Subsidies, buybacks, and sustainable fisheries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Berck, Peter & Perloff, Jeffrey M, 1984.
"An Open-Access Fishery with Rational Expectations,"
Econometric Society, vol. 52(2), pages 489-506, March.
- Berck, Peter & Perloff, Jeffrey M, 1982. "An Open-Access Fishery with Rational Expectations," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt876499mq, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- McKelvey, Robert, 1985. "Decentralized regulation of a common property renewable resource industry with irreversible investment," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 287-307, December.
- Quinn Weninger, 2000.
"Buyback programs in commercial fisheries:efficiency versus transfers,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 33(2), pages 394-412, May.
- Weninger, Quinn & McConnell, K. E., 2000. "Buyback Programs in Commercial Fisheries: Efficiency Versus Transfers," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1834, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- James Kirkley & Catherine Morrison Paul & Dale Squires, 2002. "Capacity and Capacity Utilization in Common-pool Resource Industries," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 22(1), pages 71-97, June.
- Clark, Colin W. & Munro, Gordon R., 1975. "The economics of fishing and modern capital theory: A simplified approach," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 92-106, December.
- Homans, Frances R. & Wilen, James E., 1997. "A Model of Regulated Open Access Resource Use," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 1-21, January.
- R.N. Ghosh & M.A.B. Siddique, 1998. "The Labour Market in the Maldives: The case for institutional reforms," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 98-13, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- H. Scott Gordon, 1954. "The Economic Theory of a Common-Property Resource: The Fishery," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62, pages 124-124.
- Gordon R. Munro, 1979. "The Optimal Management of Transboundary Renewable Resources," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 12(3), pages 355-376, August.
- Holland, Dan & Gudmundsson, Eyjolfur & Gates, John, 1999. "Do fishing vessel buyback programs work: A survey of the evidence," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 47-69, January.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1977. "Rules Rather Than Discretion: The Inconsistency of Optimal Plans," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 473-491, June.
- Milazzo, M., 1998. "Subsidies in World Fisheries. A Reexamination," Papers 406, World Bank - Technical Papers.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cheung, William W.L. & Sumaila, U. Rashid, 2008. "Trade-offs between conservation and socio-economic objectives in managing a tropical marine ecosystem," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 193-210, May.
- Larkin, Sherry L. & Keithly, Walter R., Jr. & Adams, Charles M. & Kazmierczak, Richard F., Jr., 2004. "Buyback Programs for Capacity Reduction in the U.S. Atlantic Shark Fishery," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 36(02), August.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:142:y:2017:i:c:p:91-103 is not listed on IDEAS
- Naoto Jinji, 2011. "Fisheries Subsidies and Management in Open Economies," Discussion papers e-11-004, Graduate School of Economics Project Center, Kyoto University.
- Carvalho, Natacha & Rege, Sameer & Fortuna, Mário & Isidro, Eduardo & Edwards-Jones, Gareth, 2011. "Estimating the impacts of eliminating fisheries subsidies on the small island economy of the Azores," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(10), pages 1822-1830, August.
- repec:kap:enreec:v:67:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10640-015-9983-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eggert, Håkan & Greaker, Mads, 2009.
"Effects of Global Fisheries on Developing Countries: Possibilities for Income and Threat of Depletion,"
dp-10-09-02-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Eggert, Håkan & Greaker, Mads, 2009. "Effects of Global Fisheries on Developing Countries Possibilities for Income and Threat of Depletion," Working Papers in Economics 393, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Ostrom, Elinor (Ed.) & Schlüter, Achim (Ed.), 2007. "The challenge of self-governance in complex, globalizing economies: Collection of revised papers of a PhD seminar," Working Papers 47-2007, University of Freiburg, Chair of Forestry Economics and Planning.
- Stefan Ambec & Carine Sebi, 2011.
"The distributional impact of common-pool resource regulations,"
Indian Growth and Development Review,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 4(2), pages 123-141, September.
- Ambec, Stefan & Sebi, Carine, 2010. "The distributional impact of common-pool resource regulations," LERNA Working Papers 10.19.325, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- repec:eco:journ1:2017-02-84 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hua, Jian & Wu, Yihusan, 2011. "Implications of energy use for fishing fleet--Taiwan example," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 2656-2668, May.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:146:y:2018:i:c:p:435-446 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christian Mullon & Charles Mullon, 2016. "A constraint-based framework to study rationality, competition and cooperation in fisheries," Papers 1605.08166, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2017.
- Jennifer Jacquet, 2009. "Silent water: a brief examination of the marine fisheries crisis," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 255-263, April.
- Asche, Frank & Smith, Martin D., 2010. "Trade and fisheries: Key issues for the World Trade Organization," WTO Staff Working Papers ERSD-2010-03, World Trade Organization (WTO), Economic Research and Statistics Division.
- Basak Bayramoglu & Brian Copeland & Jean-François Jacques, 2016. "Trade and Fisheries Subsidies," Working Papers 2016.08, FAERE - French Association of Environmental and Resource Economists.
- Gordon Munro & U. Sumaila, 2015. "On the Contributions of Colin Clark to Fisheries Economics," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 61(1), pages 1-17, May.
- Graff Zivin, Joshua & Mullins, Jamie, 2015. "Vessel buybacks in fisheries: The role of auction and financing structures," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 188-197.
- Bucaram, Santiago J. & Hearn, Alex, 2014. "Factors that influence the entry–exit decision and intensity of participation of fishing fleet for the Galapagos lobster fishery," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 80-88.
- Stoeven, Max T. & Quaas, Martin F., 2012. "Privatizing renewable resources: Who gains, who loses?," Economics Working Papers 2012-02, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeeman:v:50:y:2005:i:1:p:47-58. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622870 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.