The impact of the North American shale gas revolution on regional natural gas markets: Evidence from the regime-switching model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mike Artis & Hans-Martin Krolzig & Juan Toro, 2004.
"The European business cycle,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 56(1), pages 1-44, January.
- Artis, M. & Krolzig, H.-M. & Toro, J., 1999. "The European Business Cycle," Economics Working Papers eco99/24, European University Institute.
- Mike Artis & Hans-Martin Krolzig & Juan Toro, 2002. "The European Business Cycle," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2002/19, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Artis, Michael J & Krolzig, Hans-Martin & Toro, Juan, 1999. "The European Business Cycle," CEPR Discussion Papers 2242, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Peter R. Hartley & Kenneth B Medlock III & Jennifer E. Rosthal, 2008. "The Relationship of Natural Gas to Oil Prices," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 47-66.
- Zhang, Yue-Jun & Zhang, Lu, 2015. "Interpreting the crude oil price movements: Evidence from the Markov regime switching model," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 143(C), pages 96-109.
- Westgaard, Sjur & Estenstad, Maria & Seim, Maria & Frydenberg, Stein, 2011. "Co-integration of ICE Gas oil and Crude oil futures," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 311-320, March.
- David J. Ramberg and John E. Parsons, 2012. "The Weak Tie Between Natural Gas and Oil Prices," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2).
- Wang, Qiang & Chen, Xi & Jha, Awadhesh N. & Rogers, Howard, 2014. "Natural gas from shale formation – The evolution, evidences and challenges of shale gas revolution in United States," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 1-28.
- Potts, Todd B. & Yerger, David B., 2016. "Marcellus Shale and structural breaks in oil and gas markets: The case of Pennsylvania," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 50-58.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-569 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brigida, Matthew, 2014. "The switching relationship between natural gas and crude oil prices," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 48-55.
- Gracceva, Francesco & Zeniewski, Peter, 2013. "Exploring the uncertainty around potential shale gas development – A global energy system analysis based on TIAM (TIMES Integrated Assessment Model)," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 443-457.
- Stephen P. A. Brown & Mine K. Yucel, 2008. "What Drives Natural Gas Prices?," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 45-60.
- Hamilton, James D, 1989. "A New Approach to the Economic Analysis of Nonstationary Time Series and the Business Cycle," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 357-384, March.
- Atil, Ahmed & Lahiani, Amine & Nguyen, Duc Khuong, 2014.
"Asymmetric and nonlinear pass-through of crude oil prices to gasoline and natural gas prices,"
Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 567-573.
- Ahmed Atil & Amine Lahiani & Duc Khuong Nguyen, 2014. "Asymmetric and nonlinear pass-through of crude oil prices to gasoline and natural gas prices," Post-Print halshs-01022598, HAL.
- Huntington, Hillard G., 2007. "Industrial natural gas consumption in the United States: An empirical model for evaluating future trends," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 743-759, July.
- Asche, Frank & Oglend, Atle & Osmundsen, Petter, 2012. "Gas versus oil prices the impact of shale gas," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 117-124.
- Ji, Qiang & Geng, Jiang-Bo & Fan, Ying, 2014. "Separated influence of crude oil prices on regional natural gas import prices," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 96-105.
- Wakamatsu, Hiroki & Aruga, Kentaka, 2013. "The impact of the shale gas revolution on the U.S. and Japanese natural gas markets," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 1002-1009.
- De Silva, P.N.K. & Simons, S.J.R. & Stevens, P., 2016. "Economic impact analysis of natural gas development and the policy implications," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 639-651.
- Kim, Chang-Jin, 1994. "Dynamic linear models with Markov-switching," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1-2), pages 1-22.
- Hamilton, James D., 1990. "Analysis of time series subject to changes in regime," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1-2), pages 39-70.
- Brown, Stephen P.A. & Krupnick, Alan, 2010. "Abundant Shale Gas Resources: Long-Term Implications for U.S. Natural Gas Markets," Discussion Papers dp-10-41, Resources For the Future.
- Paltsev, Sergey & Zhang, Danwei, 2015. "Natural gas pricing reform in China: Getting closer to a market system?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 43-56.
- Stern, Jonathan, 2014. "International gas pricing in Europe and Asia: A crisis of fundamentals," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 43-48.
- Ferrara, Laurent, 2003. "A three-regime real-time indicator for the US economy," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(3), pages 373-378, December.
