Downstream Competition and the Effects of Buyer Power
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Zhiqi Chen & Hong Ding, 2013. "Downstream Competition and the Effects of Buyer Power," Working Papers E1308E, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Zhiqi Chen & Hong Ding & Zhiyang Liu, 2015. "Downstream Competition and the Effects of Buyer Power," Carleton Economic Papers 15-06, Carleton University, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Inderst, Roman & Wey, Christian, 2007.
"Buyer power and supplier incentives,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 647-667, April.
- Inderst, Roman & Wey, Christian, 2002. "Buyer Power and Supplier Incentives," CEPR Discussion Papers 3547, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Roman Inderst & Christian Wey, 2005. "Buyer Power and Supplier Incentives," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 464, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Roman Inderst & Christian Wey, 2003. "Buyer Power and Supplier Incentives," CIG Working Papers SP II 2003-05, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- João V. Montez, 2007. "Downstream mergers and producer's capacity choice: why bake a larger pie when getting a smaller slice?," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 38(4), pages 948-966, December.
- Roman Inderst & Christian Wey, 2011. "Countervailing Power And Dynamic Efficiency," Journal of the European Economic Association, European Economic Association, vol. 9(4), pages 702-720, August.
- Battigalli, Pierpaolo & Fumagalli, Chiara & Polo, Michele, 2007.
"Buyer power and quality improvements,"
Research in Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 45-61, June.
- Battigalli, Pierpaolo & Fumagalli, Chiara & Polo, Michele, 2006. "Buyer Power and Quality Improvements," CEPR Discussion Papers 5814, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pierpaolo Battigalli & Chiara Fumagalli & Michele Polo, 2006. "Buyer Power and Quality Improvement," Working Papers 310, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Ken Binmore & Ariel Rubinstein & Asher Wolinsky, 1986. "The Nash Bargaining Solution in Economic Modelling," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 17(2), pages 176-188, Summer.
- Muthoo,Abhinay, 1999. "Bargaining Theory with Applications," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521576475.
- João VIEIRA-MONTEZ, 2004. "Downstream Concentration and Producer's Capacity Choice," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) 04.13, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- David C. Wyld, 2010. "ASecond Life for organizations?: managing in the new, virtual world," Management Research Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 33(6), pages 529-562, May.
- Zhiqi Chen, 2014. "Supplier Innovation in the Presence of Buyer Power," Carleton Economic Papers 14-03, Carleton University, Department of Economics.
- Chen, Zhiqi, 2003.
" Dominant Retailers and the Countervailing-Power Hypothesis,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 34(4), pages 612-625, Winter.
- Zhiqi Chen, 2001. "Dominant Retailers and the Countervailing Power Hypothesis," Carleton Economic Papers 01-05, Carleton University, Department of Economics, revised 2003.
- John C. Harsanyi & Reinhard Selten, 1972. "A Generalized Nash Solution for Two-Person Bargaining Games with Incomplete Information," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(5-Part-2), pages 80-106, January.
- David Mills, 2010. "Buyer Power and Industry Structure," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 36(3), pages 213-225, May.
- Roman Inderst & Tommaso M. Valletti, 2011. "Buyer Power And The ‘Waterbed Effect’," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(1), pages 1-20, March.
- Katz, Michael L, 1987. "The Welfare Effects of Third-Degree Price Discrimination in," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(1), pages 154-167, March.
- Tasneem Chipty & Christopher M. Snyder, 1999. "The Role Of Firm Size In Bilateral Bargaining: A Study Of The Cable Television Industry," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 81(2), pages 326-340, May.
- Dobson, Paul W & Waterson, Michael, 1997. "Countervailing Power and Consumer Prices," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(441), pages 418-430, March.
- Can Erutku, 2005. "Buying power and strategic interactions," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 38(4), pages 1160-1172, November.
- von Ungern-Sternberg, Thomas, 1996. "Countervailing power revisited," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 507-519, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bougette, Patrice & Budzinski, Oliver & Marty, Frédéric, 2017.
"Exploitative abuse and abuse of economic dependence: What can we learn from the industrial organization approach?,"
Ilmenau Economics Discussion Papers
111, Ilmenau University of Technology, Institute of Economics.
- Patrice Bougette & Oliver Budzinski & Frédéric Marty, 2017. "Exploitative Abuse and Abuse of Economic Dependence: What can we Learn from the Industrial Organization Approach?," GREDEG Working Papers 2017-37, Groupe de REcherche en Droit, Economie, Gestion (GREDEG CNRS), University of Nice Sophia Antipolis.
- Noriaki Matsushima & Shohei Yoshida, 2016. "The countervailing power hypothesis when dominant retailers function as sales promoters," ISER Discussion Paper 0981, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
More about this item
KeywordsBuyer power; Competition intensity; Competition policy; Antitrust;
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
- L4 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:revind:v:49:y:2016:i:1:d:10.1007_s11151-016-9501-8. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.