Incorporating life cycle external cost in optimization of the electricity generation mix
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kucukali, Serhat & Baris, Kemal, 2010. "Turkey's short-term gross annual electricity demand forecast by fuzzy logic approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 2438-2445, May.
- Bozicevic Vrhovcak, Maja & Tomsic, Zeljko & Debrecin, Nenad, 2005. "External costs of electricity production: case study Croatia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(11), pages 1385-1395, July.
- Bar-Lev, Dan & Katz, Steven, 1976. "A Portfolio Approach to Fossil Fuel Procurement in the Electric Utility Industry," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 31(3), pages 933-947, June.
- Madlener, Reinhard & Kumbaroglu, Gurkan & Ediger, Volkan S., 2005.
"Modeling technology adoption as an irreversible investment under uncertainty: the case of the Turkish electricity supply industry,"
Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 139-163, January.
- Reinhard Madlener & Gürkan Kumbaroglu & Volkan S. Ediger, 2004. "Modeling Technology Adoption as an Irreversible Investment Under Uncertainty: The Case of the Turkish Electricity Supply Industry," CEPE Working paper series 04-30, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Dilaver, Zafer & Hunt, Lester C, 2011.
"Modelling and forecasting Turkish residential electricity demand,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3117-3127, June.
- Zafer Dilaver & Lester C Hunt, 2010. "Modelling and Forecasting Turkish Residential Electricity Demand," Surrey Energy Economics Centre (SEEC), School of Economics Discussion Papers (SEEDS) 131, Surrey Energy Economics Centre (SEEC), School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Shimon Awerbuch, 2006. "Portfolio-Based Electricity Generation Planning: Policy Implications For Renewables And Energy Security," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 693-710, May.
- Rachmatullah, C. & Aye, Lu & Fuller, R.J., 2007. "Scenario planning for the electricity generation in Indonesia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 2352-2359, April.
- Hondo, Hiroki, 2005. "Life cycle GHG emission analysis of power generation systems: Japanese case," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 30(11), pages 2042-2056.
- Mondal, Md. Alam Hossain & Boie, Wulf & Denich, Manfred, 2010. "Future demand scenarios of Bangladesh power sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 7416-7426, November.
- Gagnon, Luc & Belanger, Camille & Uchiyama, Yohji, 2002. "Life-cycle assessment of electricity generation options: The status of research in year 2001," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(14), pages 1267-1278, November.
- Owen, Anthony D., 2006. "Renewable energy: Externality costs as market barriers," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 632-642, March.
- Cai, Wenjia & Wang, Can & Wang, Ke & Zhang, Ying & Chen, Jining, 2007. "Scenario analysis on CO2 emissions reduction potential in China's electricity sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 6445-6456, December.
- Jaber, J. O. & Al-Sarkhi, A. & Akash, B. A. & Mohsen, M. S., 2004. "Medium-range planning economics of future electrical-power generation options," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 357-366, February.
- Juan-Carlos Ciscar & Antonio Soria & Clare M. Goodess & Ole B. Christensen & Ana Iglesias & Luis Garrote & Marta Moneo & Sonia Quiroga & Luc Feyen & Rutger Dankers & Robert Nicholls & Julie Richards &, 2009. "Climate change impacts in Europe. Final report of the PESETA research project," JRC Working Papers JRC55391, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Rafaj, Peter & Kypreos, Socrates, 2007. "Internalisation of external cost in the power generation sector: Analysis with Global Multi-regional MARKAL model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 828-843, February.
- Grover, R.B. & Chandra, Subhash, 2006. "Scenario for growth of electricity in India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 2834-2847, November.
- Krey, Volker & Martinsen, Dag & Wagner, Hermann-Josef, 2007. "Effects of stochastic energy prices on long-term energy-economic scenarios," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 2340-2349.
- Porat, Yigal & Irith, Rotlevi & Turvey, Ralph, 1997. "Long-run marginal electricity generation costs in Israel," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 401-411, March.
- Kumbaroglu, Gürkan & Madlener, Reinhard & Demirel, Mustafa, 2008.
"A real options evaluation model for the diffusion prospects of new renewable power generation technologies,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 1882-1908, July.
- Gürkan Kumbaroglu & Reinhard Madlener & Mustafa Demirel, 2004. "A Real Options Evaluation Model for the Diffusion Prospects of New Renewable Power Generation Technologies," CEPE Working paper series 04-35, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Simshauser, Paul & Doan, Thao & Lacey, Ben, 2007. "The Outlook for the Economic and Environmental Performance of Australia's National Electricity Market in 2030," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 58-75, July.
