Detecting shocks: Outliers and breaks in time series
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:cep:stiecm:/1992/241 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gersch, Will & Kitagawa, Genshiro, 1983. "The Prediction of Time Series with Trends and Seasonalities," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 1(3), pages 253-264, July.
- Pena, Daniel, 1990. "Influential Observations in Time Series," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 8(2), pages 235-241, April.
- Rappoport, Peter & Reichlin, Lucrezia, 1989. "Segmented Trends and Non-stationary Time Series," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(395), pages 168-177, Supplemen.
- Harvey, Andrew C & Koopman, Siem Jan, 1992. "Diagnostic Checking of Unobserved-Components Time Series Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 10(4), pages 377-389, October.
- H. Theil & S. Wage, 1964. "Some Observations on Adaptive Forecasting," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 10(2), pages 198-206, January.
- Shephard, Neil, 1993. "Distribution of the ML Estimator of an MA(1) and a local level model," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(03), pages 377-401, June.
- Andrew Harvey & Esther Ruiz & Neil Shephard, 1994. "Multivariate Stochastic Variance Models," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 61(2), pages 247-264.
- Andrew Harvey (ed.), 1994. "Time Series," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, volume 0, number 599, April.
- Perron, Pierre, 1989.
"The Great Crash, the Oil Price Shock, and the Unit Root Hypothesis,"
Econometric Society, vol. 57(6), pages 1361-1401, November.
- Perron, P, 1988. "The Great Crash, The Oil Price Shock And The Unit Root Hypothesis," Papers 338, Princeton, Department of Economics - Econometric Research Program.
- Balke, Nathan S, 1993. "Detecting Level Shifts in Time Series," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 11(1), pages 81-92, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pelagatti, Matteo M., 2011. "State Space Methods in Ox/SsfPack," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 41(i03).
- Ooms, M. & Franses, Ph.H.B.F., 1998. "A seasonal periodic long memory model for monthly river flows," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 9842, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Suncica Vujic & Jacques Commandeur & Siem Jan Koopman, 2012. "Structural Intervention Time Series Analysis of Crime Rates: The Impact of Sentence Reform in Virginia," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 12-007/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Pavel Cizek & Wolfgang Härdle, 2006. "Robust Econometrics," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2006-050, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Marczak, Martyna & Proietti, Tommaso, 2016.
"Outlier detection in structural time series models: The indicator saturation approach,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, pages 180-202.
- Martyna Marczak & Tommaso Proietti, 2014. "Outlier Detection in Structural Time Series Models: the Indicator Saturation Approach," CREATES Research Papers 2014-20, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Marczak, Martyna & Proietti, Tommaso, 2015. "Outlier Detection in Structural Time Series Models: the Indicator Saturation Approach," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 113137, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Marczak, Martyna & Proietti, Tommaso, 2014. "Outlier detection in structural time series models: The indicator saturation approach," FZID Discussion Papers 90-2014, University of Hohenheim, Center for Research on Innovation and Services (FZID).
- Martyna Marczak & Tommaso Proietti, 2014. "Outlier Detection in Structural Time Series Models: the Indicator Saturation Approach," CEIS Research Paper 325, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 08 Aug 2014.
- Jianqing Fan & Yuan Ke & Yuan Liao, 2016. "Robust Factor Models with Explanatory Proxies," Papers 1603.07041, arXiv.org.
- Amélie Charles & Olivier Darné & Laurent Ferrara, 2014.
"Does the Great Recession imply the end of the Great Moderation? International evidence,"
- Laurent Ferrara & Olivier Darné & Amélie Charles, 2017. "Does the Great Recession imply the end of the Great Moderation? International evidence," Post-Print hal-01635945, HAL.
- Amélie Charles & Olivier Darné & Laurent Ferrara, 2014. "Does the Great Recession imply the end of the Great Moderation? International evidence," EconomiX Working Papers 2014-21, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Kapetanios, G. & Tzavalis, E., 2010. "Modeling structural breaks in economic relationships using large shocks," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 417-436, March.
- Vujić Sunčica & Koopman Siem Jan & Commandeur J.F., 2012. "Economic Trends and Cycles in Crime: A Study for England and Wales," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 232(6), pages 652-677, December.
- Vujić, Sunčica & Commandeur, Jacques J.F. & Koopman, Siem Jan, 2016. "Intervention time series analysis of crime rates: The case of sentence reform in Virginia," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 311-323.
- Manuel Salvador & Pilar Gargallo, 2003. "Automatic selective intervention in dynamic linear models," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(10), pages 1161-1184.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:80:y:1997:i:2:p:387-422. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.