Systemic Risk in the Insurance Sector – What Do We Know?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin Eling & Hato Schmeiser, 2010. "Insurance and the Credit Crisis: Impact and Ten Consequences for Risk Management and Supervision," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 35(1), pages 9-34, January.
- Martin Eling & Hato Schmeiser & Joan T. Schmit, 2007. "The Solvency II Process: Overview and Critical Analysis," Risk Management and Insurance Review, American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 10(1), pages 69-85, March.
- De Bandt, Olivier & Hartmann, Philipp, 2000. "Systemic risk: A survey," Working Paper Series 35, European Central Bank.
- Billio, Monica & Getmansky, Mila & Lo, Andrew W. & Pelizzon, Loriana, 2012.
"Econometric measures of connectedness and systemic risk in the finance and insurance sectors,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 104(3), pages 535-559.
- Monica Billio & Mila Getmansky & Andrew W. Lo & Loriana Pelizzon, 2011. "Econometric Measures of Connectedness and Systemic Risk in the Finance and Insurance Sectors," Working Papers 2011_21, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Douglas W. Diamond & Raghuram G. Rajan, 2009.
"The Credit Crisis: Conjectures about Causes and Remedies,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 99(2), pages 606-610, May.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Raghuram Rajan, 2009. "The Credit Crisis: Conjectures about Causes and Remedies," NBER Working Papers 14739, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hua Chen & J. David Cummins & Krupa S. Viswanathan & Mary A. Weiss, 2014. "Systemic Risk and the Interconnectedness Between Banks and Insurers: An Econometric Analysis," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 81(3), pages 623-652, September.
- J. David Cummins & Mary A. Weiss, 2009. "Convergence of Insurance and Financial Markets: Hybrid and Securitized Risk‐Transfer Solutions," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 76(3), pages 493-545, September.
- Scott E. Harrington, 2009. "The Financial Crisis, Systemic Risk, and the Future of Insurance Regulation," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 76(4), pages 785-819, December.
- Martin Eling & Nadine Gatzert & Hato Schmeiser, 2008. "The Swiss Solvency Test and its Market Implications," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 33(3), pages 418-439, July.
- Gary Gorton & Andrew Metrick, 2012.
"Getting Up to Speed on the Financial Crisis: A One-Weekend-Reader's Guide,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 50(1), pages 128-150, March.
- Gary B. Gorton & Andrew Metrick, 2012. "Getting up to Speed on the Financial Crisis: A One-Weekend-Reader's Guide," NBER Working Papers 17778, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- van Lelyveld, Iman & Liedorp, Franka & Kampman, Manuel, 2011. "An empirical assessment of reinsurance risk," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 191-203, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bierth, Christopher & Irresberger, Felix & Weiß, Gregor N.F., 2015. "Systemic risk of insurers around the globe," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 232-245.
- Carlos Guiné, 2014. "Global Systemically Important Insurers," EIOPA Financial Stability Report - Thematic Articles 2, EIOPA, Risks and Financial Stability Department.
- Christian Thimann, 2014. "How Insurers Differ from Banks: A Primer on Systemic Regulation," Working Papers halshs-01074933, HAL.
- Berdin, Elia & Sottocornolay, Matteo, 2015. "Insurance activities and systemic risk," ICIR Working Paper Series 19/15, Goethe University Frankfurt, International Center for Insurance Regulation (ICIR).
- Pierre-Emmanuel Darpeix, 2015. "Systemic risk and insurance," PSE Working Papers halshs-01227969, HAL.
- Anushri Bansal, 2016. "Systemic Importance of Insurance Companies¡ªAn Empirical Analysis," International Finance and Banking, Macrothink Institute, vol. 3(1), pages 44-76, June.
- Thimann, Christian, 2014.
"How insurers differ from banks: a primer on systemic regulation,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
61218, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Christian Thimann, 2014. "How Insurers Differ from Banks: A Primer on Systemic Regulation," PSE Working Papers halshs-01074933, HAL.
- Elia Berdin & Matteo Sottocornola, 2015. "Assessing Systemic Risk of the European Insurance Industry," EIOPA Financial Stability Report - Thematic Articles 6, EIOPA, Risks and Financial Stability Department.
- repec:gam:jrisks:v:6:y:2018:i:3:p:74-:d:160277 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ecofin:v:48:y:2019:i:c:p:835-856 is not listed on IDEAS
- Berdin, Elia & Sottocornola, Matteo, 2015. "Insurance activities and systemic risk," SAFE Working Paper Series 121, Research Center SAFE - Sustainable Architecture for Finance in Europe, Goethe University Frankfurt.
- repec:pal:gpprii:v:43:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1057_s41288-017-0049-0 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsSystemic Risk; Insurance; Solvency II; Financial Crisis.;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:usg:sfwpfi:2012:22. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Geraldine Frei). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cfisgch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.