- Kudelko, Mariusz, 2006. "Internalisation of external costs in the Polish power generation sector: A partial equilibrium model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(18), pages 3409-3422, December.
- Gökçek, Murat & Genç, Mustafa Serdar, 2009. "Evaluation of electricity generation and energy cost of wind energy conversion systems (WECSs) in Central Turkey," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(12), pages 2731-2739, December.
- Atakhanova, Zauresh & Howie, Peter, 2007. "Electricity demand in Kazakhstan," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 3729-3743, July.
- Frankhauser, Samuel & Tol, Richard SJ, 1996. "Climate change costs : Recent advancements in the economic assessment," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(7), pages 665-673, July.
- Rentizelas, Athanasios A. & Tolis, Athanasios I. & Tatsiopoulos, Ilias P., 2012. "Investment planning in electricity production under CO2 price uncertainty," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 140(2), pages 622-629.
- Vithayasrichareon, Peerapat & MacGill, Iain F., 2012. "A Monte Carlo based decision-support tool for assessing generation portfolios in future carbon constrained electricity industries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 374-392.
- Weigt, Hannes, 2009.
"Germany's wind energy: The potential for fossil capacity replacement and cost saving,"
Elsevier, vol. 86(10), pages 1857-1863, October.
- Weigt, Hannes, 2008. "Germany’s Wind Energy: The Potential for Fossil Capacity Replacement and Cost Saving," MPRA Paper 65659, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kaldellis, J.K. & Zafirakis, D. & Kondili, E., 2010. "Energy pay-back period analysis of stand-alone photovoltaic systems," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 1444-1454.
- Turton, Hal, 2008. "ECLIPSE: An integrated energy-economy model for climate policy and scenario analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(12), pages 1754-1769.
- Lady, George M., 2010. "Evaluating long term forecasts," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 450-457, March.
- Roques, Fabien A. & Newbery, David M. & Nuttall, William J., 2008. "Fuel mix diversification incentives in liberalized electricity markets: A Mean-Variance Portfolio theory approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 1831-1849, July.
- Ali Akkemik, K., 2009. "Cost function estimates, scale economies and technological progress in the Turkish electricity generation sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 204-213, January.
- Liu, Tong & Xu, Gang & Cai, Peng & Tian, Longhu & Huang, Qili, 2011. "Development forecast of renewable energy power generation in China and its influence on the GHG control strategy of the country," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 1284-1292.
- Jing, You-Yin & Bai, He & Wang, Jiang-Jiang & Liu, Lei, 2012. "Life cycle assessment of a solar combined cooling heating and power system in different operation strategies," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 843-853.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Long, Rui & Li, Baode & Liu, Zhichun & Liu, Wei, 2015. "Multi-objective optimization of a continuous thermally regenerative electrochemical cycle for waste heat recovery," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 93(P1), pages 1022-1029.
- Chen, Hao & Tang, Bao-Jun & Liao, Hua & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2016.
"A multi-period power generation planning model incorporating the non-carbon external costs: A case study of China,"
Elsevier, vol. 183(C), pages 1333-1345.
- Hao Chen & Bao-Jun Tang & Hua Liao & Yi-Ming Wei, 2016. "A multi-period power generation planning model incorporating the non-carbon external costs: A case study of China," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 97, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Barteczko-Hibbert, Christian & Bonis, Ioannis & Binns, Michael & Theodoropoulos, Constantinos & Azapagic, Adisa, 2014. "A multi-period mixed-integer linear optimisation of future electricity supply considering life cycle costs and environmental impacts," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 133(C), pages 317-334.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:74:y:2017:i:c:p:51-70 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jeners:v:10:y:2017:i:8:p:1127-:d:106550 is not listed on IDEAS
- Burgherr, Peter & Hirschberg, Stefan, 2014. "Comparative risk assessment of severe accidents in the energy sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(S1), pages 45-56.
- Lingling Wang & Tsunemi Watanabe & Zhiwei Xu, 2015. "Monetization of External Costs Using Lifecycle Analysis—A Comparative Case Study of Coal-Fired and Biomass Power Plants in Northeast China," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(2), pages 1-28, February.
- repec:eee:appene:v:206:y:2017:i:c:p:519-530 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsElectricity generation mix; Life cycle assessment; Externalities;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:65:y:2014:i:c:p:134-149. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.