On the economic potential for electric load management in the German residential heating sector – An optimising energy system model approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Moura, Pedro S. & de Almeida, Aníbal T., 2010. "Multi-objective optimization of a mixed renewable system with demand-side management," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 1461-1468, June.
- Rosenberg, Eva & Lind, Arne & Espegren, Kari Aamodt, 2013. "The impact of future energy demand on renewable energy production – Case of Norway," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 419-431.
- Sandberg, Johan & Larsson, Mikael & Wang, Chuan & Dahl, Jan & Lundgren, Joakim, 2012. "A new optimal solution space based method for increased resolution in energy system optimisation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 583-592.
- Hoffmann, Bastian & Häfele, Sebastian & Karl, Ute, 2013. "Analysis of performance losses of thermal power plants in Germany – A System Dynamics model approach using data from regional climate modelling," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 193-203.
- Rasmussen, Morten Grud & Andresen, Gorm Bruun & Greiner, Martin, 2012. "Storage and balancing synergies in a fully or highly renewable pan-European power system," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 642-651.
- Michelsen, Carl Christian & Madlener, Reinhard, 2012. "Homeowners' preferences for adopting innovative residential heating systems: A discrete choice analysis for Germany," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 1271-1283.
- Kranzl, Lukas & Hummel, Marcus & Müller, Andreas & Steinbach, Jan, 2013. "Renewable heating: Perspectives and the impact of policy instruments," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 44-58.
- Rosen, Johannes & Tietze-Stöckinger, Ingela & Rentz, Otto, 2007. "Model-based analysis of effects from large-scale wind power production," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 575-583.
- Vaillancourt, Kathleen & Labriet, Maryse & Loulou, Richard & Waaub, Jean-Philippe, 2008. "The role of nuclear energy in long-term climate scenarios: An analysis with the World-TIMES model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 2296-2307, July.
- Gracceva, Francesco & Zeniewski, Peter, 2013. "Exploring the uncertainty around potential shale gas development – A global energy system analysis based on TIAM (TIMES Integrated Assessment Model)," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 443-457.
- Deane, J.P. & Chiodi, Alessandro & Gargiulo, Maurizio & Ó Gallachóir, Brian P., 2012. "Soft-linking of a power systems model to an energy systems model," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 303-312.
- Pina, André & Silva, Carlos & Ferrão, Paulo, 2011. "Modeling hourly electricity dynamics for policy making in long-term scenarios," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 4692-4702, September.
- Kannan, Ramachandran & Strachan, Neil, 2009. "Modelling the UK residential energy sector under long-term decarbonisation scenarios: Comparison between energy systems and sectoral modelling approaches," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(4), pages 416-428, April.
- Connolly, D. & Lund, H. & Mathiesen, B.V. & Pican, E. & Leahy, M., 2012. "The technical and economic implications of integrating fluctuating renewable energy using energy storage," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 47-60.
- Howells, M. I. & Alfstad, T. & Victor, D. G. & Goldstein, G. & Remme, U., 2005. "A model of household energy services in a low-income rural African village," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(14), pages 1833-1851, September.
- Hawkes, Adam & Leach, Matthew, 2005. "Impacts of temporal precision in optimisation modelling of micro-Combined Heat and Power," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 30(10), pages 1759-1779.
- Heide, Dominik & Greiner, Martin & von Bremen, Lüder & Hoffmann, Clemens, 2011. "Reduced storage and balancing needs in a fully renewable European power system with excess wind and solar power generation," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 2515-2523.
- Dallinger, David & Gerda, Schubert & Wietschel, Martin, 2013. "Integration of intermittent renewable power supply using grid-connected vehicles – A 2030 case study for California and Germany," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 666-682.
- Ludig, Sylvie & Haller, Markus & Schmid, Eva & Bauer, Nico, 2011. "Fluctuating renewables in a long-term climate change mitigation strategy," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 6674-6685.
- Rout, Ullash K. & Fahl, Ulrich & Remme, Uwe & Blesl, Markus & Voß, Alfred, 2009. "Endogenous implementation of technology gap in energy optimization models--a systematic analysis within TIMES G5 model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2814-2830, July.
- Arteconi, A. & Hewitt, N.J. & Polonara, F., 2012. "State of the art of thermal storage for demand-side management," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 371-389.
- Holmberg, Henrik & Tuomaala, Mari & Haikonen, Turo & Ahtila, Pekka, 2012. "Allocation of fuel costs and CO2-emissions to heat and power in an industrial CHP plant: Case integrated pulp and paper mill," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 614-623.
- Kannan, Ramachandran, 2011. "The development and application of a temporal MARKAL energy system model using flexible time slicing," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(6), pages 2261-2272, June.
