A survey of enterprise reforms in China: The way forward
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 31 (2007)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +49-(0)941-943 54 10
Fax: +49-(0)941-943 54 27
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/621171
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 1998.
"Corporate Ownership Around the World,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1840, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Enrico C. PEROTTI & Ernst-Ludwig VON THADDEN, 1998.
"Strategic Transparency and Informed Trading: Will Capital Market Integration Force Convergence of Corporate Governance ?,"
Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP)
9804, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP, revised Jul 2002.
- Perotti, Enrico C. & Von Thadden, Ernst-Ludwig, 2003. "Strategic Transparency and Informed Trading: Will Capital Market Integration Force Convergence of Corporate Governance?," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 38(01), pages 61-86, March.
- Paul McGuinness, 2001. "Ex-day effects for rights issues in Hong Kong," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(1), pages 5-7.
- Habib, Michel A. & Ljungqvist, Alexander P., 1998. "Underpricing and IPO proceeds: a note," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 381-383, December.
- Chien-Liang Chiu & Mingchih Lee & Chun-Da Chen, 2005. "Removal of an investment restriction: the 'B' share experience from China's stock markets," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(4), pages 273-285.
- Chen, Jian, 2001. " Ownership Structure as Corporate Governance Mechanism: Evidence from Chinese Listed Companies," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 34(1-2), pages 53-72.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996.
"A Survey of Corporate Governance,"
NBER Working Papers
5554, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1995. "A Survey of Corporate Governance," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1741, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Samuel Ho & Paul Bowles & Xiaoyuan Dong, 2003. "'Letting Go of the Small': An Analysis of the Privatisation of Rural Enterprises in Jiangsu and Shandong," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(4), pages 1-26.
- Paul A. Gompers & Andrew Metrick, .
"Institutional Investors and Equity Prices,"
Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers
20-99, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Jeffry M. Netter & William L. Megginson, 2001. "From State to Market: A Survey of Empirical Studies on Privatization," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(2), pages 321-389, June.
- Colin Mayer & Julian Franks, 2000.
"Ownership and Control of German Corporations,"
Economics Series Working Papers
2001-FE-11, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Gorton, Gary & Schmid, Frank A., 2000.
"Universal banking and the performance of German firms,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 58(1-2), pages 29-80.
- Gary Gorton & Frank A. Schmid, 1996. "Universal Banking and the Performance of German Firms," NBER Working Papers 5453, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mark Lehrer, 1997. "German Industrial Strategy in Turbulence: Corporate Governance and Managerial Hierarchies in Lufthansa," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(1), pages 115-140.
- Faff, Robert W. & Hodgson, Allan & Saudagaran, Shahrokh, 2002. "International cross-listings towards more liquid markets: the impact on domestic firms," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 12(4-5), pages 365-390.
- Xu, Xiaonian & Wang, Yan, 1999. "Ownership structure and corporate governance in Chinese stock companies," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 75-98.
- Albert Park & Minggao Shen, 2001.
"Joint Liability Lending and the Rise and Fall of China's Township and Village Enterprises,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
462, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Park, Albert & Shen, Minggao, 2003. "Joint liability lending and the rise and fall of China's township and village enterprises," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 497-531, August.
- Djankov, Simeon & Murrell, Peter, 2002.
"Enterprise Restructuring in Transition: A Quantitative Survey,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3319, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Simeon Djankov & Peter Murrell, 2002. "Enterprise Restructuring in Transition: A Quantitative Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 40(3), pages 739-792, September.
- Gul, Ferdinand A., 1999. "Government share ownership, investment opportunity set and corporate policy choices in China," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 157-172, May.
- Filatotchev, Igor & Wright, Mike & Uhlenbruck, Klaus & Tihanyi, Laszlo & Hoskisson, Robert E., 2003. "Governance, organizational capabilities, and restructuring in transition economies," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 331-347, November.
- Merton, Robert C., 1987.
"A simple model of capital market equilibrium with incomplete information,"
1869-87., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Merton, Robert C, 1987. " A Simple Model of Capital Market Equilibrium with Incomplete Information," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(3), pages 483-510, July.
