The end of cheap oil: Bottom-up economic and geologic modeling of aggregate oil production curves
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kuller, Robert G & Cummings, Ronald G, 1974. "An Economic Model of Production and Investment for Petroleum Reservoirs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(1), pages 66-79, March.
- Slade, Margaret E., 1982. "Trends in natural-resource commodity prices: An analysis of the time domain," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 122-137, June.
- Meng, Q.Y. & Bentley, R.W., 2008. "Global oil peaking: Responding to the case for ‘abundant supplies of oil’," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1179-1184.
- Roberto F. Aguilera & Roderick G. Eggert & Gustavo Lagos C.C. & John E. Tilton, 2009. "Depletion and the Future Availability of Petroleum Resources," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 141-174.
- Adelman, M A, 1990. "Mineral Depletion, with Special Reference to Petroleum," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(1), pages 1-10, February.
- Roger Bentley & Godfrey Boyle, 2008. "Global Oil Production: Forecasts and Methodologies," Environment and Planning B, , vol. 35(4), pages 609-626, August.
- Peter R. Odell, 2010. "The Long-Term Future for Energy Resources' Exploitation," Energy & Environment, , vol. 21(7), pages 785-802, November.
- James D. Hamilton, 2009. "Understanding Crude Oil Prices," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 179-206.
- Pindyck, Robert S, 1978. "The Optimal Exploration and Production of Nonrenewable Resources," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(5), pages 841-861, October.
- Stephen P. Holland, 2008. "Modeling Peak Oil," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 61-80.
- James W. McKie & Stephen L. McDonald, 1962. "Petroleum Conservation in Theory and Practice," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 76(1), pages 98-121.
- Watkins, G.C., 2006. "Oil scarcity: What have the past three decades revealed?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 508-514, March.
- Radetzki, Marian, 2010. "Peak Oil and other threatening peaks--Chimeras without substance," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 6566-6569, November.
- Brandt, Adam R., 2010. "Review of mathematical models of future oil supply: Historical overview and synthesizing critique," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 3958-3974.
- Brandt, Adam R., 2007. "Testing Hubbert," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 3074-3088, May.
- Aguilera, Roberto F., 2009. "Oil supply in Central and South America," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 2916-2925, August.
- Haugland, Dag & Hallefjord, Asa & Asheim, Harald, 1988. "Models for petroleum field exploitation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 58-72, October.
- Harold Hotelling, 1931. "The Economics of Exhaustible Resources," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 39, pages 137-137.
- Harry F. Campbell, 1980. "The Effect of Capital Intensity on the Optimal Rate of Extraction of a Mineral Deposit," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 13(2), pages 349-356, May.
- Sorrell, Steve & Miller, Richard & Bentley, Roger & Speirs, Jamie, 2010. "Oil futures: A comparison of global supply forecasts," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 4990-5003, September.
- Bentley, R. W., 2002. "Global oil & gas depletion: an overview," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 189-205, February.
- Robert D. Cairns and Graham A. Davis, 2001. "Adelman's Rule and the Petroleum Firm," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 31-54.
- Adelman, Morris Albert, 1986. "Scarcity and World Oil Prices," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(3), pages 387-397, August.
- Aguilera, Roberto F., 2010. "The future of the European natural gas market: A quantitative assessment," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 3332-3339.
- Bentley, R.W. & Mannan, S.A. & Wheeler, S.J., 2007. "Assessing the date of the global oil peak: The need to use 2P reserves," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 6364-6382, December.
- Robert D. Cairns, 2009. "Green Accounting for Black Gold," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 113-140.
- Adelman, M. A., 1991. "User cost in oil production," Resources and Energy, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 217-240, September.
- Roger Bentley & Godfrey Boyle, 2008. "Global oil production: forecasts and methodologies," Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 35(4), pages 609-626, July.
- Sorrell, Steve & Speirs, Jamie & Bentley, Roger & Brandt, Adam & Miller, Richard, 2010. "Global oil depletion: A review of the evidence," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 5290-5295, September.
- Lynch, Michael C., 2002. "Forecasting oil supply: theory and practice," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 373-389.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ugo Bardi & Virginia Pierini & Alessandro Lavacchi & Christophe Mangeant, 2014. "Peak Waste? The Other Side of the Industrial Cycle," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(7), pages 1-14, June.
- Sáfián, Fanni, 2014. "Modelling the Hungarian energy system – The first step towards sustainable energy planning," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 58-66.
- Sällh, David & Höök, Mikael & Grandell, Leena & Davidsson, Simon, 2014. "Evaluation and update of Norwegian and Danish oil production forecasts and implications for Swedish oil import," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 333-345.
- Nico Bauer & Ioanna Mouratiadou & Gunnar Luderer & Lavinia Baumstark & Robert J. Brecha & Ottmar Edenhofer & Elmar Kriegler, 2016. "Global fossil energy markets and climate change mitigation – an analysis with REMIND," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 136(1), pages 69-82, May.
- repec:gam:jeners:v:10:y:2017:i:11:p:1858-:d:118630 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ali Mirchi & Saeed Hadian & Kaveh Madani & Omid M. Rouhani & Azadeh M. Rouhani, 2012. " World Energy Balance Outlook and OPEC Production Capacity: Implications for Global Oil Security," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(8), pages 1-26, July.
- Robert J. Brecha, 2013. "Ten Reasons to Take Peak Oil Seriously," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(2), pages 1-31, February.
- Jakobsson, Kristofer & Söderbergh, Bengt & Snowden, Simon & Aleklett, Kjell, 2014. "Bottom-up modeling of oil production: A review of approaches," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 113-123.
- Berk, Istemi & Ediger, Volkan Ş., 2016. "Forecasting the coal production: Hubbert curve application on Turkey's lignite fields," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 193-203.
- Vikström, Hanna & Davidsson, Simon & Höök, Mikael, 2013. "Lithium availability and future production outlooks," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 252-266.
- repec:eee:appene:v:220:y:2018:i:c:p:138-153 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsPeak oil; Bottom-up modeling; Micro-foundations;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:41:y:2012:i:c:p:860-870. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.