Strategic Transparency and Informed Trading: Will Capital Market Integration Force Convergence of Corporate Governance?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Enrico C. PEROTTI & Ernst-Ludwig VON THADDEN, 1998. "Strategic Transparency and Informed Trading: Will Capital Market Integration Force Convergence of Corporate Governance ?," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) 9804, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP, revised Jul 2002.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dominguez, Kathryn M. E., 2003.
"The market microstructure of central bank intervention,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 25-45, January.
- Dominguez & K., 1997. "The Market Microstructure of Central Bank Intervention," Working Papers 412, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Kathryn M. Dominguez, 1999. "The Market Microstructure of Central Bank Intervention," NBER Working Papers 7337, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Melvin, Michael, 1994. "Bid--ask spreads and volatility in the foreign exchange market : An empirical analysis," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(3-4), pages 355-372, May.
- Melvin, Michael & Yin, Xixi, 2000.
"Public Information Arrival, Exchange Rate Volatility, and Quote Frequency,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(465), pages 644-661, July.
- Michael Melvin & Xixi Yin, "undated". "Public Information Arrival, Exchange Rate Volatility, and Quote Frequency," Working Papers 96/1, Arizona State University, Department of Economics.
- Zhou, Bin, 1996. "High-Frequency Data and Volatility in Foreign-Exchange Rates," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 14(1), pages 45-52, January.
- deB. Harris, Frederick H. & McInish, Thomas H. & Shoesmith, Gary L. & Wood, Robert A., 1995. "Cointegration, Error Correction, and Price Discovery on Informationally Linked Security Markets," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(04), pages 563-579, December.
- Copeland, Thomas E & Friedman, Daniel, 1987. " The Effect of Sequential Information Arrival on Asset Prices: An Experimental Study," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(3), pages 763-797, July.
- Garbade, Kenneth D & Silber, William L, 1979. "Dominant and Satellite Markets: A Study of Dually-Traded Securities," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 61(3), pages 455-460, August.
- Lyons, Richard K., 1995.
"Tests of microstructural hypotheses in the foreign exchange market,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 39(2-3), pages 321-351.
- Richard K. Lyons, 1993. "Tests of Microstructural Hypotheses in the Foreign Exchange Market," NBER Working Papers 4471, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard K. Lyons., 1993. "Tests of Microstructural Hypotheses in the Foreign Exchange Market," Research Program in Finance Working Papers RPF-230, University of California at Berkeley.
- Li, Hongyi & Maddala, G. S., 1997.
"Bootstrapping cointegrating regressions,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 297-318, October.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to demonstrate bootstrapping with cointegration," Statistical Software Components RTZ00021, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Wang, Jian-Xin, 2001. "Quote revision and information flow among foreign exchange dealers," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 115-136, June.
- Hasbrouck, Joel, 1991. "The Summary Informativeness of Stock Trades: An Econometric Analysis," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(3), pages 571-595.
- de Jong, F. & Mahieu, R. & Schotman, P. & Leeuwen, I., 1999. "Price Discovery on Foreign Exchange Markets with Differentially Informed Traders," Papers 99-56, Southern California - School of Business Administration.
- Naranjo, Andy & Nimalendran, M, 2000. "Government Intervention and Adverse Selection Costs in Foreign Exchange Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 13(2), pages 453-477.
- Gençay, Ramazan & Dacorogna, Michel & Muller, Ulrich A. & Pictet, Olivier & Olsen, Richard, 2001. "An Introduction to High-Frequency Finance," Elsevier Monographs, Elsevier, edition 1, number 9780122796715.
- Lyons, Richard K., 1997. "A simultaneous trade model of the foreign exchange hot potato," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3-4), pages 275-298, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hovey, Martin & Naughton, Tony, 2007. "A survey of enterprise reforms in China: The way forward," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 138-156, June.
- Andres Almazan & Javier Suarez & Sheridan Titman, 2003. "Stakeholder, Transparency and Capital Structure," NBER Working Papers 10101, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hakkon Kim & Kwangwoo Park & Doojin Ryu, 2017. "Corporate Environmental Responsibility: A Legal Origins Perspective," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 140(3), pages 381-402, February.
- Ratnovski, Lev, 2013.
"Liquidity and transparency in bank risk management,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 422-439.
- Lev Ratnovski, 2013. "Liquidity and Transparency in Bank Risk Management," IMF Working Papers 13/16, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:nbr:nberch:3051 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chizema, Amon & Buck, Trevor, 2006. "Neo-institutional theory and institutional change: Towards empirical tests on the "Americanization" of German executive pay," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 488-504, October.
- Jiang, Li & Kim, Jeong-Bon & Pang, Lei, 2013. "Insiders’ incentives for asymmetric disclosure and firm-specific information flows," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 3562-3576.
- Ke Tang & Changyun Wang, 2011.
"Corporate Governance and Firm Liquidity: Evidence from the Chinese Stock Market,"
Emerging Markets Finance and Trade,
M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 47(0), pages 47-60, January.
- Ke Tang & Changyun Wang, 2011. "Corporate Governance and Firm Liquidity: Evidence from the Chinese Stock Market," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(0), pages 47-60, January.
- Andres Almazan & Javier Suarez & Sheridan Titman, 2009.
"Firms' Stakeholders and the Costs of Transparency,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(3), pages 871-900, September.
- Enrico C. Perotti & Ernst-Ludwig von Thadden, 2004. "The Political Economy of Dominant Investors," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 04-091/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Istaitieh, Abdulaziz & Rodriguez-Fernandez, Jose M., 2006. "Factor-product markets and firm's capital structure: A literature review," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 49-75.
- Enrico Perotti & Ernst-Ludwig von Thadden, 2005. "The Political Economy of Corporate Control," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 05-102/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Christopher F Baum & Mustafa Caglayan & Neslihan Ozkan, 2004.
"The second moments matter: The response of bank lending behavior to macroeconomic uncertainty,"
Computing in Economics and Finance 2004
172, Society for Computational Economics.
- Christopher F Baum & Mustafa Caglayan & Neslihan Ozkan, 2005. "The second moments matter: The response of bank lending behaviour to macroeconomic uncertainty," Working Papers 2005_27, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Christopher F. Baum & Mustafa Caglayan & Neslihan Ozkan, 2004. "The second moments matter: The response of bank lending behavior to macroeconomic uncertainty," Discussion Papers in Economics 04/13, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Her-Jiun Sheu & Huimin Chung & Chih-Liang Liu, 2010. "Comprehensive Disclosure of Compensation and Firm Value: The Case of Policy Reforms in an Emerging Market," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(9-10), pages 1115-1144, November/.
- Jiang, Li & Kim, Jeong-Bon & Pang, Lei, 2011. "Control-ownership wedge and investment sensitivity to stock price," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 2856-2867, November.
- Udayasankar, Krishna & Das, Shobha & Krishnamurti, Chandrasekhar, 2008.
"When is Two Really Company? The Effects of Competition and Regulation on Corporate Governance,"
Working Paper Series
4020, Victoria University of Wellington, The New Zealand Institute for the Study of Competition and Regulation.
More about this item
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- L21 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Business Objectives of the Firm
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:jfinqa:v:38:y:2003:i:01:p:61-86_00. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JFQ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.