International business visits and the technology frontier
We study the effect of international business trips on the productivity of twelve Australian industries during 1991/2-2005/6.We find strong positive effects, particularly for departing, rather than incoming, international visits. This result supports viewing business visits as investments rather than expenditures.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sid Shanks & Simon Zheng, 2006. "Econometric Modelling of R&D and Australia's Productivity," Staff Working Papers 0604, Productivity Commission, Government of Australia.
- Cohen, Wesley M & Levinthal, Daniel A, 1989. "Innovation and Learning: The Two Faces of R&D," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(397), pages 569-596, September.
- John C. Driscoll & Aart C. Kraay, 1998. "Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimation With Spatially Dependent Panel Data," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(4), pages 549-560, November.
- Giovanni Dosi & Christopher Freeman & Richard Nelson & Gerarld Silverberg & Luc Soete (ed.), 1988. "Technical Change and Economic Theory," LEM Book Series, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy, number dosietal-1988, June.
- Thomas Barnebeck Andersen & Carl-Johan Dalgaard, 2006.
"Cross-Border Flows of People, Technology Diffusion and Aggregate Productivity,"
DEGIT Conference Papers
c011_006, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Thomas Barnebeck Andersen & Carl-Johan Dalgaard, 2006. "Cross-Border Flows of People, Technology Diffusion and Aggregate Productivity," Discussion Papers 06-04, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Edward Anderson, 2007. "Travel and communication and international differences in GDP per capita," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(3), pages 315-332. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)