Funded social security and economic growth
This paper investigates the relationship between economic growth and a fully funded social security system in an overlapping generations model with family altruism. It is shown that funded social security may harm growth if there are operative bequests within the family.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gábor Gyárfás & Marko Marquardt, 2001. "Pareto improving transition from a pay-as-you-go to a fully funded pension system in a model of endogenous growth," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 445-453.
- LAMBRECHT, Stéphane & MICHEL, Philippe & VIDAL, Jean-Pierre, .
"Public pensions and growth,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-1820, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Kaganovich, M & Zilcha, I, 1997.
"Education, Social Security and Growth,"
1-97, Tel Aviv.
- LAMBRECHT, Stéphane & MICHEL, Philippe & THIBAULT, Emmanuel, 2005.
"Capital accumulation and fiscal policy in an OLG model with family altruism,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2005027, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Stéphane Lambrecht & Philippe Michel & Emmanuel Thibault, 2006. "Capital Accumulation and Fiscal Policy in an OLG Model with Family Altruism," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 8(3), pages 465-486, 08.
- LAMBRECHT, Stéphane & MICHEL, Philippe & THIBAULT, Emmanuel, . "Capital accumulation and fiscal policy in an OLG model with family altruism," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1913, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521001151 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521806428 is not listed on IDEAS
- Joachim Thøgersen, 2010. "Unemployment, Public Pensions, and Capital Accumulation: Assessing Growth Effects of Alternative Funding Strategies," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 166(3), pages 502-520, September.
- BELAN, Pascal & MICHEL, Philippe & PESTIEAU, Pierre, .
"Pareto-improving social security reform,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-1372, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Michael Kaganovich & Itzhak Zilcha, 2008. "Alternative Social Security Systems andGrowth," CESifo Working Paper Series 2353, CESifo Group Munich.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:115:y:2012:i:2:p:180-183. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.