An alternative test of purchasing power parity
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Kenneth Rogoff, 1996. "The Purchasing Power Parity Puzzle," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(2), pages 647-668, June.
- Patrick J. Coe & James M. Nason, 2004. "Long-run monetary neutrality and long-horizon regressions," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(3), pages 355-373.
- Elliott, Graham, 1999.
"Efficient Tests for a Unit Root When the Initial Observation Is Drawn from Its Unconditional Distribution,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 40(3), pages 767-783, August.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "ERSTEST: RATS procedure to perform Elliott-Rothenberg-Stock unit root tests," Statistical Software Components RTS00066, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Alan M. Taylor, 2002. "A Century Of Purchasing-Power Parity," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(1), pages 139-150, February.
- Kwiatkowski, Denis & Phillips, Peter C. B. & Schmidt, Peter & Shin, Yongcheol, 1992.
"Testing the null hypothesis of stationarity against the alternative of a unit root : How sure are we that economic time series have a unit root?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 159-178.
- Kwiatkowski, D. & Phillips, P.C.B. & Schmidt, P., 1990. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of Unit Root : How Sure are we that Economic Time Series have a Unit Root?," Papers 8905, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Denis Kwiatkowski & Peter C.B. Phillips & Peter Schmidt, 1991. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of a Unit Root: How Sure Are We That Economic Time Series Have a Unit Root?," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 979, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Coe, Patrick J. & Nason, James M., 2003. "The long-horizon regression approach to monetary neutrality: how should the evidence be interpreted?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(3), pages 351-356, March.
- Andrews, Donald W K, 1989. "Power in Econometric Applications," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(5), pages 1059-1090, September.
- Sarno,Lucio & Taylor,Mark P., 2003. "The Economics of Exchange Rates," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521485845.
- Fisher, Mark E & Seater, John J, 1993. "Long-Run Neutrality and Superneutrality in an ARIMA Framework," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(3), pages 402-415, June.
- Perron, Pierre & Rodriguez, Gabriel, 2003.
"GLS detrending, efficient unit root tests and structural change,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 1-27, July.
- PERRON, Pierre & RODRIGUEZ, Gabriel, 1998. "GLS Detrending, Efficient Unit Root Tests and Structural Change," Cahiers de recherche 9809, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "GLSDETREND: RATS procedure to perform local to unity GLS detrending," Statistical Software Components RTS00077, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "PERRONRODRIGUEZ: RATS procedure to perform Perron-Rodriguez unit root test allowing for break at unknown date," Statistical Software Components RTS00156, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Alan M. Taylor & Mark P. Taylor, 2004.
"The Purchasing Power Parity Debate,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 18(4), pages 135-158, Fall.
- Alan M. Taylor & Mark Taylor, 2004. "The Purchasing Power Parity Debate," Working Papers 46, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Taylor, Alan M. & Taylor, Mark P, 2004. "The Purchasing Power Parity Debate," CEPR Discussion Papers 4495, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alan M. Taylor & Mark P. Taylor, 2004. "The Purchasing Power Parity Debate," NBER Working Papers 10607, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Elliott, Graham & Rothenberg, Thomas J & Stock, James H, 1996. "Efficient Tests for an Autoregressive Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(4), pages 813-836, July.
- Serletis, Apostolos & Gogas, Periklis, 2004. "Long-horizon regression tests of the theory of purchasing power parity," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 1961-1985, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wallace, Frederick & Lozano Cortés, René & Cabrera-Castellanos, Luis F., 2008.
"Pruebas de cointegración de paridad de poder adquisitivo
[Cointegration Tests of Purchasing Power Parity]," MPRA Paper 10011, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Frederick Wallace, 2011.
"Purchasing power parity in Mexico: a historical note,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(4), pages 349-352.
- Wallace, Frederick, 2009. "Purchasing power parity in Mexico: a historical note," MPRA Paper 18081, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Joe Cox, 2008. "Purchasing power parity and cultural convergence: evidence from the global video games market," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 32(3), pages 201-214, September.
- Simpson, Marc W. & Grossmann, Axel, 2014. "An examination of the forward prediction error of U.S. dollar exchange rates and how they are related to bid-ask spreads, purchasing power parity disequilibria, and forward premium asymmetry," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 221-238.
- Tarkan Cavusoglu & Erdinc Telatar, 2011. "Purchasing Power Parity Revisited: A Time-Varying Parameter Approach," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(3), pages 2701-2708.
- de Roode, F.A., 2014. "Model uncertainty in financial markets : Long run risk and parameter uncertainty," Other publications TiSEM c425daf8-c7a3-4ea4-8b18-3, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Frederick Wallace, 2013. "Cointegration tests of purchasing power parity," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 149(4), pages 779-802, December.
- Frederick Wallace, 2008. "Nonlinear unit root tests of PPP using long-horizon data," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 6(33), pages 1-8.
- Dimitriou, Dimitrios & Simos, Theodore, 2013. "Testing purchasing power parity for Japan and the US: A structural-break approach," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 53-59.
- Shelley, Gary & Wallace, Frederick, 2007. "Co-movements in international dollar price levels," MPRA Paper 4133, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:mulfin:v:42-43:y:2017:i::p:74-94 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jimfin:v:77:y:2017:i:c:p:57-76 is not listed on IDEAS
- Miguel Carvalho & Paulo Júlio, 2012.
"Digging out the PPP hypothesis: an integrated empirical coverage,"
Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 713-744, June.
- Miguel de Carvalho & Paulo Julio, 2010. "Digging Out the PPP Hypothesis: an Integrated Empirical Coverage," GEE Papers 0024, Gabinete de Estratégia e Estudos, Ministério da Economia, revised Sep 2010.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:6:y:2007:i:31:p:1-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- D. Ventosa-Santaulària & M. Gómez-Zaldívar & F. H. Wallace, 2015.
"The real exchange rate, regime changes and volatility shifts,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(24), pages 2445-2454, May.
- Daniel Ventosa-Santaularia & Frederick Wallace & Manuel Gomez-Zaldívar, 2013. "The Real Exchange Rate, Regime Changes and Volatility Shifts," Working papers DTE 551, CIDE, División de Economía.
- Shiu-Sheng Chen & Yu-Hsi Chou, 2010. "Exchange Rates and Fundamentals: Evidence from Long-Horizon Regression Tests," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 72(1), pages 63-88, February.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Su Zhou & Ali Kutan, 2007. "A Century of Purchasing Power Parity: Further Evidence," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 6(31), pages 1-9.
- Pedro Isaac Chávez López, 2014. "Paridad de poder de compra, cambios estructurales y memoria larga: una aplicación para el caso de México," Graduate theses (Spanish) TESG 001, CIDE, División de Economía.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:6:y:2008:i:33:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mario Gómez Aguirre & José Carlos A. Rodríguez Chávez, 2012. "Análisis de la paridad del poder de compra: evidencia empírica entre México y Estados Unidos," Estudios Económicos, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 27(1), pages 169-207.
- Manuel Gómez-Zaldívar & Daniel Ventosa-Santaulària & Frederick Wallace, 2013. "The PPP hypothesis and structural breaks: the case of Mexico," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 45(3), pages 1351-1359, December.
- repec:spr:laecrv:v:26:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s40503-017-0042-9 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
- F4 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:92:y:2006:i:2:p:177-183. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.