chen, Zhiqi, 2003.
" Dominant Retailers and the Countervailing-Power Hypothesis,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 34(4), pages 612-625, Winter.
- Zhiqi Chen, 2001. "Dominant Retailers and the Countervailing Power Hypothesis," Carleton Economic Papers 01-05, Carleton University, Department of Economics, revised 2003.
- Roman Inderst & Greg Shaffer, 2007. "Retail Mergers, Buyer Power and Product Variety," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 117(516), pages 45-67, January.
- Can Erutku, 2005. "Buying power and strategic interactions," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 38(4), pages 1160-1172, November.
- Wujin Chu & Woosik Chu, 1994. "Signaling Quality by Selling Through a Reputable Retailer: An Example of Renting the Reputation of Another Agent," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 13(2), pages 177-189.
- Howard P. Marvel & Stephen McCafferty, 1984. "Resale Price Maintenance and Quality Certification," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(3), pages 346-359, Autumn.
- Roman Inderst & Tommaso M. Valletti, 2011. "Buyer Power And The ‘Waterbed Effect’," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(1), pages 1-20, March.
- von Ungern-Sternberg, Thomas, 1996. "Countervailing power revisited," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 507-519, June.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-07-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2017-07-16 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-MKT-2017-07-16 (Marketing)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dpr:wpaper:0981r. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Fumiko Matsumoto). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/isosujp.html .