- Cotton, Matthew & Rattle, Imogen & Van Alstine, James, 2014. "Shale gas policy in the United Kingdom: An argumentative discourse analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 427-438.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Xia, Tongshui & Ji, Qiang & Geng, Jiang-Bo, 2020. "Nonlinear dependence and information spillover between electricity and fuel source markets: New evidence from a multi-scale analysis," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 537(C).
- Shi, Xunpeng & Variam, Hari Malamakkavu Padinjare & Shen, Yifan, 2019. "Trans-ASEAN gas pipeline and ASEAN gas market integration: Insights from a scenario analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 83-95.
- Ji, Qiang & Zhang, Hai-Ying & Geng, Jiang-Bo, 2018. "What drives natural gas prices in the United States? – A directed acyclic graph approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 79-88.
- Zhang, Dayong & Shi, Min & Shi, Xunpeng, 2018. "Oil indexation, market fundamentals, and natural gas prices: An investigation of the Asian premium in natural gas trade," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 33-41.
- Tiwari, Aviral Kumar & Mukherjee, Zinnia & Gupta, Rangan & Balcilar, Mehmet, 2019.
"A wavelet analysis of the relationship between oil and natural gas prices,"
Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 118-124.
- Aviral Kumar Tiwari & Zinnia Mukherjee & Rangan Gupta & Mehmet Balcilar, 2018. "A Wavelet Analysis of the Relationship between Oil and Natural Gas Prices," Working Papers 201831, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Zhang, Dayong & Wang, Tiantian & Shi, Xunpeng & Liu, Jia, 2018. "Is hub-based pricing a better choice than oil indexation for natural gas? Evidence from a multiple bubble test," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 495-503.
- Theodosios Perifanis & Athanasios Dagoumas, 2018. "Price and Volatility Spillovers Between the US Crude Oil and Natural Gas Wholesale Markets," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(10), pages 1-25, October.
- Yang, Yan & Wang, Limao & Fang, Yebing & Mou, Chufu, 2017. "Integrated value of shale gas development: A comparative analysis in the United States and China," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 1465-1478.
- Yusong Wu & Xiao Li & Jianming He & Bo Zheng, 2016. "Mechanical Properties of Longmaxi Black Organic-Rich Shale Samples from South China under Uniaxial and Triaxial Compression States," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(12), pages 1-24, December.
- Ji, Qiang & Geng, Jiang-Bo & Tiwari, Aviral Kumar, 2018. "Information spillovers and connectedness networks in the oil and gas markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 71-84.
- Cuilin Li & Ya-Juan Du & Qiang Ji & Jiang-bo Geng, 2019. "Multiscale Market Integration and Nonlinear Granger Causality between Natural Gas Futures and Physical Markets," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(19), pages 1-23, October.
- Batten, Jonathan A. & Ciner, Cetin & Lucey, Brian M., 2017. "The dynamic linkages between crude oil and natural gas markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 155-170.
- Hu, Haiqing & Wei, Wei & Chang, Chun-Ping, 2019. "Do shale gas and oil productions move in convergence? An investigation using unit root tests with structural breaks," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 21-33.
- Li, Xiuming & Sun, Mei & Gao, Cuixia & He, Huizi, 2019. "The spillover effects between natural gas and crude oil markets: The correlation network analysis based on multi-scale approach," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 524(C), pages 306-324.
- Wang, TianTian & Zhang, Dayong & Clive Broadstock, David, 2019. "Financialization, fundamentals, and the time-varying determinants of US natural gas prices," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 707-719.
- Wen Li & Yuxi Liu & Siqi Xiao & Yu Zhang & Lihe Chai, 2018. "An Investigation of the Underlying Evolution of Shale Gas Research’s Domain Based on the Co-Word Network," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(1), pages 1-23, January.
- Geng, Jiang-Bo & Ji, Qiang & Fan, Ying, 2017. "The relationship between regional natural gas markets and crude oil markets from a multi-scale nonlinear Granger causality perspective," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 98-110.
- Pablo Cansado-Bravo & Carlos Rodríguez-Monroy, 2018. "Persistence of Oil Prices in Gas Import Prices and the Resilience of the Oil-Indexation Mechanism. The Case of Spanish Gas Import Prices," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(12), pages 1-17, December.
- Zhang, Dayong & Ji, Qiang, 2018. "Further evidence on the debate of oil-gas price decoupling: A long memory approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 68-75.
More about this item
KeywordsShale gas revolution; Natural gas market; Regime-switching model; Price spreads;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:96:y:2016:i:c:p:167-178. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.