- Jill Solomon & Aris Solomon & Chang-Young Park, 2002. "A Conceptual Framework for Corporate Governance Reform in South Korea," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(1), pages 29-46, 01.
- Claessens, Stijn & Djankov, Simeon & Lang, Larry H. P., 2000. "The separation of ownership and control in East Asian Corporations," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1-2), pages 81-112.
- Claessens, Stijn & Djankov, Simeon, 1999. "Enterprise performance and management turnover in the Czech Republic," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(4-6), pages 1115-1124, April.
- Wei, Zuobao & Varela, Oscar, 2003. "State equity ownership and firm market performance: evidence from China's newly privatized firms," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 65-82, May.
- Wei, Zuobao & Xie, Feixue & Zhang, Shaorong, 2005. "Ownership Structure and Firm Value in China's Privatized Firms: 1991–2001," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 40(01), pages 87-108, March.
- Gillan, Stuart L. & Starks, Laura T., 2000. "Corporate governance proposals and shareholder activism: the role of institutional investors," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 275-305, August.
- Shirai, Sayuri, 2004. "Testing the Three Roles of Equity Markets in Developing Countries: The Case of China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1467-1486, September.
- Qian Sun & Wilson H. S. Tong & Jing Tong, 2002. "How Does Government Ownership Affect Firm Performance? Evidence from China's Privatization Experience," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(1&2), pages 1-27.
- Christian Leuz, 2003. "Discussion of ADRs, Analysts, and Accuracy: Does Cross-Listing in the United States Improve a Firm's Information Environment and Increase Market Value?," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(2), pages 347-362, 05.
- Jayati Sarkar & Subrata Sarkar, 2000. "Large Shareholder Activism in Corporate Governance in Developing Countries: Evidence from India," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 1(3), pages 161-194.
- Chung, Richard & Firth, Michael & Kim, Jeong-Bon, 2002. "Institutional monitoring and opportunistic earnings management," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 29-48, January.
- Lin, Cyril, 2001. " Corporatisation and Corporate Governance in China's Economic Transition," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 34(1-2), pages 5-35.
- Paul McGuinness, 2001. "Ex-day effects for rights issues in Hong Kong," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(3), pages 210-210.
- Lubomir Lizal & Miroslav Singer & Jan Svejnar, 2001. "Enterprise Breakups And Performance During The Transition From Plan To Market," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 83(1), pages 92-99, February.
- Sun, Qian & Tong, Wilson H. S., 2003. "China share issue privatization: the extent of its success," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 183-222, November.
- Mark H. Lang & Karl V. Lins & Darius P. Miller, 2003. "ADRs, Analysts, and Accuracy: Does Cross Listing in the United States Improve a Firm's Information Environment and Increase Market Value?," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(2), pages 317-345, 05.
- Jeremy Edwards & Marcus Nibler, 2000. "Corporate governance in Germany: the role of banks and ownership concentration," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 15(31), pages 237-267, October.
- Martin Hovey & Larry Li & Tony Naughton, 2003. "The Relationship Between Valuation and Ownership of Listed Firms in China," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(2), pages 112-122, 04.
- Xiaozu Wang & Lixin Colin Xu & Tian Zhu, 2004. "State-owned enterprises going public "The case of China"," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 12(3), pages 467-487, 09.
- Lins, Karl V., 2003. "Equity Ownership and Firm Value in Emerging Markets," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 38(01), pages 159-184, March.
- On Kit Tam, 2000. "Models of Corporate Governance for Chinese Companies," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(1), pages 52-64, 01.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Wang, Changyun, 2005. "Ownership and operating performance of Chinese IPOs," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(7), pages 1835-1856, July.
- Kikeri, Sunita & Nellis, John & Shirley, Mary, 1994. "Privatization: Lessons from Market Economies," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 9(2), pages 241-72, July.
- Tan, Ruth S. K. & Chng, P. L. & Tong, Y. H., 2002. "Private placements and rights issues in Singapore," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 29-54, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecosys:v:31:y:2007:i:2:p:138-156. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.