- Lehtilä, A. & Savolainen, I. & Syri, S., 2005. "The role of technology development in greenhouse gas emissions reduction: The case of Finland," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 30(14), pages 2738-2758.
- Connolly, D. & Lund, H. & Mathiesen, B.V. & Werner, S. & Möller, B. & Persson, U. & Boermans, T. & Trier, D. & Østergaard, P.A. & Nielsen, S., 2014. "Heat Roadmap Europe: Combining district heating with heat savings to decarbonise the EU energy system," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 475-489.
- Bauermann, Klaas & Spiecker, Stephan & Weber, Christoph, 2014. "Individual decisions and system development – Integrating modelling approaches for the heating market," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 149-158.
- Haydt, Gustavo & Leal, Vítor & Pina, André & Silva, Carlos A., 2011. "The relevance of the energy resource dynamics in the mid/long-term energy planning models," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 3068-3074.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bloess, Andreas, 2019. "Impacts of heat sector transformation on Germany’s power system through increased use of power-to-heat," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 239(C), pages 560-580.
- Bahl, Björn & Lampe, Matthias & Voll, Philip & Bardow, André, 2017. "Optimization-based identification and quantification of demand-side management potential for distributed energy supply systems," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 135(C), pages 889-899.
- Katz, Jonas & Andersen, Frits Møller & Morthorst, Poul Erik, 2016. "Load-shift incentives for household demand response: Evaluation of hourly dynamic pricing and rebate schemes in a wind-based electricity system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 115(P3), pages 1602-1616.
- Kirchem, Dana & Lynch, Muireann Á & Casey, Eoin & Bertsch, Valentin, 2019. "Demand response within the energy-for-water-nexus: A review," Papers WP637, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Andreas Bloess & Wolf-Peter Schill & Alexander Zerrahn, 2017. "Power-to-Heat for Renewable Energy Integration: Technologies, Modeling Approaches, and Flexibility Potentials," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1677, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Ambrosius, Mirjam & Grimm, Veronika & Sölch, Christian & Zöttl, Gregor, 2018. "Investment incentives for flexible demand options under different market designs," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 372-389.
- Boßmann, Tobias & Eser, Eike Johannes, 2016. "Model-based assessment of demand-response measures—A comprehensive literature review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 1637-1656.
- Sonja Simon & Tobias Naegler & Hans Christian Gils, 2018. "Transformation towards a Renewable Energy System in Brazil and Mexico—Technological and Structural Options for Latin America," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(4), pages 1-26, April.
- McKenna, Russell & Merkel, Erik & Fichtner, Wolf, 2017. "Energy autonomy in residential buildings: A techno-economic model-based analysis of the scale effects," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 189(C), pages 800-815.
- Merkel, Erik & Fehrenbach, Daniel & McKenna, Russell & Fichtner, Wolf, 2014. "Modelling decentralised heat supply: An application and methodological extension in TIMES," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 592-605.
- Ehrlich, Lars G. & Klamka, Jonas & Wolf, André, 2015. "The potential of decentralized power-to-heat as a flexibility option for the german electricity system: A microeconomic perspective," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 417-428.
- Bjoern Felten & Christoph Weber, "undated". "Modeling the Value of Flexible Heat Pumps," EWL Working Papers 1709, University of Duisburg-Essen, Chair for Management Science and Energy Economics.
- Bloess, Andreas & Schill, Wolf-Peter & Zerrahn, Alexander, 2018.
"Power-to-heat for renewable energy integration: A review of technologies, modeling approaches, and flexibility potentials,"
Elsevier, vol. 212(C), pages 1611-1626.
- Bloess, Andreas & Schill, Wolf-Peter & Zerrahn, Alexander, 2018. "Power-to-heat for renewable energy integration: A review of technologies, modeling approaches, and flexibility potentials," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 1611-1626.
- Li, Pei-Hao & Pye, Steve, 2018. "Assessing the benefits of demand-side flexibility in residential and transport sectors from an integrated energy systems perspective," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 228(C), pages 965-979.
- Hansen, Kenneth & Connolly, David & Lund, Henrik & Drysdale, David & Thellufsen, Jakob Zinck, 2016. "Heat Roadmap Europe: Identifying the balance between saving heat and supplying heat," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 115(P3), pages 1663-1671.
- Jun Dong & Huijuan Huo & Sen Guo, 2016. "Demand Side Management Performance Evaluation for Commercial Enterprises," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(10), pages 1-23, October.
- Felten, Björn & Weber, Christoph, 2018. "The value(s) of flexible heat pumps – Assessment of technical and economic conditions," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 228(C), pages 1292-1319.
More about this item
KeywordsOptimising energy system model in TIMES; Demand side management; Energy storage; Residential heating; Micro-CHP; Heat pumps;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:71:y:2014:i:c:p:263-276. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.