Does "Participation" in Common Pool Resource Management Help the Poor? A Social Cost-Benefit Analysis of Joint Forest Management in Jharkhand, India
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nalini Kumar & Naresh Saxena & Yoginder Alagh & Kinsuk Mitra, 2000. "India : Alleviating Poverty through Forest Development," World Bank Publications - Books, The World Bank Group, number 19908, December.
- Devarajan, Shantayanan & Squire, Lyn & Suthiwart-Narueput, Sethaput, 1995. "Reviving project appraisal at the World Bank," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1496, The World Bank.
- Costanza, Robert & d'Arge, Ralph & de Groot, Rudolf & Farber, Stephen & Grasso, Monica & Hannon, Bruce & Limburg, Karin & Naeem, Shahid & O'Neill, Robert V. & Paruelo, Jose, 1998. "The value of the world's ecosystem services and natural capital," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 3-15, April.
- Marcus Colchester, 1994. "Sustaining the Forests: The Community‐based Approach in South and South‐East Asia," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 25(1), pages 69-100, January.
- Colin Kirkpatrick, 1994. "New developments in project appraisal in developing countries: Editor's introduction," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(1), pages 1-5, January.
- Singh, Karam & Singh, Nirmal & Singh, R. P., 1996. "Utilisation and Development of Common Property Resources - A Field Study in Punjab," Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 51(1-2), June.
- Jodha, N.S., 1992. "Common Property Resources; A Missing Dimension of development Strategies," World Bank - Discussion Papers 168, World Bank.
- H. Scott Gordon, 1954. "The Economic Theory of a Common-Property Resource: The Fishery," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62, pages 124-124.
- Hill, I. & SHields, D., 1998. "Incentives for Joint Forest Management in India. Analytical Methods and Case Studies," Papers 394, World Bank - Technical Papers.
- Costanza, Robert, 1998. "The value of ecosystem services," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 1-2, April.
- H. Scott Gordon, 1954. "The Economic Theory of a Common-Property Resource: The Fishery," Palgrave Macmillan Books, in: Chennat Gopalakrishnan (ed.), Classic Papers in Natural Resource Economics, chapter 9, pages 178-203, Palgrave Macmillan.
- A. Joshi & M. Moore, 2000. "Enabling Environments: Do Anti-Poverty Programmes Mobilise the Poor?," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(1), pages 25-56, October.
- Chambers, Robert & Leach, Melissa, 1989. "Trees as savings and security for the rural poor," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 329-342, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Cheung, William W.L. & Sumaila, U. Rashid, 2008. "Trade-offs between conservation and socio-economic objectives in managing a tropical marine ecosystem," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 193-210, May.
- Christophe BÃ©nÃ© & Richard M. Friend, 2011. "Poverty in small-scale fisheries," Progress in Development Studies, , vol. 11(2), pages 119-144, April.
- Parks, Sarah & Gowdy, John, 2013. "What have economists learned about valuing nature? A review essay," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 3(C), pages 1-10.
- McCloskey Deirdre Nansen, 2018. "The Two Movements in Economic Thought, 1700–2000: Empty Economic Boxes Revisited," Man and the Economy, De Gruyter, vol. 5(2), pages 1-20, December.
- Coxhead, Ian & Jayasuriya, Sisira, 2003.
"Trade, Liberalization, Resource Degradation and Industrial Pollution in Developing Countries: An Integrated Analysis,"
Staff Paper Series
462, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Ian Coxhead & Sisira Jayasuriya, 2003. "Trade Liberalization, Resource Degradation And Industrial Pollution In Developing Countries: An Integrated Analysis," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 884, The University of Melbourne.
- Coxhead, Ian A. & Jayasuriya, Sisira, 2003. "Trade, Liberalization, Resource Degradation and Industrial Pollution in Developing Countries: An Integrated Analysis," Staff Papers 12691, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Rauscher, Michael, 1996. "Sustainable Development and Complex Ecosystems. An Economist's View," Thuenen-Series of Applied Economic Theory 02, University of Rostock, Institute of Economics.
- Barkley Rosser, J. Jr., 2001. "Complex ecologic-economic dynamics and environmental policy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 23-37, April.
- Jorge Higinio Maldonado & Rocío del Pilar Moreno-Sanchez, 2016. "Exacerbating the Tragedy of the Commons: Private Inefficient Outcomes and Peer Effect in Experimental Games with Fishing Communities," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 11(2), pages 1-17, February.
- Strydom, M.B. & Nieuwoudt, W. Lieb, 1998. "An Economic Analysis Of Restructuring The South African Hake Quota Market," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 37(3), pages 1-15, September.
- repec:mse:cesdoc:13002r is not listed on IDEAS
- Horan, R.D. & Bulte, E.H., 2004. "Optimal and open access harvesting and multi-use species in a second best world," Other publications TiSEM 95000e50-7225-4f4d-aeaf-a, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Funk, Matt, 2008. "On the Problem of Sustainable Economic Development: A Theoretical Solution to this Prisoner's Dilemma," MPRA Paper 19025, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 08 Jun 2008.
- Kanchanaroek, Yingluk & Termansen, Mette & Quinn, Claire, 2013. "Property rights regimes in complex fishery management systems: A choice experiment application," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 363-373.
- Catherine J. Morrison Paul & Ronald G. Felthoven & Marcelo de O. Torres, 2010.
"Productive performance in fisheries: modeling, measurement, and management,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 54(3), pages 343-360, July.
- Morrison Paul, Catherine J. & Felthoven, Ronald G. & de O. Torres, Marcelo, 2010. "Productive performance in fisheries: modeling, measurement, and management," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 54(3), pages 1-18.
- Davis, Katrina & Pannell, David J. & Kragt, Marit & Gelcich, Stefan & Schilizzi, Steven, 2014. "Accounting for enforcement is essential to improve the spatial allocation of marine restricted-use zoning systems," Working Papers 195718, University of Western Australia, School of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Lee, Kun C. & Short, Cameron & Heady, Earl O., 1981. "Optimal Groundwater Mining In The Ogallala Aquifer: Estimation Of Economic Losses And Excessive Depletion Due To Commonality," 1981 Annual Meeting, July 26-29, Clemson, South Carolina 279261, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Desbureaux, Sébastien & Brimont, Laura, 2015.
"Between economic loss and social identity: The multi-dimensional cost of avoiding deforestation in Eastern Madagascar,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 10-20.
- Sébastien Desbureaux & Laura Brimon, 2015. "Between economic loss and social identity: Themulti-dimensional cost of avoiding deforestation in Eastern Madagascar," Post-Print halshs-01189016, HAL.
- Shrestha, Ram K. & Seidl, Andrew F. & Moraes, Andre S., 2002. "Value of recreational fishing in the Brazilian Pantanal: a travel cost analysis using count data models," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 289-299, August.
- Eppink, Florian V. & van den Bergh, Jeroen C.J.M., 2007. "Ecological theories and indicators in economic models of biodiversity loss and conservation: A critical review," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2-3), pages 284-293, March.
- Marco Casari, 2002. "Can genetic algorithms explain experimental anomalies? An application to common property resources," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 542.02, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- van Dijk, Diana & Hendrix, Eligius M.T. & Haijema, Rene & Groeneveld, Rolf A. & van Ierland, Ekko C., 2014. "On solving a bi-level stochastic dynamic programming model for analyzing fisheries policies: Fishermen behavior and optimal fish quota," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 272(C), pages 68-75.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:30:y:2002:i:5:p:763-782. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.