Estimating the differencing parameter via the partial autocorrelation function
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Terence Tai-Leung, Chong, 1998. "Estimating the Differencing Parameter Via the Partial Autocorrelation Function," Departmental Working Papers _088, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Diebold, Francis X & Husted, Steven & Rush, Mark, 1991.
"Real Exchange Rates under the Gold Standard,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(6), pages 1252-1271, December.
- Francis X. Diebold & Steven Husted & Mark Rush, 1990. "Real exchange rates under the gold standard," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 32, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Sowell, Fallaw, 1992. "Maximum likelihood estimation of stationary univariate fractionally integrated time series models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1-3), pages 165-188.
- Hassler, Uwe & Wolters, Jurgen, 1995. "Long Memory in Inflation Rates: International Evidence," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 13(1), pages 37-45, January.
- David K. Backus & Stanley E. Zin, 1993.
"Long-memory inflation uncertainty: evidence from the term structure of interest rates,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 681-708.
- Backus, David K & Zin, Stanley E, 1993. "Long-Memory Inflation Uncertainty: Evidence from the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 25(3), pages 681-700, August.
- David K. Backus & Stanley E. Zin, 1993. "Long-memory Inflation Uncertainty: Evidence from the Term Structure of Interest Rates," NBER Technical Working Papers 0133, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David K. Backus, 1993. "Long-Memory Inflation Uncertainty: Evidence from the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Working Papers 93-04, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Diebold, Francis X. & Rudebusch, Glenn D., 1989. "Long memory and persistence in aggregate output," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 189-209, September.
- Ding, Zhuanxin & Granger, Clive W. J. & Engle, Robert F., 1993. "A long memory property of stock market returns and a new model," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 83-106, June.
- Sowell, Fallaw, 1992. "Modeling long-run behavior with the fractional ARIMA model," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 277-302, April.
- Baillie, Richard T., 1996. "Long memory processes and fractional integration in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 5-59, July.
- Chung, Ching-Fan & Baillie, Richard T, 1993. "Small Sample Bias in Conditional Sum-of-Squares Estimators of Fractionally Integrated ARMA Models," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 18(4), pages 791-806.
- Baillie, Richard T & Bollerslev, Tim, 1994.
" Cointegration, Fractional Cointegration, and Exchange Rate Dynamics,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 49(2), pages 737-745, June.
- Baillie, R.T. & Bollerslev, T., 1993. "Cointegration, Fractional Cointegration, and Exchange RAte Dynamics," Papers 9103, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Lo, Andrew W, 1991.
"Long-Term Memory in Stock Market Prices,"
Econometric Society, vol. 59(5), pages 1279-1313, September.
- Andrew W. Lo, 1989. "Long-term Memory in Stock Market Prices," NBER Working Papers 2984, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lo, Andrew W. (Andrew Wen-Chuan), 1989. "Long-term memory in stock market prices," Working papers 3014-89., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RSSTATISTIC: RATS procedure to compute R/S Statistic (classical or Lo's modified)," Statistical Software Components RTS00191, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Crato, Nuno & Rothman, Philip, 1994. "Fractional integration analysis of long-run behavior for US macroeconomic time series," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 287-291.
- Tieslau, Margie A. & Schmidt, Peter & Baillie, Richard T., 1996. "A minimum distance estimator for long-memory processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1-2), pages 249-264.
- Shea, Gary S, 1991. "Uncertainty and Implied Variance Bounds in Long-Memory Models of the Interest Rate Term Structure," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 287-312.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Terence Tai-Leung Chong & Qing He & Wing Hong Chan, 2016. "From Fixed to Float: A Competing Risks Analysis," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(4), pages 488-503, October.
- Chong, Terence Tai-leung & Wong, Kwan-to, 2001.
"Time series properties of aggregated AR(2) processes,"
Elsevier, vol. 73(3), pages 325-332, December.
- Terence Tai-leung Chong & Kwan-to Wong, 2000. "Time Series Properties of Aggregated AR(2) Processes," Departmental Working Papers _130, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Department of Economics.
- Aaron D. Smallwood & Paul M. Beaumont, 2002. "An Asymptotic MLE Approach to Modelling Multiple Frequency GARMA Models," Computing in Economics and Finance 2002 285, Society for Computational Economics.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2007:i:2:p:1-10 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jeners:v:10:y:2017:i:10:p:1525-:d:114249 is not listed on IDEAS
- Terence Tai-Leung Chong & Guoxin Liu & Isabel Kit-Ming Yan, 2007. "Habit Formation: Deep and Uncertain," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(2), pages 1-10.
- Terence Tai-Leung Chong & Chi-Leung Wong & Venus Liew, 2006. "Estimation of the Autoregressive Order in the Presence of Measurement Errors," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(12), pages 1-10.
- Chong Terence T. L. & He Qing & Hinich Melvin J, 2008. "The Nonlinear Dynamics of Foreign Reserves and Currency Crises," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 12(4), pages 1-18, December.
- Inoue, Akihiko & Kasahara, Yukio, 2004. "Partial autocorrelation functions of the fractional ARIMA processes with negative degree of differencing," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 135-147, April.
- Chong, Terence Tai Leung & Lu, Chenxi & Chan, Wing H., 2016. "Long Range Dependence and Structural Breaks in the Gold Markets," MPRA Paper 80553, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Terence Tai-Leung Chong, 2007. "Estimating the Fractionally Integrated Model with a Break in the Differencing Parameter," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(67), pages 1-10.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2007:i:67:p:1-10 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2006:i:12:p:1-10 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:97:y:2000:i:2:p:365-381. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.