Stock markets and growth: A brief caveat on precautionary savings
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Devereux, Michael B & Smith, Gregor W, 1994. "International Risk Sharing and Economic Growth," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 35(3), pages 535-550, August.
- Robert G. King & Ross Levine, 1993. "Finance and Growth: Schumpeter Might Be Right," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 717-737.
- Philippe Weil, 1993. "Precautionary Savings and the Permanent Income Hypothesis," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 60(2), pages 367-383.
- Epstein, Larry G & Zin, Stanley E, 1991. "Substitution, Risk Aversion, and the Temporal Behavior of Consumption and Asset Returns: An Empirical Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(2), pages 263-286, April.
- Levine, Ross, 1991. " Stock Markets, Growth, and Tax Policy," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(4), pages 1445-1465, September.
- Larry Selden, 1979. "An OCE Analysis of the Effect of Uncertainty on Saving under Risk Preference Independence," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(1), pages 73-82.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Morales, Mar a F., 2003.
"Financial Intermediation In A Model Of Growth Through Creative Destruction,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(03), pages 363-393, June.
- Maria Fuensanta Morales, 2000. "Financial Intermediation in a Model of Growth Through Creative Destruction," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0914, Econometric Society.
- Maria Fuensanta Morales, 2001. "Financial Intermediation in a Model of Growth through Creative Destruction," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 487.01, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- C Niranjan Rao, 2008. "The Role of Intellectual Property Rights in Information and Communication Technologies," Working Papers id:1742, eSocialSciences.
- Jahangir Aziz, 2008. "Deconstructing Chinaâ€™s and Indiaâ€™s Growth: The Role of Financial Policies," Working Papers id:1714, eSocialSciences.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:110:y:2017:i:c:p:588-599 is not listed on IDEAS
- Echevarría Olave, Cruz Ángel & Iza Padilla, María Amaya, 2013. "Income Taxation and Growth in an OLG Economy: Does Aggregate Uncertainty Play any Role?," DFAEII Working Papers DFAEII;2013-06, University of the Basque Country - Department of Foundations of Economic Analysis II.
- Femminis, Gianluca, 1999. "On The Optimality of Risk-Sharing in Growth Models: The Role of Education," CEPR Discussion Papers 2264, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jahangir Aziz, 2008. "Deconstructing ChinaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s and IndiaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Growth - The Role of Financial Policies," Macroeconomics Working Papers 22142, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Benkraiem, Ramzi & Miloudi, Anthony & Lahiani, Amine, 2017.
"Production function with electricity consumption and policy implications in Portugal,"
Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 588-599.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & BENKRAIEM, Ramzi & MILOUDI, Anthony & Lahiani, Amine, 2017. "Production Function with Electricity Consumption and Policy Implications in Portugal," MPRA Paper 81203, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 06 Sep 2017.
- Shahbaz Muhammad & Ramzi Benkraiem & Anthony Miloudi & Amine Lahiani, 2017. "Production function with electricity consumption and policy implications in Portugal," Post-Print hal-01611583, HAL.
- Cruz Echevarría, 2015. "Income tax progressivity, growth, income inequality and welfare," SERIEs: Journal of the Spanish Economic Association, Springer;Spanish Economic Association, vol. 6(1), pages 43-72, March.
- Jakob B. Madsen & Md. Rabiul Islam & James B. Ang, 2010.
"Catching up to the technology frontier: the dichotomy between innovation and imitation,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 43(4), pages 1389-1411, November.
- Jakob Madsen & Rabiul Islam & James Ang, 2009. "Catching up to the Technology Frontier: The Dichotomy Between Innovation and Imitation," CAMA Working Papers 2009-26, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Madsen, Jakob & Islam, Md Rabiul & Ang, James, 2010. "Catching Up to the Technology Frontier: The Dichotomy between Innovation and Imitation," MPRA Paper 21701, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lahcen ACHY, 2004. "Financial liberalization, saving, investment and growth in MENA countries," Finance 0411004, EconWPA.
- Echevarría, Cruz A., 2012. "Income tax progressivity, physical capital, aggregate uncertainty and long-run growth in an OLG economy," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 955-974.
- Jahangir Aziz, 2008. "Real and Financial Sector Linkages in China and India," IMF Working Papers 08/95, International Monetary Fund.
- Ang, James B. & McKibbin, Warwick J., 2007.
"Financial liberalization, financial sector development and growth: Evidence from Malaysia,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 215-233, September.
- James B. Ang & Warwick J. McKibbin, 2005. "Financial Liberalization, Financial Sector Development And Growth: Evidence From Malaysia," CAMA Working Papers 2005-05, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- George-Marios Angeletos & Laurent E. Calvet, 2001. "Incomplete Markets, Growth, and the Business Cycle," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1910, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:47:y:1995:i:1:p:111-116. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .