Potential of CO2 (carbon dioxide) taxes as a policy measure towards low-carbon Portuguese electricity sector by 2050
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Levine, Mark D. & Koomey, Jonathan G. & Price, Lynn & Geller, Howard & Nadel, Steven, 1995. "Electricity end-use efficiency: Experience with technologies, markets, and policies throughout the world," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 37-61.
- Egenhofer, Christian, 2007. "The Making of the EU Emissions Trading Scheme:: Status, Prospects and Implications for Business," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 453-463, December.
- Blesl, Markus & Das, Anjana & Fahl, Ulrich & Remme, Uwe, 2007. "Role of energy efficiency standards in reducing CO2 emissions in Germany: An assessment with TIMES," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 772-785, February.
- van Vuuren, Detlef P. & Hoogwijk, Monique & Barker, Terry & Riahi, Keywan & Boeters, Stefan & Chateau, Jean & Scrieciu, Serban & van Vliet, Jasper & Masui, Toshihiko & Blok, Kornelis & Blomen, Eliane , 2009. "Comparison of top-down and bottom-up estimates of sectoral and regional greenhouse gas emission reduction potentials," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5125-5139, December.
- van der Zwaan, Bob & Gerlagh, Reyer, 2006. "Climate sensitivity uncertainty and the necessity to transform global energy supply," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(14), pages 2571-2587.
- Ludig, Sylvie & Haller, Markus & Schmid, Eva & Bauer, Nico, 2011. "Fluctuating renewables in a long-term climate change mitigation strategy," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 6674-6685.
- Amorim, F. & Vasconcelos, J. & Abreu, I.C. & Silva, P.P. & Martins, V., 2013. "How much room for a competitive electricity generation market in Portugal?," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 18(C), pages 103-118.
- Gutiérrez-Martín, F. & Da Silva-Álvarez, R.A. & Montoro-Pintado, P., 2013. "Effects of wind intermittency on reduction of CO2 emissions: The case of the Spanish power system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 108-117.
- Pina, André & Silva, Carlos & Ferrão, Paulo, 2012. "The impact of demand side management strategies in the penetration of renewable electricity," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 128-137.
- Krajacic, Goran & Duic, Neven & Carvalho, Maria da Graça, 2011. "How to achieve a 100% RES electricity supply for Portugal?," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 508-517, February.
- Lund, Henrik, 2006. "The Kyoto mechanisms and technological innovation," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(13), pages 2325-2332.
- Mo, Jian-Lei & Zhu, Lei & Fan, Ying, 2012. "The impact of the EU ETS on the corporate value of European electricity corporations," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 3-11.
- Vaillancourt, Kathleen & Labriet, Maryse & Loulou, Richard & Waaub, Jean-Philippe, 2008. "The role of nuclear energy in long-term climate scenarios: An analysis with the World-TIMES model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 2296-2307, July.
- Pina, André & Silva, Carlos & Ferrão, Paulo, 2011. "Modeling hourly electricity dynamics for policy making in long-term scenarios," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 4692-4702, September.
- Vögele, Stefan & Rübbelke, Dirk, 2013. "Decisions on investments in photovoltaics and carbon capture and storage: A comparison between two different greenhouse gas control strategies," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 385-392.
- Pina, André & Silva, Carlos A. & Ferrão, Paulo, 2013. "High-resolution modeling framework for planning electricity systems with high penetration of renewables," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 215-223.
- Ramos, J.S. & Ramos, H.M., 2009. "Sustainable application of renewable sources in water pumping systems: Optimized energy system configuration," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 633-643, February.
- Haydt, Gustavo & Leal, Vítor & Pina, André & Silva, Carlos A., 2011. "The relevance of the energy resource dynamics in the mid/long-term energy planning models," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 3068-3074.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dedinec, Aleksandar & Taseska-Gjorgievska, Verica & Markovska, Natasa & Obradovic Grncarovska, Teodora & Duic, Neven & Pop-Jordanov, Jordan & Taleski, Rubin, 2016. "Towards post-2020 climate change regime: Analyses of various mitigation scenarios and contributions for Macedonia," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 124-137.
- repec:eee:phsmap:v:522:y:2019:i:c:p:135-146 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:enepol:v:114:y:2018:i:c:p:262-273 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jeners:v:12:y:2019:i:5:p:777-:d:209163 is not listed on IDEAS
- Solaymani, Saeed & Kardooni, Roozbeh & Yusoff, Sumiani Binti & Kari, Fatimah, 2015. "The impacts of climate change policies on the transportation sector," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 719-728.
- Duan, Hong-Bo & Zhu, Lei & Fan, Ying, 2014. "Optimal carbon taxes in carbon-constrained China: A logistic-induced energy economic hybrid model," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 345-356.
- Fang, Guochang & Tian, Lixin & Fu, Min & Sun, Mei & Du, Ruijin & Liu, Menghe, 2017. "Investigating carbon tax pilot in YRD urban agglomerations—Analysis of a novel ESER system with carbon tax constraints and its application," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 194(C), pages 635-647.
- Rečka, L. & Ščasný, M., 2016. "Impacts of carbon pricing, brown coal availability and gas cost on Czech energy system up to 2050," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 19-33.
- Cech, Marel & Janda, Karel, 2016. "Description of European policies and issues related to electricity pricing," MPRA Paper 74600, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:98:y:2018:i:c:p:346-360 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsElectricity generation; CO2 emissions; CO2 taxes; The Integrated MARKAL-EFOM System; Portugal;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:69:y:2014:i:c:p:113-119. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.