Does Reinsurance Need Reinsurers?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Guillaume Plantin, "undated". "Does Reinsurance Need Reinsurers?," GSIA Working Papers 2005-E1, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Plantin, Guillaume, 2003. "Does reinsurance need reinsurers?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24848, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
References listed on IDEAS
- Neil Doherty & Kent Smetters, 2005. "Moral Hazard in Reinsurance Markets," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 72(3), pages 375-391.
- Bengt Holmstrom & Jean Tirole, 1997.
"Financial Intermediation, Loanable Funds, and The Real Sector,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 112(3), pages 663-691.
- Bengt Holmstrom & Jean Tirole, 1994. "Financial Intermediation, Loanable Funds and the Real Sector," Working papers 95-1, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Holmström, Bengt & Tirole, Jean, 1994. "Financial Intermediation, Loanable Funds and the Real Sector," IDEI Working Papers 40, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Innes, Robert D., 1990. "Limited liability and incentive contracting with ex-ante action choices," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 45-67, October.
- Douglas W. Diamond, 1984. "Financial Intermediation and Delegated Monitoring," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(3), pages 393-414.
- Mathias Dewatripont & Jean Tirole, 1994. "The prudential regulation of banks," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9539, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Doherty, N A & Tinic, S M, 1981. "Reinsurance under Conditions of Capital Market Equilibrium: A Note," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 36(4), pages 949-953, September.
- Mayers, David & Smith, Clifford W, Jr, 1990. "On the Corporate Demand for Insurance: Evidence from the Reinsurance Market," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63(1), pages 19-40, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- John Lewis, 2010. "Reinsurers as financial intermediaries in the market for catastrophic risk," DNB Occasional Studies 802, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- van Lelyveld, Iman & Liedorp, Franka & Kampman, Manuel, 2011. "An empirical assessment of reinsurance risk," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 191-203, December.
- Adams, Mike & Jiang, Wei, 2016. "Do outside directors influence the financial performance of risk-trading firms? Evidence from the United Kingdom (UK) insurance industry," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 36-51.
- Sabine Lemoyne de Forges & Ruben Bibas & Stéphane Hallegatte, 2001.
"A dynamic model of extreme risk coverage : Resilience and e fficiency in the global reinsurance market,"
CIRED Working Papers
- Lemoyne de Forges, Sabine & Bibas, Ruben & Hallegatte, Stephane, 2011. "A dynamic model of extreme risk coverage : resilience and efficiency in the global reinsurance market," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5807, The World Bank.
- repec:bla:jrinsu:v:83:y:2016:i:4:p:1007-1043 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mathieu Gatumel & Sabine Lemoyne de Forges, 2013. "Understanding and Monitoring Reinsurance Counterparty Risk," Post-Print hal-00946934, HAL.
- Selim Mankaï & Aymen Belgacem, 2013.
"Interactions Between Risk-Taking, Capital, and Reinsurance for Property-Liability Insurance Firms,"
EconomiX Working Papers
2013-23, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Selim Mankaï & Aymen Belgacem, 2014. "Interactions Between Risk-Taking, Capital, and Reinsurance for Property- Liability Insurance Firms," Working Papers 2014-154, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
More about this item
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
- G3 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance
- J1 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fmg:fmgdps:dp447. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (The FMG Administration). General contact details of provider: http://www.lse.ac.uk/fmg/ .