Food security implications of global marine catch losses due to overfishing
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cheung, William W.L. & Sumaila, U. Rashid, 2008. "Trade-offs between conservation and socio-economic objectives in managing a tropical marine ecosystem," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 193-210, May.
- U. Sumaila & Ahmed Khan & Andrew Dyck & Reg Watson & Gordon Munro & Peter Tydemers & Daniel Pauly, 2010. "A bottom-up re-estimation of global fisheries subsidies," Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 201-225, October.
- Christophe Béné & Bjørn Hersoug & Edward H. Allison, 2010. "Not by Rent Alone: Analysing the Pro-Poor Functions of Small-Scale Fisheries in Developing Countries," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 28(3), pages 325-358, May.
- Bjorndal, Trond, 1988. "The optimal management of North Sea Herring," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 9-29, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- John Lynham, 2012. "Ecomarkets For Conservation And Sustainable Development in the Coastal Zone," Working Papers 201218, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Christopher Costello & Olivier Deschênes & Ashley Larsen & Steven Gaines, 2014. "Removing biases in forecasts of fishery status," Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 213-219, July.
- Cleasby, Nathan & Schwarz, Anne-Maree & Phillips, Michael & Paul, Chris & Pant, Jharendu & Oeta, Janet & Pickering, Tim & Meloty, Alex & Laumani, Michael & Kori, Max, 2014. "The socio-economic context for improving food security through land based aquaculture in Solomon Islands: A peri-urban case study," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 89-97.
- Béné, Christophe & Arthur, Robert & Norbury, Hannah & Allison, Edward H. & Beveridge, Malcolm & Bush, Simon & Campling, Liam & Leschen, Will & Little, David & Squires, Dale & Thilsted, Shakuntala H. &, 2016. "Contribution of Fisheries and Aquaculture to Food Security and Poverty Reduction: Assessing the Current Evidence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 177-196.
- Sugiawan, Yogi & Islam, Moinul & Managi, Shunsuke, 2017. "Global marine fisheries with economic growth," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 158-168.
- Schuhbauer, Anna & Sumaila, U. Rashid, 2016. "Economic viability and small-scale fisheries — A review," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 69-75.
- Akpalu, Wisdom, 2013. "Foreign Aid and Sustainable Fisheries Management in Sub-Saharan Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series 100, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Leonid Gokhberg & Ilya Kuzminov & Pavel Bakhtin & Elena Tochilina & Alexander Chulok & Anton Timofeev & Alina Lavrinenko, 2017. "Big-Data-Augmented Approach to Emerging Technologies Identification: Case of Agriculture and Food Sector," HSE Working papers WP BRP 76/STI/2017, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Aguilar Ibarra, Alonso & Sanchez Vargas, Armando & Martinez Lopez, Benjamin, 2012. "Economic impacts of climate change on two Mexican coastal fisheries: Implications to food security," Economics Discussion Papers 2012-64, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Allison, E.H., 2011. "Aquaculture, fisheries, poverty and food security," Working Papers, The WorldFish Center, number 39575, September.
More about this item
KeywordsCatch loss; Food security; Undernourishment; Landed values; Q22; D57;
- Q22 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Fishery
- D57 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Input-Output Tables and Analysis
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbioec:v:12:y:2010:i:3:p:183-200. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .