Food prices and blood cholesterol
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Rahkovsky, Ilya & Gregory, Christian A., 2011. "Food Prices and Blood Cholesterol," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103566, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ishdorj, Ariun & Jensen, Helen H., 2008. "Bayesian Estimation of a Censored AIDS Model for Whole Grain Products," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6075, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- repec:ags:uersib:96654 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andreyeva, Tatiana & Kelly, Inas Rashad & Harris, Jennifer L., 2011.
"Exposure to food advertising on television: Associations with children's fast food and soft drink consumption and obesity,"
Economics & Human Biology,
Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 221-233, July.
- Tatiana Andreyeva & Inas Rashad Kelly & Jennifer L. Harris, 2011. "Exposure to Food Advertising On Television: Associations With Children's Fast Food and Soft Drink Consumption and Obesity," NBER Working Papers 16858, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lakdawalla, Darius & Philipson, Tomas, 2009. "The growth of obesity and technological change," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 283-293, December.
- Arnott, Richard & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1986.
"Moral hazard and optimal commodity taxation,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 1-24, February.
- Richard Arnott & Joseph Stiglitz, 1982. "Moral Hazard and Optimal Commodity Taxation," Working Paper 500, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- Richard J. Arnott & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1983. "Moral Hazard and Optimal Commodity Taxation," NBER Working Papers 1154, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Schroeter, Christiane & Lusk, Jayson & Tyner, Wallace, 2008. "Determining the impact of food price and income changes on body weight," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 45-68, January.
- Cawley, John, 2008.
"Contingent valuation analysis of willingness to pay to reduce childhood obesity,"
Economics & Human Biology,
Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 281-292, July.
- John Cawley, 2006. "Contingent Valuation Analysis of Willingness to Pay To Reduce Childhood Obesity," NBER Working Papers 12510, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christian, Thomas & Rashad, Inas, 2009. "Trends in U.S. food prices, 1950-2007," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 113-120, March.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2008.151415_8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Powell, Lisa M. & Bao, Yanjun, 2009. "Food prices, access to food outlets and child weight," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 64-72, March.
- Eugene Jones & Cuma Akbay & Brian Roe & Wen S. Chern, 2003. "Analyses of consumers' dietary behavior: An application of the AIDS model to supermarket scanner data," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(2), pages 203-221.
- Breitfelder, Ariane & Wenig, Christina M. & Wolfenstetter, Silke B. & Rzehak, Peter & Menn, Petra & John, Jürgen & Leidl, Reiner & Bauer, Carl Peter & Koletzko, Sibylle & Röder, Stefan & Herbarth, Olf, 2011. "Relative weight-related costs of healthcare use by children--Results from the two German birth cohorts, GINI-plus and LISA-plus," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 302-315, July.
- Chouinard, Hayley H & Davis, David E. & LaFrance, Jeffrey T. & Perloff, Jeffrey M, 2005. "The Effects of a Fat Tax on Dairy Products," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt60t1f3tn, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Chou, Shin-Yi & Grossman, Michael & Saffer, Henry, 2004.
"An economic analysis of adult obesity: results from the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 565-587, May.
- Shin-Yi Chou & Michael Grossman & Henry Saffer, 2002. "An Economic Analysis of Adult Obesity: Results from the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System," NBER Working Papers 9247, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fred Kuchler & Abebayehu Tegene & J. Michael Harris, 2005. "Taxing Snack Foods: Manipulating Diet Quality or Financing Information Programs?," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 27(1), pages 4-20.
- Huang, Kuo S. & Lin, Biing-Hwan, 2000. "Estimation of Food Demand Nutrient Elasticities from household Survey Data," Technical Bulletins 184370, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Huang, Kuo S. & Lin, Biing-Hwan, 2000. "Estimation Of Food Demand And Nutrient Elasticities From Household Survey Data," Technical Bulletins 33579, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Todd, Jessica E. & Mancino, Lisa & Leibtag, Ephraim S. & Tripodo, Christina, 2010. "Methodology Behind the Quarterly Food-at-Home Price Database," Technical Bulletins 97799, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Chouinard Hayley H & Davis David E & LaFrance Jeffrey T & Perloff Jeffrey M, 2007. "Fat Taxes: Big Money for Small Change," Forum for Health Economics & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 10(2), pages 1-30, June.
- Chad D. Meyerhoefer & Ephraim S. Leibtag, 2010. "A Spoonful of Sugar Helps the Medicine Go Down: the Relationship Between Food Prices and Medical Expenditures on Diabetes," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1271-1282.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nie, Peng & Li, Qing & Sousa-Poza, Alfonso, 2019. "In Search of China's Income-Health Gradient: A Biomarker-Based Analysis," IZA Discussion Papers 12165, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Gregory, Christian & Rahkovsky, Ilya & Anekwe, Tobenna D., 2014. "Consumers’ Use of Nutrition Information When Eating Out," Economic Information Bulletin 174796, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Lin, Biing-Hwan & Dong, Diansheng & Carlson, Andrea & Rahkovsky, Ilya, 2017. "Potential dietary outcomes of changing relative prices of healthy and less healthy foods: The case of ready-to-eat breakfast cereals," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 77-88.
- Davillas, A.; Jones, A.M.; Benzeval, M.;, 2017.
"The income-health gradient: Evidence from self-reported health and biomarkers using longitudinal data on income,"
Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers
17/04, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Davillas, Apostolos & Jones, Andrew M. & Benzeval, Michaela, 2017. "The income-health gradient: evidence from self-reported health and biomarkers using longitudinal data on income," ISER Working Paper Series 2017-03, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Wilson, Norbert L. W. & Zheng, Yuqing & Burney, Shaheer & Kaiser, Harry M., 2016.
"Do Grocery Food Sales Taxes Cause Food Insecurity?,"
2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts
235324, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Wilson, Norbert L. W. & Zheng, Yuqing & Burney, Shaheer & Kaiser, Harry, 2017. "Do Grocery (Food Sales) Taxes Cause Food Insecurity?," Working Paper series 290135, University of Connecticut, Charles J. Zwick Center for Food and Resource Policy.
- Capacci, Sara & Leucci, Anna Caterina & Mazzocchi, Mario, 2018. "There is no such thing as a (gluten-)free lunch: Higher food prices and the cost for coeliac consumers," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 84-91.
More about this item
KeywordsFood prices; Blood cholesterol; Cardiovascular disease; Food subsidy; Food tax;
- D04 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Microeconomic Policy: Formulation; Implementation; Evaluation
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- D62 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Externalities
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
- I19 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Other
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ehbiol:v:11:y:2013:i:1:p:95-107. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622964 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.