Functional data analysis of the dynamics of the monthly index of nondurable goods production
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Harvey, Andrew & Scott, Andrew, 1994. "Seasonality in Dynamic Regression Models," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(427), pages 1324-1345, November.
- J. Joseph Beaulieu & Jeffrey K. MacKie-Mason & Jeffrey A. Miron, 1992. "Why Do Countries and Industries with Large Seasonal Cycles Also Have Large Business Cycles?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(2), pages 621-656.
- Canova, Fabio & Ghysels, Eric, 1994.
"Changes in seasonal patterns : Are they cyclical?,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 1143-1171, November.
- Canova, F. & Ghysels, E., 1992. "Changes in Seasonal Patters: Are They Cyclical," Cahiers de recherche 9216, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Canova, F. & Ghysels, E., 1992. "Changes in Seasonal Patters: Are They Cyclical," Cahiers de recherche 9216, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Ramsey, James B. & Lian, Cheng-Ping, 1993. "An exploratory analysis of the growth rates of economic and financial data," Ricerche Economiche, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 31-64, March.
- Ghysels, Eric, 1994. "On the Periodic Structure of the Business Cycle," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 12(3), pages 289-298, July.
- Ramsey, James B & Rothman, Philip, 1996. "Time Irreversibility and Business Cycle Asymmetry," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(1), pages 1-21, February.
- Ramsey, James B. & Keenan, Sean, 1996. "Multi-country tests for the oscillator model with slowly varying coefficients," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 383-408, September.
- Harvey, A C & Jaeger, A, 1993. "Detrending, Stylized Facts and the Business Cycle," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(3), pages 231-247, July-Sept.
- Patricia M. Anderson, 1993. "Linear Adjustment Costs and Seasonal Labor Demand: Evidence from Retail Trade Firms," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(4), pages 1015-1042.
- Barsky, Robert B & Miron, Jeffrey A, 1989. "The Seasonal Cycle and the Business Cycle," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(3), pages 503-534, June.
- Jaeger, Albert & Kunst, Robert M, 1990. "Seasonal Adjustment and Measuring Persistence in Output," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 5(1), pages 47-58, January-M.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ramsey, James B. & Gallegati, Marco & Gallegati, Mauro & Semmler, Willi, 2010. "Instrumental variables and wavelet decompositions," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 1498-1513, November.
- Christian Genest & Johanna G. Nešlehová, 2014. "A Conversation with James O. Ramsay," International Statistical Review, International Statistical Institute, vol. 82(2), pages 161-183, August.
- Rob J. Hyndman & Han Lin Shang, 2008. "Rainbow plots, Bagplots and Boxplots for Functional Data," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 9/08, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Anthony S. Tay, 2006. "Mixing Frequencies : Stock Returns as a Predictor of Real Output Growth," Macroeconomics Working Papers 22480, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Laukaitis, Algirdas, 2008. "Functional data analysis for cash flow and transactions intensity continuous-time prediction using Hilbert-valued autoregressive processes," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 185(3), pages 1607-1614, March.
- Ramsey, J.B., 2002. "Wavelets in Economics and Finance: Past and Future," Working Papers 02-02, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Zafar, Raja Fawad & Qayyum, Abdul & Ghouri, Saghir Pervaiz, 2015. "Forecasting Inflation using Functional Time Series Analysis," MPRA Paper 67208, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Anthony S. Tay, 2007. "Financial Variables as Predictors of Real Output Growth," Development Economics Working Papers 22482, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- repec:spr:waterr:v:32:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11269-017-1803-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Poskitt, D.S. & Sengarapillai, Arivalzahan, 2013.
"Description length and dimensionality reduction in functional data analysis,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 98-113.
- D. S. Poskitt & Arivalzahan Sengarapillai, 2009. "Description Length and Dimensionality Reduction in Functional Data Analysis," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 13/09, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Yao, Fang, 2007. "Asymptotic distributions of nonparametric regression estimators for longitudinal or functional data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 40-56, January.
- Ramsey James B., 2002. "Wavelets in Economics and Finance: Past and Future," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 6(3), pages 1-29, November.
- Beran, Jan & Liu, Haiyan, 2016. "Estimation of eigenvalues, eigenvectors and scores in FDA models with dependent errors," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 147(C), pages 218-233.
- Laukaitis, Algirdas & Rackauskas, Alfredas, 2005. "Functional data analysis for clients segmentation tasks," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 163(1), pages 210-216, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:107:y:2002:i:1-2:p:327-344. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.