Rainbow plots, Bagplots and Boxplots for Functional Data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Struyf, Anja & Rousseeuw, Peter J., 2000. "High-dimensional computation of the deepest location," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 415-426, October.
- Becker, Claudia & Gather, Ursula, 2001. "The largest nonidentifiable outlier: a comparison of multivariate simultaneous outlier identification rules," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 119-127, March.
- Hyde, Valerie & Jank, Wolfgang & Shmueli, Galit, 2006. "Investigating Concurrency in Online Auctions Through Visualization," The American Statistician, American Statistical Association, vol. 60, pages 241-250, August.
- Manuel Febrero & Pedro Galeano & Wenceslao González-Manteiga, 2007. "A functional analysis of NOx levels: location and scale estimation and outlier detection," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 22(3), pages 411-427, September.
- Filzmoser, Peter & Maronna, Ricardo & Werner, Mark, 2008. "Outlier identification in high dimensions," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 1694-1711, January.
- Ramsay, James O. & Ramsey, James B., 2002. "Functional data analysis of the dynamics of the monthly index of nondurable goods production," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 107(1-2), pages 327-344, March.
- Kargin, V. & Onatski, A., 2008. "Curve forecasting by functional autoregression," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 99(10), pages 2508-2526, November.
- Tarn Duong & Martin L. Hazelton, 2005. "Cross-validation Bandwidth Matrices for Multivariate Kernel Density Estimation," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 32(3), pages 485-506.
- Reiss, Philip T. & Ogden, R. Todd, 2007. "Functional Principal Component Regression and Functional Partial Least Squares," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 102, pages 984-996, September.
- Hyndman, Rob J. & Shahid Ullah, Md., 2007.
"Robust forecasting of mortality and fertility rates: A functional data approach,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 51(10), pages 4942-4956, June.
- Rob J. Hyndman & Md. Shahid Ullah, 2005. "Robust forecasting of mortality and fertility rates: a functional data approach," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 2/05, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Croux, Christophe & Ruiz-Gazen, Anne, 2005. "High breakdown estimators for principal components: the projection-pursuit approach revisited," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 206-226, July.
- López Pintado, Sara & Romo, Juan, 2006. "On the concept of depth for functional data," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS ws063012, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mia Hubert & Peter Rousseeuw & Pieter Segaert, 2015. "Multivariate functional outlier detection," Statistical Methods & Applications, Springer;Società Italiana di Statistica, vol. 24(2), pages 177-202, July.
- Rob Hyndman & Heather Booth & Farah Yasmeen, 2013.
"Coherent Mortality Forecasting: The Product-Ratio Method With Functional Time Series Models,"
Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 50(1), pages 261-283, February.
- Rob J Hyndman & Heather Booth & Farah Yasmeen, 2011. "Coherent mortality forecasting: the product-ratio method with functional time series models," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 1/11, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Rob J Hyndman & Heather Booth & Farah Yasmeen, 2011. "Coherent Mortality Forecasting The Product-ratio Method with Functional Time Series Models," Working Papers 201116, ARC Centre of Excellence in Population Ageing Research (CEPAR), Australian School of Business, University of New South Wales.
- Zafar, Raja Fawad & Qayyum, Abdul & Ghouri, Saghir Pervaiz, 2015. "Forecasting Inflation using Functional Time Series Analysis," MPRA Paper 67208, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Montes, Francisco & Sala, Ramón, 2012. "Equilibrio competitivo en Liga española de futbol de Primera División: Un test de Montecarlo basado en datos funcionales/Competitive Balance in the First Division Spanish Soccer League: A Montecarlo T," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 30, pages 513-526, Agosto.
- Yuan Gao & Han Lin Shang, 2017. "Multivariate Functional Time Series Forecasting: Application to Age-Specific Mortality Rates," Risks, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(2), pages 1-18, March.
- Yuan Yan & Marc Genton, 2015. "Discussion of “Multivariate functional outlier detection” by Mia Hubert, Peter Rousseeuw and Pieter Segaert," Statistical Methods & Applications, Springer;Società Italiana di Statistica, vol. 24(2), pages 245-251, July.
- Han Shang, 2014.
"A survey of functional principal component analysis,"
AStA Advances in Statistical Analysis,
Springer;German Statistical Society, vol. 98(2), pages 121-142, April.
- Han Lin Shang, 2011. "A survey of functional principal component analysis," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 6/11, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Farah Yasmeen & Rob J Hyndman & Bircan Erbas, 2010. "Forecasting age-related changes in breast cancer mortality among white and black US women: A functional approach," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 9/10, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
More about this item
KeywordsHighest density regions; Robust principal component analysis; Kernel density estimation; Outlier detection; Tukey's halfspace depth;
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C80 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:msh:ebswps:2008-9. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dr Xibin Zhang) or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dxmonau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.