An empirical assessment of reinsurance risk
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- John Lewis, 2010. "Reinsurers as financial intermediaries in the market for catastrophic risk," DNB Occasional Studies 802, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Christian Upper, 2007. "Using counterfactual simulations to assess the danger of contagion in interbank markets," BIS Working Papers 234, Bank for International Settlements.
- Gerald Krenn & Mario Oschischnig, 2003. "Systemic Risk Factors in the Insurance Industry and Methods for Risk Assessment," Financial Stability Report, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 6, pages 62-74.
- De Bandt, Olivier & Hartmann, Philipp, 2000. "Systemic risk: A survey," Working Paper Series 0035, European Central Bank.
- Fenn, George W. & Cole, Rebel A., 1994. "Announcements of asset-quality problems and contagion effects in the life insurance industry," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 181-198, April.
- Upper, Christian & Worms, Andreas, 2004.
"Estimating bilateral exposures in the German interbank market: Is there a danger of contagion?,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, pages 827-849.
- Christian Upper & Andreas Worms, 2001. "Estimating bilateral exposures in the German interbank market: is there a danger of contagion?," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Marrying the macro- and micro-prudential dimensions of financial stability, volume 1, pages 211-229 Bank for International Settlements.
- Upper, Christian & Worms, Andreas, 2002. "Estimating Bilateral Exposures in the German Interbank Market: Is there a Danger of Contagion?," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2002,09, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- repec:onb:oenbwp:y:2003:i:6:b:1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Helmut Elsinger & Alfred Lehar & Martin Summer, 2006.
"Using Market Information for Banking System Risk Assessment,"
International Journal of Central Banking,
International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 2(1), March.
- Elsinger, Helmut & Lehar, Alfred & Summer, Martin, 2005. "Using Market Information for Banking System Risk Assessment," MPRA Paper 817, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- James, Christopher, 1991. " The Losses Realized in Bank Failures," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(4), pages 1223-1242, September.
- Guillaume Plantin, 2006.
"Does Reinsurance Need Reinsurers?,"
Journal of Risk & Insurance,
The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 73(1), pages 153-168.
- Guillaume Plantin, "undated". "Does Reinsurance Need Reinsurers?," GSIA Working Papers 2005-E1, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Plantin, Guillaume, 2003. "Does reinsurance need reinsurers?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24848, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Guillaume Plantin, 2003. "Does Reinsurance Need Reinsurers?," FMG Discussion Papers dp447, Financial Markets Group.
- van Lelyveld, Iman & Liedorp, Franka & Pröpper, Marc, 2008. "Stress Testing Linkages between Banks in the Netherlands," MPRA Paper 10092, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Iman van Lelyveld & Franka Liedorp, 2006.
"Interbank Contagion in the Dutch Banking Sector: A Sensitivity Analysis,"
International Journal of Central Banking,
International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 2(2), May.
- Lelyveld, Iman van & Liedorp, Franka, 2006. "Interbank Contagion in the Dutch Banking Sector: A Sensitivity Analysis," MPRA Paper 806, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Brian J. Hall, 1998. "Regulatory Free Cash Flow and the High Cost of Insurance Company Failures," NBER Working Papers 6837, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fields, Joseph A & Klein, Linda S & Myskowski, Edward G, 1998. "Lloyd's Financial Distress and Contagion within the US Property and Liability Insurance Industry," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 173-185, May-June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eling, Martin & Pankoke, David, 2012. "Systemic Risk in the Insurance Sector – What Do We Know?," Working Papers on Finance 1222, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- French, Andrea & Vital, Mathieu & Minot, Dean, 2015. "Insurance and financial stability," Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, Bank of England, vol. 55(3), pages 242-258.
- Bierth, Christopher & Irresberger, Felix & Weiß, Gregor N.F., 2015. "Systemic risk of insurers around the globe," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 232-245.
- Matt Davison & Darrell Leadbetter & Bin Lu & Jane Voll, 2016. "Are Counterparty Arrangements in Reinsurance a Threat to Financial Stability?," Staff Working Papers 16-39, Bank of Canada.
- Mathieu Gatumel & Sabine Lemoyne de Forges, 2013. "Understanding and Monitoring Reinsurance Counterparty Risk," Post-Print hal-00946934, HAL.
- O. de Bandt & J.-C. Héam & C. Labonne & S. Tavolaro, 2013. "Measuring Systemic Risk in a Post-Crisis World," Débats économiques et financiers 6, Banque de France.
- Kubitza, Christian & Regele, Fabian, 2017. "Persistence of insurance activities and financial stability," ICIR Working Paper Series 30/17, Goethe University Frankfurt, International Center for Insurance Regulation (ICIR).
- Anna Paulson & Richard Rosen, 2016.
"The Life Insurance Industry and Systemic Risk: A Bond Market Perspective,"
Annual Review of Financial Economics,
Annual Reviews, vol. 8(1), pages 155-174, October.
- Paulson, Anna L. & Rosen, Richard J., 2016. "The Life Insurance Industry and Systemic Risk: A Bond Market Perspective," Working Paper Series WP-2016-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Weiß, Gregor N.F. & Mühlnickel, Janina, 2014. "Why do some insurers become systemically relevant?," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, pages 95-117.
- in ’t Veld, Daan & van Lelyveld, Iman, 2014.
"Finding the core: Network structure in interbank markets,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 27-40.
- Iman van Lelyveld & Daan in 't Veld, 2012. "Finding the core: Network structure in interbank markets," DNB Working Papers 348, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Pierre-Emmanuel Darpeix, 2015. "Systemic risk and insurance," PSE Working Papers halshs-01227969, HAL.
- Irresberger, Felix & Bierth, Christopher & Weiß, Gregor N.F., 2017. "Size is everything: Explaining SIFI designations," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 7-19.
More about this item
KeywordsReinsurance Contagion Simulation;
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finsta:v:7:y:2011:i:4:p:191-203. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jfstabil .