Retailers' risk management and vertical arrangements in electricity markets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Anderson, Edward J. & Hu, Xinin & Winchester, Donald, 2007. "Forward contracts in electricity markets: The Australian experience," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 3089-3103, May.
- Shelanski, Howard A & Klein, Peter G, 1995. "Empirical Research in Transaction Cost Economics: A Review and Assessment," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(2), pages 335-361, October.
- Gehrig, Thomas, 1993. "Intermediation in Search Markets," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 2(1), pages 97-120, Spring.
- Benjamin Klein, 2000. "The Role of Incomplete Contracts in Self-Enforcing Relationships," Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 92(1), pages 67-80.
- Michael D. Whinston, 2003. "On the Transaction Cost Determinants of Vertical Integration," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 1-23, April.
- Joskow, Paul L, 1985.
"Vertical Integration and Long-term Contracts: The Case of Coal-burning Electric Generating Plants,"
Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization,
Oxford University Press, vol. 1(1), pages 33-80, Spring.
- Paul Joskow, 1984. "Vertical Integration and Long Term Contracts: The Case of Coal Burning Electric Generating Plants," Working papers 361, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/607 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hackett, Steven C., 1992. "A comparative analysis of merchant and broker intermediation," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 299-315, August.
- Kühn, Kai-Uwe & Machado, Matilde Pinto, 2004. "Bilateral Market Power and Vertical Integration in the Spanish Electricity Spot Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 4590, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ilya Segal & Michael D. Whinston, 2003.
"Robust Predictions for Bilateral Contracting with Externalities,"
Econometric Society, vol. 71(3), pages 757-791, May.
- Thomas, Steve, 2006. "The British Model in Britain: Failing slowly," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 583-600, March.
- Littlechild Stephen C., 2002. "Competition in Retail Electricity Supply," Journal des Economistes et des Etudes Humaines, De Gruyter, vol. 12(2), pages 1-26, June.
- Littlechild, S.C., 2000. "Why We Need Electricity Retailers: A Reply to Joskow on Wholesale Spot Price pass-through," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0008, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Klein, Benjamin & Crawford, Robert G & Alchian, Armen A, 1978. "Vertical Integration, Appropriable Rents, and the Competitive Contracting Process," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(2), pages 297-326, October.
- Helyette Geman, 2005. "Commodities and Commodity Derivatives. Modeling and Pricing for Agriculturals, Metals and Energy," Post-Print halshs-00144182, HAL. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nojavan, Sayyad & Zare, Kazem & Mohammadi-Ivatloo, Behnam, 2017. "Optimal stochastic energy management of retailer based on selling price determination under smart grid environment in the presence of demand response program," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 187(C), pages 449-464.
- Boroumand, Raphaël Homayoun & Goutte, Stéphane & Porcher, Simon & Porcher, Thomas, 2015.
"Hedging strategies in energy markets: The case of electricity retailers,"
Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 503-509.
- Boroumand, Raphaël Homayoun & Goutte, Stéphane & Porcher, Simon & Porcher, Thomas, 2015. "Hedging strategies in energy markets: the case of electricity retailers," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 82976, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Raphaël Homayoun Boroumand & Stéphane Goutte & Simon Porcher & Thomas Porcher, 2015. "Hedging strategies in energy markets: The case of electricity retailers," Post-Print halshs-01194750, HAL.
- Khojasteh, Meysam & Jadid, Shahram, 2015. "Decision-making framework for supplying electricity from distributed generation-owning retailers to price-sensitive customers," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 1-12.
- Fotouhi Ghazvini, Mohammad Ali & Faria, Pedro & Ramos, Sergio & Morais, Hugo & Vale, Zita, 2015. "Incentive-based demand response programs designed by asset-light retail electricity providers for the day-ahead market," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 786-799.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:67:y:2017:i:c:p:355-365 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:joreco:v:20:y:2013:i:2:p:225-233 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:taf:applec:v:49:y:2017:i:9:p:929-939 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zhi-Fu Mi & Yi-Ming Wei & Bao-Jun Tang & Rong-Gang Cong & Hao Yu & Hong Cao & Dabo Guan, 2017.
"Risk assessment of oil price from static and dynamic modelling approaches,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(9), pages 929-939, February.
- Zhi-Fu Mi & Yi-Ming Wei & Bao-Jun Tang & Rong-Gang Cong & Hao Yu & Hong Cao & Dabo Guan, 2017. "Risk assessment of oil price from static and dynamic modelling approaches," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 102, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Charwand, Mansour & Gitizadeh, Mohsen & Siano, Pierluigi, 2017. "A new active portfolio risk management for an electricity retailer based on a drawdown risk preference," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 387-398.
- Fotouhi Ghazvini, Mohammad Ali & Soares, João & Horta, Nuno & Neves, Rui & Castro, Rui & Vale, Zita, 2015. "A multi-objective model for scheduling of short-term incentive-based demand response programs offered by electricity retailers," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 151(C), pages 102-118.
- Boroumand, Raphaël Homayoun, 2015. "Electricity markets and oligopolistic behaviors: The impact of a multimarket structure," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 319-333.
More about this item
KeywordsElectricity; Retailer; Risk;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:40:y:2012:i:c:p:465-472. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.