Analyses of consumers' dietary behavior: An application of the AIDS model to supermarket scanner data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Heien, Dale & Durham, Cathy, 1991. "A Test of the Habit Formation Hypothesis Using Household Data," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(2), pages 189-199, May.
- Eugene Jones & Barry W. Mustiful & Wen S. Chern, 1994. "Estimating demand elasticities for cereal products: A socioeconomic approach using scanner data," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(4), pages 325-339.
- Pollak, Robert A & Wales, Terence J, 1978. "Estimation of Complete Demand Systems from Household Budget Data: The Linear and Quadratic Expenditure Systems," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(3), pages 348-359, June.
- Blanciforti, Laura & Green, Richard, 1983. "An Almost Ideal Demand System Incorporating Habits: An Analysis of Expenditures on Food and Aggregate Commodity Groups," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 65(3), pages 511-515, August.
- Adolf Buse & Wing H Chan, 2000. "Invariance, price indices and estimation in almost ideal demand systems," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 519-539.
- Eugene Jones, 1997. "An Analysis of Consumer Food Shopping Behavior Using Supermarket Scanner Data: Differences by Income and Location," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(5), pages 1437-1443.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-326, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Reshmita Nath & Yibo Luan & Wangming Yang & Chen Yang & Wen Chen & Qian Li & Xuefeng Cui, 2015. "Changes in Arable Land Demand for Food in India and China: A Potential Threat to Food Security," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(5), pages 1-27, April.
- Rahkovsky, Ilya & Gregory, Christian A., 2013.
"Food prices and blood cholesterol,"
Economics & Human Biology,
Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 95-107.
- Rahkovsky, Ilya & Gregory, Christian A., 2011. "Food Prices and Blood Cholesterol," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103566, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Cao, Liâ€ Juan & Tian, Weiâ€ Ming & Wang, Jiâ€ Min & Malcolm, Bill & Liu, Hongâ€ Bo & Zhou, Zhangâ€ Yue, 2013. "Recent Food Consumption Trends in China and Trade," Australasian Agribusiness Review, University of Melbourne, Melbourne School of Land and Environment, vol. 21.
- Zhou, Zhang-Yue, 2003. "Feed versus Food: The Future Challenge and Balance for Farming," Conference Proceedings 2003 124016, Crawford Fund.
- Ishdorj, Ariun & Jensen, Helen H., 2008. "Bayesian Estimation of a Censored AIDS Model for Whole Grain Products," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6075, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Cuma Akbay & Gulgun Yildiz Tiryaki, 2008. "Unpacked and packed fluid milk consumption patterns and preferences in Turkey," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 38(1), pages 9-20, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:agribz:v:19:y:2003:i:2:p:203-221. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297 .