Trade-offs between conservation and socio-economic objectives in managing a tropical marine ecosystem
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sumaila, Ussif R. & Walters, Carl, 2005. "Intergenerational discounting: a new intuitive approach," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, pages 135-142.
- Clark, Colin W. & Munro, Gordon R. & Sumaila, Ussif Rashid, 2005. "Subsidies, buybacks, and sustainable fisheries," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, pages 47-58.
- Teh, Louise & Sumaila, U. Rashid, 2007. "Malthusian overfishing in Pulau Banggi?," Marine Policy, Elsevier, pages 451-457.
- Enriquez-Andrade, Roberto Ramon & Vaca-Rodriguez, Juan Guillermo, 2004. "Evaluating ecological tradeoffs in fisheries management: a study case for the yellowfin tuna fishery in the Eastern Pacific Ocean," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, pages 303-315.
- Costanza, Robert & d'Arge, Ralph & de Groot, Rudolf & Farber, Stephen & Grasso, Monica & Hannon, Bruce & Limburg, Karin & Naeem, Shahid & O'Neill, Robert V. & Paruelo, Jose, 1998. "The value of the world's ecosystem services and natural capital," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, pages 3-15.
- H. Scott Gordon, 1954. "The Economic Theory of a Common-Property Resource: The Fishery," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62, pages 124-124.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wang, Ying & Hu, Jianfeng & Pan, Haoran & Li, Shiyu & Failler, Pierre, 2016. "An integrated model for marine fishery management in the Pearl River Estuary: Linking socio-economic systems and ecosystems," Marine Policy, Elsevier, pages 135-147.
- Yee, Susan Harrell & Carriger, John F. & Bradley, Patricia & Fisher, William S. & Dyson, Brian, 2015. "Developing scientific information to support decisions for sustainable coral reef ecosystem services," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, pages 39-50.
- Ramírez, Alejandro & Ortiz, Marco & Steenbeek, Jeroen & Christensen, Villy, 2015. "Evaluation of the effects on rockfish and kelp artisanal fisheries of the proposed Mejillones Peninsula marine protected area (northern Chile, SE Pacific coast)," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, pages 141-153.
- repec:eee:ecomod:v:230:y:2012:i:c:p:34-43 is not listed on IDEAS
- U. Srinivasan & William Cheung & Reg Watson & U. Sumaila, 2010. "Food security implications of global marine catch losses due to overfishing," Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, pages 183-200.
- Bacalso, Regina Therese M. & Wolff, Matthias & Rosales, Rina Maria & Armada, Nygiel B., 2016. "Effort reallocation of illegal fishing operations: A profitable scenario for the municipal fisheries of Danajon Bank, Central Philippines," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, pages 5-16.
- Garmendia, E. & Prellezo, R. & Murillas, A. & Escapa, M. & Gallastegui, M., 2010. "Weak and strong sustainability assessment in fisheries," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 96-106, November.
- A.A. Cisse & L. Doyen & F. Blanchard & J.C. Pereau, 2013. "Stochastic viability of the coastal fishery in French Guiana," Documents de Travail 2013-07, CEREGMIA, Université des Antilles et de la Guyane.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:66:y:2008:i:1:p:193-210. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.