Balancing growth across geographic diversification and product diversification: A contingency approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lenn Gomes & Kannan Ramaswamy, 1999. "An Empirical Examination of the Form of the Relationship Between Multinationality and Performance," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 30(1), pages 173-187, March.
- Farok J Contractor & Sumit K Kundu & Chin-Chun Hsu, 2003. "A three-stage theory of international expansion: the link between multinationality and performance in the service sector," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 34(1), pages 5-18, January.
- Wolf, Bernard M, 1977. "Industrial Diversification and Internationalization: Some Empirical Evidence," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(2), pages 177-191, December.
- Sukpanich, Nessara & Rugman, Alan, 2007. "Intra-regional sales, product diversity, and the performance of merchandising multinationals," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 131-146, June.
- Daniel Sullivan, 1994. "Measuring the Degree of Internationalization of a Firm," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 25(2), pages 325-342, June.
- Nessara Sukpanich & Alan M. Rugman, 2007. "Intra-regional Sales, Product Diversity, and Performance in Merchandising Multinationals," Working Papers 2007-09, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- Mike Peng & Andrew Delios, 2006. "What determines the scope of the firm over time and around the world? An Asia Pacific perspective," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 23(4), pages 385-405, December.
- Danchi Tan & Joseph T. Mahoney, 2005. "Examining the Penrose effect in an international business context: the dynamics of Japanese firm growth in US industries," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(2), pages 113-127.
- Mudambi, R. & Mudambi, S. M., 2002. "Diversification and market entry choices in the context of foreign direct investment," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 35-55, February.
- Davies, Stephen W. & Rondi, Laura & Sembenelli, Alessandro, 2001. "Are multinationality and diversification complementary or substitute strategies?: An empirical analysis on European leading firms," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(8), pages 1315-1346, September.
- Robert M Grant, 1987. "Multinationality and Performance among British Manufacturing Companies," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 18(3), pages 79-89, September.
- Klaus E. Meyer, 2006. "Globalfocusing: From Domestic Conglomerates to Global Specialists," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(5), pages 1109-1144, July.
- Dunning, John H., 2000. "The eclectic paradigm as an envelope for economic and business theories of MNE activity," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 163-190, April.
- Brian S. Silverman, 1999. "Technological Resources and the Direction of Corporate Diversification: Toward an Integration of the Resource-Based View and Transaction Cost Economics," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(8), pages 1109-1124, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:manint:v:55:y:2015:i:4:d:10.1007_s11575-014-0232-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ref, Ohad, 2015. "The relationship between product and geographic diversification: A fine-grained analysis of its different patterns," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 83-99.
- Kafouros, Mario & Wang, Elizabeth Yi, 2015. "Technology transfer within China and the role of location choices," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 353-366.
- Drozdz, Jolanta & Volkov, Artiom, 0. "Food market diversification approach - Lithuanian case," Problems of Agricultural Economics, Institute of Agricultural and Food Economics - National Research Institute (IAFE-NRI).
More about this item
KeywordsBalancing growth; Geographic diversification; Japan; Product diversification;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:iburev:v:21:y:2012:i:6:p:1052-1064. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/133/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.