Functional clustering and linear regression for peak load forecasting
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dotzauer, Erik, 2002. "Simple model for prediction of loads in district-heating systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 73(3-4), pages 277-284, November.
- C. Abraham & P. A. Cornillon & E. Matzner-Løber & N. Molinari, 2003. "Unsupervised Curve Clustering using B-Splines," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 30(3), pages 581-595.
- Dordonnat, V. & Koopman, S.J. & Ooms, M. & Dessertaine, A. & Collet, J., 2008.
"An hourly periodic state space model for modelling French national electricity load,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 566-587.
- V. Dordonnat & S.J. Koopman & M. Ooms & A. Dessertaine & J. Collet, 2008. "An Hourly Periodic State Space Model for Modelling French National Electricity Load," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 08-008/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Alves da Silva, Alexandre P. & Ferreira, Vitor H. & Velasquez, Roberto M.G., 2008. "Input space to neural network based load forecasters," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 616-629.
- Kargin, V. & Onatski, A., 2008. "Curve forecasting by functional autoregression," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 99(10), pages 2508-2526, November.
- Rob J Hyndman & Shu Fan, 2008. "Density forecasting for long-term peak electricity demand," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 6/08, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Cardot, Hervé & Ferraty, Frédéric & Sarda, Pascal, 1999. "Functional linear model," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 11-22, October.
- Ashish Sood & Gareth M. James & Gerard J. Tellis, 2009. "Functional Regression: A New Model for Predicting Market Penetration of New Products," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(1), pages 36-51, 01-02.
- Rafal Weron, 2006. "Modeling and Forecasting Electricity Loads and Prices: A Statistical Approach," HSC Books, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology, number hsbook0601.
- Hyndman, Rob J. & Shahid Ullah, Md., 2007.
"Robust forecasting of mortality and fertility rates: A functional data approach,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 51(10), pages 4942-4956, June.
- Rob J. Hyndman & Md. Shahid Ullah, 2005. "Robust forecasting of mortality and fertility rates: a functional data approach," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 2/05, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Hyndman, Rob J. & Booth, Heather, 2008.
"Stochastic population forecasts using functional data models for mortality, fertility and migration,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 323-342.
- Rob J Hyndman & Heather Booth, 2006. "Stochastic population forecasts using functional data models for mortality, fertility and migration," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 14/06, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Gareth M. James & Trevor J. Hastie, 2001. "Functional linear discriminant analysis for irregularly sampled curves," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 63(3), pages 533-550.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mohamed Chaouch & Naâmane Laïb & Djamal Louani, 2017. "Rate of uniform consistency for a class of mode regression on functional stationary ergodic data," Statistical Methods & Applications, Springer;Società Italiana di Statistica, vol. 26(1), pages 19-47, March.
- Kim, Taegu & Hong, Jungsik & Kang, Pilsung, 2015. "Box office forecasting using machine learning algorithms based on SNS data," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 364-390.
- repec:eee:energy:v:144:y:2018:i:c:p:694-706 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hu, Zhongyi & Bao, Yukun & Chiong, Raymond & Xiong, Tao, 2015. "Mid-term interval load forecasting using multi-output support vector regression with a memetic algorithm for feature selection," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 419-431.
- repec:taf:jnlasa:v:112:y:2017:i:517:p:127-136 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wang, Chi-hsiang & Grozev, George & Seo, Seongwon, 2012. "Decomposition and statistical analysis for regional electricity demand forecasting," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 313-325.
- Brenda López Cabrera & Franziska Schulz, 2017.
"Forecasting Generalized Quantiles of Electricity Demand: A Functional Data Approach,"
Journal of the American Statistical Association,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 112(517), pages 127-136, January.
- Brenda Lopez Cabrera & Franziska Schulz, 2014. "Forecasting Generalized Quantiles of Electricity Demand: A Functional Data Approach," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2014-030, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Bongiorno, Enea G. & Goia, Aldo, 2016. "Classification methods for Hilbert data based on surrogate density," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 204-222.
- repec:sbe:breart:v:37:y:2017:i:2:a:62293 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wang, Jianjun & Li, Li & Niu, Dongxiao & Tan, Zhongfu, 2012. "An annual load forecasting model based on support vector regression with differential evolution algorithm," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 65-70.
- Feng, Yonghan & Ryan, Sarah M., 2016. "Day-ahead hourly electricity load modeling by functional regression," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 170(C), pages 455-465.
- Brenda López Cabrera & Franziska Schulz, 2016. "Time-Adaptive Probabilistic Forecasts of Electricity Spot Prices with Application to Risk Management," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2016-035, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Vaghefi, A. & Jafari, M.A. & Bisse, Emmanuel & Lu, Y. & Brouwer, J., 2014. "Modeling and forecasting of cooling and electricity load demand," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 186-196.
- Xiao, Liye & Wang, Jianzhou & Hou, Ru & Wu, Jie, 2015. "A combined model based on data pre-analysis and weight coefficients optimization for electrical load forecasting," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 524-549.
- Zhu, Suling & Wang, Jianzhou & Zhao, Weigang & Wang, Jujie, 2011. "A seasonal hybrid procedure for electricity demand forecasting in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(11), pages 3807-3815.
- Sigauke, C. & Chikobvu, D., 2011. "Prediction of daily peak electricity demand in South Africa using volatility forecasting models," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 882-888, September.
- Goia, Aldo, 2012. "A functional linear model for time series prediction with exogenous variables," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(5), pages 1005-1011.
- repec:gam:jeners:v:10:y:2017:i:10:p:1547-:d:114315 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsShort-term forecasting Out-of-sample Load curve Seasonality Functional regression Functional clustering Functional linear discriminant analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intfor:v:26:y::i:4:p:700-711. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijforecast .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.