Aiming low and achieving it: A long-term analysis of a renewable policy in Chile
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Inzunza, Andrés & Moreno, Rodrigo & Bernales, Alejandro & Rudnick, Hugh, 2016. "CVaR constrained planning of renewable generation with consideration of system inertial response, reserve services and demand participation," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 104-117.
- Siddiqui, Afzal S. & Tanaka, Makoto & Chen, Yihsu, 2016. "Are targets for renewable portfolio standards too low? The impact of market structure on energy policy," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 250(1), pages 328-341.
- Pineda, Salvador & Bock, Andreas, 2016. "Renewable-based generation expansion under a green certificate market," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 53-63.
- Wu, Jing & Botterud, Audun & Mills, Andrew & Zhou, Zhi & Hodge, Bri-Mathias & Heaney, Mike, 2015. "Integrating solar PV (photovoltaics) in utility system operations: Analytical framework and Arizona case study," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 1-9.
- Mozumder, Pallab & Marathe, Achla, 2004. "Gains from an integrated market for tradable renewable energy credits," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 259-272, July.
- Andres P. Perez, Enzo E. Sauma, Francisco D. Munoz, and Benjamin F. Hobbs, 2016. "The Economic Effects of Interregional Trading of Renewable Energy Certificates in the U.S. WECC," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4).
- Mozumder, Pallab & Vásquez, William F. & Marathe, Achla, 2011. "Consumers' preference for renewable energy in the southwest USA," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 1119-1126.
- Tanaka, Makoto & Chen, Yihsu, 2013. "Market power in renewable portfolio standards," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 187-196.
- Amundsen, Eirik S. & Mortensen, Jorgen Birk, 2001. "The Danish Green Certificate System: some simple analytical results," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 489-509, September.
- Anthony Papavasiliou & Shmuel S. Oren, 2013. "Multiarea Stochastic Unit Commitment for High Wind Penetration in a Transmission Constrained Network," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 61(3), pages 578-592, June.
- Claudio Agostini & Shahriyar Nasirov & Carlos Silva, 2015. "Investors perspectives on barriers to renewables deployment in Chile," Working Papers wp_044, Adolfo Ibáñez University, School of Government.
- Richard Green, 2005. "Electricity and Markets," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(1), pages 67-87, Spring.
- Yin, Haitao & Powers, Nicholas, 2010. "Do state renewable portfolio standards promote in-state renewable generation[glottal stop]," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 1140-1149, February.
- Thomas P. Lyon & Haitao Yin, 2010. "Why Do States Adopt Renewable Portfolio Standards?: An Empirical Investigation," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 133-158.
- Hirth, Lion & Ueckerdt, Falko & Edenhofer, Ottmar, 2015. "Integration costs revisited – An economic framework for wind and solar variability," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 925-939.
- Claudio Agostini & Cecilia Plottier & Eduardo Saavedra, 2009.
"La Demanda Residencial por Energía Eléctrica en Chile,"
ILADES-Georgetown University Working Papers
inv240, Ilades-Georgetown University, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Bussines.
- Claudio A Agostini & Cecilia Plottier & Eduardo Saavedra, 2011. "La Demanda Residencial por Energía Eléctrica en Chile," Working Papers wp_013, Adolfo Ibáñez University, School of Government.
- Amundsen, E.S. & Mortensen, J.B., 2001. "The Danish Green Certificate System: Some Simple Analytical Results," Norway; Department of Economics, University of Bergen 226, Department of Economics, University of Bergen.
- Shahriyar Nasirov & Carlos Silva & Claudio A. Agostini, 2015. "Investors’ Perspectives on Barriers to the Deployment of Renewable Energy Sources in Chile," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(5), pages 1-21, April.
- Carley, Sanya, 2009. "State renewable energy electricity policies: An empirical evaluation of effectiveness," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 3071-3081, August.
- Frederic H. Murphy & Yves Smeers, 2005. "Generation Capacity Expansion in Imperfectly Competitive Restructured Electricity Markets," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 53(4), pages 646-661, August.
- Nelson, James & Johnston, Josiah & Mileva, Ana & Fripp, Matthias & Hoffman, Ian & Petros-Good, Autumn & Blanco, Christian & Kammen, Daniel M., 2012. "High-resolution modeling of the western North American power system demonstrates low-cost and low-carbon futures," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 436-447.
- José Miguel Benavente & Alexander Galetovic & Ricardo Sanhueza & Pablo Serra, 2005. "Estimando la Demanda Residencial por Electricidad en Chile: El Consumo es Sensible al Precio," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 42(125), pages 31-61.
- Wiser, Ryan & Namovicz, Christopher & Gielecki, Mark & Smith, Robert, 2007. "The Experience with Renewable Portfolio Standards in the United States," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 8-20, May.
- Francisco Munoz & Enzo Sauma & Benjamin Hobbs, 2013. "Approximations in power transmission planning: implications for the cost and performance of renewable portfolio standards," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 43(3), pages 305-338, June.
- Carolyn Fischer, 2010. "Renewable Portfolio Standards: When Do They Lower Energy Prices?," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 101-120.
- Thomas P. Lyon, 2016. "Drivers and Impacts of Renewable Portfolio Standards," Annual Review of Resource Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 8(1), pages 141-155, October.
- Munoz, Francisco D. & van der Weijde, Adriaan Hendrik & Hobbs, Benjamin F. & Watson, Jean-Paul, 2017.
"Does risk aversion affect transmission and generation planning? A Western North America case study,"
Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 213-225.
- Munoz, F. D. & van der Weijde, A. H. & Hobbs, B. F. & Watson, J-P., 2016. "Does risk aversion affect transmission and generation planning? A Western North America case study," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1647, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Pineda, Salvador & Morales, Juan M. & Boomsma, Trine K., 2016. "Impact of forecast errors on expansion planning of power systems with a renewables target," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 248(3), pages 1113-1122.
- Zhou, Ying & Wang, Lizhi & McCalley, James D., 2011. "Designing effective and efficient incentive policies for renewable energy in generation expansion planning," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(6), pages 2201-2209, June.
- Arellano, M.S., 2003. "Diagnosing and Mitigating Market Power in Chile’s Electricity Industry," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0327, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Hirth, Lion, 2016. "The benefits of flexibility: The value of wind energy with hydropower," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 181(C), pages 210-223.
- Yihsu Chen & Lizhi Wang, 2013. "Renewable Portfolio Standards in the Presence of Green Consumers and Emissions Trading," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 149-181, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:114:y:2018:i:c:p:566-577 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:rensus:v:82:y:2018:i:p3:p:3288-3305 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsPlanning model; Renewable portfolio standard; Renewable energy certificates;
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - General
- D41 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Perfect Competition
- D47 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Market Design
- N76 - Economic History - - Economic History: Transport, International and Domestic Trade, Energy, and Other Services - - - Latin America; Caribbean
- Q4 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eneeco:v:65:y:2017:i:c:p:304-314. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.