Does Reinsurance Need Reinsurers?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Guillaume Plantin, 2003. "Does Reinsurance Need Reinsurers?," FMG Discussion Papers dp447, Financial Markets Group.
- Guillaume Plantin, "undated". "Does Reinsurance Need Reinsurers?," GSIA Working Papers 2005-E1, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Plantin, Guillaume, 2003. "Does reinsurance need reinsurers?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24848, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
References listed on IDEAS
- Neil Doherty & Kent Smetters, 2005. "Moral Hazard in Reinsurance Markets," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 72(3), pages 375-391.
- Mathias Dewatripont & Jean Tirole, 1994. "The prudential regulation of banks," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9539, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Bengt Holmstrom & Jean Tirole, 1997.
"Financial Intermediation, Loanable Funds, and The Real Sector,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 112(3), pages 663-691.
- Bengt Holmstrom & Jean Tirole, 1994. "Financial Intermediation, Loanable Funds and the Real Sector," Working papers 95-1, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Holmström, Bengt & Tirole, Jean, 1994. "Financial Intermediation, Loanable Funds and the Real Sector," IDEI Working Papers 40, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Doherty, N A & Tinic, S M, 1981. "Reinsurance under Conditions of Capital Market Equilibrium: A Note," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 36(4), pages 949-953, September.
- Innes, Robert D., 1990. "Limited liability and incentive contracting with ex-ante action choices," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 45-67, October.
- Douglas W. Diamond, 1984. "Financial Intermediation and Delegated Monitoring," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(3), pages 393-414.
- Mayers, David & Smith, Clifford W, Jr, 1990. "On the Corporate Demand for Insurance: Evidence from the Reinsurance Market," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63(1), pages 19-40, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:bla:jrinsu:v:83:y:2016:i:4:p:1007-1043 is not listed on IDEAS
- John Lewis, 2010. "Reinsurers as financial intermediaries in the market for catastrophic risk," DNB Occasional Studies 802, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Sabine Lemoyne de Forges & Ruben Bibas & Stéphane Hallegatte, 2001.
"A dynamic model of extreme risk coverage : Resilience and e fficiency in the global reinsurance market,"
CIRED Working Papers
- Lemoyne de Forges, Sabine & Bibas, Ruben & Hallegatte, Stephane, 2011. "A dynamic model of extreme risk coverage : resilience and efficiency in the global reinsurance market," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5807, The World Bank.
- Mathieu Gatumel & Sabine Lemoyne de Forges, 2013. "Understanding and Monitoring Reinsurance Counterparty Risk," Post-Print hal-00946934, HAL.
- Selim Mankaï & Aymen Belgacem, 2013.
"Interactions Between Risk-Taking, Capital, and Reinsurance for Property-Liability Insurance Firms,"
EconomiX Working Papers
2013-23, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Selim Mankaï & Aymen Belgacem, 2014. "Interactions Between Risk-Taking, Capital, and Reinsurance for Property- Liability Insurance Firms," Working Papers 2014-154, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- van Lelyveld, Iman & Liedorp, Franka & Kampman, Manuel, 2011. "An empirical assessment of reinsurance risk," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 191-203, December.
- Adams, Mike & Jiang, Wei, 2016. "Do outside directors influence the financial performance of risk-trading firms? Evidence from the United Kingdom (UK) insurance industry," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 36-51.
More about this item
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
- G3 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance
- J1 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jrinsu:v:73:y:2006:i:1:p:153-168. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ariaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.