Funded social security and economic growth
This paper investigates the relationship between economic growth and a fully funded social security system in an overlapping generations model with family altruism. It is shown that funded social security may harm growth if there are operative bequests within the family.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- LAMBRECHT, Stéphane & MICHEL, Philippe & VIDAL, Jean-Pierre, .
"Public pensions and growth,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
1820, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Pascal Belan & Philippe Michel & Pierre Pestieau, 1998.
"Pareto-Improving Social Security Reform,"
The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 23(2), pages 119-125, December.
- de la Croix,David & Michel,Philippe, 2002.
"A Theory of Economic Growth,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521001151, june. pag.
- Kaganovich, M & Zilcha, I, 1997.
"Education, Social Security and Growth,"
1-97, Tel Aviv.
- Gábor Gyárfás & Marko Marquardt, 2001. "Pareto improving transition from a pay-as-you-go to a fully funded pension system in a model of endogenous growth," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 14(3), pages 445-453.
- Michael Kaganovich & Itzhak Zilcha, 2008. "Alternative Social Security Systems andGrowth," CESifo Working Paper Series 2353, CESifo Group Munich.
- LAMBRECHT, Stéphane & MICHEL, Philippe & THIBAULT, Emmanuel, 2005.
"Capital accumulation and fiscal policy in an OLG model with family altruism,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2005027, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Stéphane Lambrecht & Philippe Michel & Emmanuel Thibault, 2006. "Capital Accumulation and Fiscal Policy in an OLG Model with Family Altruism," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 8(3), pages 465-486, 08.
- LAMBRECHT, Stéphane & MICHEL, Philippe & THIBAULT, Emmanuel, . "Capital accumulation and fiscal policy in an OLG model with family altruism," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1913, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Joachim Thøgersen, 2010. "Unemployment, Public Pensions, and Capital Accumulation: Assessing Growth Effects of Alternative Funding Strategies," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 166(3), pages 502-520, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:115:y:2012:i:2:p:180-183. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.