Examining the Penrose effect in an international business context: the dynamics of Japanese firm growth in US industries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Treadway, Arthur B., 1970. "Adjustment costs and variable inputs in the theory of the competitive firm," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 329-347, December.
- Kaplan, Steven N, 1994. "Top Executive Rewards and Firm Performance: A Comparison of Japan and the United States," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(3), pages 510-546, June.
- Daniel S. Hamermesh & Gerard A. Pfann, 1996. "Adjustment Costs in Factor Demand," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(3), pages 1264-1292, September.
- William G. Ouchi, 1979. "A Conceptual Framework for the Design of Organizational Control Mechanisms," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(9), pages 833-848, September.
- Kendall Roth & David M Schweiger & Allen J Morrison, 1991. "Global Strategy Implementation at the Business Unit Level: Operational Capabilities and Administrative Mechanisms," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 22(3), pages 369-402, September.
- Mortensen, Dale T, 1973. "Generalized Costs of Adjustment and Dynamic Factor Demand Theory," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(4), pages 657-665, July.
- Richard C. Levin & Alvin K. Klevorick & Richard R. Nelson & Sidney G. Winter, 1987. "Appropriating the Returns from Industrial Research and Development," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 18(3, Specia), pages 783-832.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:manint:v:47:y:2007:i:2:d:10.1007_s11575-007-0015-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hutzschenreuter, Thomas & Horstkotte, Julian, 2013. "Performance effects of international expansion processes: The moderating role of top management team experiences," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 259-277.
- Jiang, Ruihua Joy & Beamish, Paul W. & Makino, Shige, 2014. "Time compression diseconomies in foreign expansion," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 114-121.
- repec:pal:jintbs:v:48:y:2017:i:9:d:10.1057_s41267-017-0119-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kim, Jongwook & Mahoney, Joseph T., 2006. "How Property Rights Economics Furthers the Resource-Based View: Resources, Transaction Costs and Entrepreneurial Discovery," Working Papers 06-0100, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Business.
- repec:eee:iburev:v:27:y:2018:i:1:p:113-124 is not listed on IDEAS
- Riaz, Suhaib & Glenn Rowe, W. & Beamish, Paul W., 2014. "Expatriate-deployment levels and subsidiary growth: A temporal analysis," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 1-11.
- Ine Paeleman & Catherine Fuss & Tom Vanacker, 2013. "The relationship between slack resources and firms’ exporting behavior," Working Paper Research 248, National Bank of Belgium.
- Tan, Danchi & Mahoney, Joseph T., 2005. "The Dynamics of Japanese Firm Growth in U.S. Industries: The Penrose Effect," Working Papers 05-0121, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Business.
- Dong, John Qi, 2016. "On the contingent rent-generating potential of firm-specific managerial experience," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(10), pages 4358-4362.
- Tan, Danchi & Meyer, Klaus E., 2010. "Business groups' outward FDI: A managerial resources perspective," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 154-164, June.
- Thomas Hutzschenreuter & Julian Horstkotte, 2013. "Performance effects of top management team demographic faultlines in the process of product diversification," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(6), pages 704-726, June.
- Peng, Mike W. & Su, Weichieh, 2014. "Cross-listing and the scope of the firm," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 42-50.
- Hashai, Niron & Delios, Andrew, 2012. "Balancing growth across geographic diversification and product diversification: A contingency approach," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 1052-1064.
- Foss, Nicolai J. & Klein, Peter G. & Kor, Yasemin Y. & Mahoney, Joseph T., 2006. "Entrepreneurship, Subjectivism, and the Resource-Based View: Towards a New Synthesis," Working Papers 06-0121, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Business.
- Hutzschenreuter, Thomas & Horstkotte, Julian, 2013. "Managerial services and complexity in a firm’s expansion process: An empirical study of the impact on the growth of the firm," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 137-151.
- Thomas Hutzschenreuter & Fabian Guenther, 2009. "Complexity as a constraint on firm expansion within and across industries," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(6), pages 373-392.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:mgtdec:v:26:y:2005:i:2:p:113-127. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/7976 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.