Effectiveness of setting cumulative carbon dioxide emissions reduction targets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Praetorius, Barbara & Schumacher, Katja, 2009.
"Greenhouse gas mitigation in a carbon constrained world: The role of carbon capture and storage,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5081-5093, December.
- Barbara Praetorius & Katja Schumacher, 2008. "Greenhouse Gas Mitigation in a Carbon Constrained World: The Role of Carbon Capture and Storage," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 820, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Lund, Henrik, 2006. "The Kyoto mechanisms and technological innovation," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(13), pages 2325-2332.
- Cédric Philibert & Jonathan Pershing, 2001. "Considering the options: climate targets for all countries," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 211-227, June.
- Bell, Michelle L. & Hobbs, Benjamin F. & Ellis, Hugh, 2003. "The use of multi-criteria decision-making methods in the integrated assessment of climate change: implications for IA practitioners," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 289-316, December.
- den Elzen, Michel & Höhne, Niklas & van Vliet, Jasper, 2009. "Analysing comparable greenhouse gas mitigation efforts for Annex I countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 4114-4131, October.
- Jaccard, Mark & Roop, Joe, 1990. "The ISTUM-PC model : Trial application to the British Columbia pulp and paper industry," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 185-196, July.
- Schiffer, Hans-Wilhelm, 2008. "WEC energy policy scenarios to 2050," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 2464-2470, July.
- Acaravci, Ali & Ozturk, Ilhan, 2010. "On the relationship between energy consumption, CO2 emissions and economic growth in Europe," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 5412-5420.
- van Vuuren, Detlef P. & Hoogwijk, Monique & Barker, Terry & Riahi, Keywan & Boeters, Stefan & Chateau, Jean & Scrieciu, Serban & van Vliet, Jasper & Masui, Toshihiko & Blok, Kornelis & Blomen, Eliane , 2009. "Comparison of top-down and bottom-up estimates of sectoral and regional greenhouse gas emission reduction potentials," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5125-5139, December.
- Gottinger, Hans W., 1998. "Greenhouse Gas Economics and Computable General Equilibrium," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 537-580, October.
- Manne, Alan S. & Stephan, Gunter, 2005.
"Global climate change and the equity–efficiency puzzle,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(14), pages 2525-2536.
- Alan S. Manne & Gunter Stephan, 2003. "Global Climate Change and the Equity-Efficiency Puzzle," Diskussionsschriften dp0306, Universitaet Bern, Departement Volkswirtschaft.
- Rubin, Edward S. & Chen, Chao & Rao, Anand B., 2007. "Cost and performance of fossil fuel power plants with CO2 capture and storage," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 4444-4454, September.
- Paule Stephenson & Jonathan Boston, 2010. "Climate change, equity and the relevance of European 'effort-sharing' for global mitigation efforts," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 3-16, January.
- van der Zwaan, Bob & Gerlagh, Reyer, 2006. "Climate sensitivity uncertainty and the necessity to transform global energy supply," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(14), pages 2571-2587.
- Möst, Dominik & Perlwitz, Holger, 2009. "Prospects of gas supply until 2020 in Europe and its relevance for the power sector in the context of emission trading," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 1510-1522.
- Grohnheit, Poul Erik, 1991. "Economic interpretation of the EFOM model," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 143-152, April.
- Grubb, Michael, 1993. "Policy modelling for climate change : The missing models," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 203-208, March.
- Chicco, Gianfranco & Mancarella, Pierluigi, 2007. "Trigeneration primary energy saving evaluation for energy planning and policy development," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 6132-6144, December.
- Kawase, Reina & Matsuoka, Yuzuru & Fujino, Junichi, 2006. "Decomposition analysis of CO2 emission in long-term climate stabilization scenarios," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(15), pages 2113-2122, October.
- Konidari, Popi & Mavrakis, Dimitrios, 2007. "A multi-criteria evaluation method for climate change mitigation policy instruments," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 6235-6257, December.
- Macintosh, Andrew, 2010. "Keeping warming within the 2Â Â°C limit after Copenhagen," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 2964-2975, June.
- Anderson, Kevin & Bows, Alice & Mander, Sarah, 2008. "From long-term targets to cumulative emission pathways: Reframing UK climate policy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 3714-3722, October.
- Murphy, Rose & Jaccard, Mark, 2011. "Energy efficiency and the cost of GHG abatement: A comparison of bottom-up and hybrid models for the US," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(11), pages 7146-7155.
- Chicco, Gianfranco & Mancarella, Pierluigi, 2009. "Distributed multi-generation: A comprehensive view," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 535-551, April.
- Zhang, ZhongXiang & Folmer, Henk, 1998. "Economic modelling approaches to cost estimates for the control of carbon dioxide emissions1," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 101-120, February.
- Mark K. Jaccard & John Nyboer & Crhis Bataille & Bryn Sadownik, 2003. "Modeling the Cost of Climate Policy: Distinguishing Between Alternative Cost Definitions and Long-Run Cost Dynamics," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 49-73.
- Sue Wing, Ian, 2008. "The synthesis of bottom-up and top-down approaches to climate policy modeling: Electric power technology detail in a social accounting framework," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 547-573, March.
- Weisser, Daniel, 2007. "A guide to life-cycle greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from electric supply technologies," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1543-1559.
- Leonardo Barreto, Socrates Kypreos, 2002. "Multi-regional technological learning in the energysystems MARKAL model," International Journal of Global Energy Issues, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 17(3), pages 189-213.
- Messner, Sabine & Schrattenholzer, Leo, 2000. "MESSAGE–MACRO: linking an energy supply model with a macroeconomic module and solving it iteratively," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 267-282.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- LeValley, Trevor L. & Richard, Anthony R. & Fan, Maohong, 2015. "Development of catalysts for hydrogen production through the integration of steam reforming of methane and high temperature water gas shift," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 90(P1), pages 748-758.
- Chang, Kai & Chang, Hao, 2016. "Cutting CO2 intensity targets of interprovincial emissions trading in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 163(C), pages 211-221.
- Hong, Taehoon & Koo, Choongwan & Kim, Hyunjoong & Seon Park, Hyo, 2014. "Decision support model for establishing the optimal energy retrofit strategy for existing multi-family housing complexes," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 157-169.
- Koo, Choongwan & Kim, Hyunjoong & Hong, Taehoon, 2014. "Framework for the analysis of the low-carbon scenario 2020 to achieve the national carbon Emissions reduction target: Focused on educational facilities," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 356-367.
- repec:spr:endesu:v:20:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s10668-017-9935-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:masfgc:v:23:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s11027-017-9743-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chang, Kai & Zhang, Chao & Chang, Hao, 2016. "Emissions reduction allocation and economic welfare estimation through interregional emissions trading in China: Evidence from efficiency and equity," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 1125-1135.
- Xingpeng Chen & Guokui Wang & Xiaojia Guo & Jinxiu Fu, 2016. "An Analysis Based on SD Model for Energy-Related CO 2 Mitigation in the Chinese Household Sector," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(12), pages 1-18, December.
More about this item
KeywordsCarbon dioxide; Cumulative emissions; Electricity and heat sector; Emission reduction path effectiveness; Target; Multi-criteria decision-making;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:42:y:2012:i:1:p:19-31. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.