The Economic Impacts of Droughts: A Framework for Analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- R. Quentin Grafton & Michael B. Ward, 2008. "Prices versus Rationing: Marshallian Surplus and Mandatory Water Restrictions," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 84(s1), pages 57-65, September.
- Padilla, Emilio, 2002. "Intergenerational equity and sustainability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 69-83, April.
- Kulshreshtha, S. N. & Klein, K. K., 1989. "Agricultural drought impact evaluation model: A systems approach," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 81-96.
- Ivana Logar & Jeroen Bergh, 2013. "Methods to Assess Costs of Drought Damages and Policies for Drought Mitigation and Adaptation: Review and Recommendations," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 27(6), pages 1707-1720, April.
- Woo, Chi-Keung, 1994. "Managing water supply shortage : Interruption vs. pricing," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 145-160, May.
- Ari M. Michelsen & Robert A. Young, 1993. "Optioning Agricultural Water Rights for Urban Water Supplies During Drought," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 75(4), pages 1010-1020.
- J. Daniel Khazzoom, 1980. "Economic Implications of Mandated Efficiency in Standards for Household Appliances," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 21-40.
- Freire-González, Jaume, 2011. "Methods to empirically estimate direct and indirect rebound effect of energy-saving technological changes in households," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 223(1), pages 32-40.
- K. Jenkins, 2013. "Indirect economic losses of drought under future projections of climate change: a case study for Spain," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 69(3), pages 1967-1986, December.
- Islam, Nazrul, 2003. "What Does A Dry Season Mean To The Western Australian Economy? A Cge Investigation," 2003 Conference (47th), February 12-14, 2003, Fremantle, Australia 57895, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Wittwer, Glyn & Griffith, Marnie, 2010. "Closing the factory doors until better times: CGE modelling of drought using a theory of excess capacity," 2010 Conference (54th), February 10-12, 2010, Adelaide, Australia 59263, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Klein, K. K. & Kulshreshtha, S. N. & Klein, S. A., 1989. "Agricultural drought impact evaluation model: Description of components," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 117-138.
- Pattanayak, Subhrendu K. & Kramer, Randall A., 2001.
"Worth of watersheds: a producer surplus approach for valuing drought mitigation in Eastern Indonesia,"
Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(1), pages 123-146, February.
- Pattanayak, Subhrendu K. & Kramer, Randall A., 1999. "Worth of Watersheds: A Producer Surplus Approach for Valuing Drought Mitigation in Eastern Indonesia," Working Papers 99-10, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Salami, Habibollah & Shahnooshi, Naser & Thomson, Kenneth J., 2009. "The economic impacts of drought on the economy of Iran: An integration of linear programming and macroeconometric modelling approaches," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(4), pages 1032-1039, February.
- Albala-Bertrand, J. M., 1993. "Natural disaster situations and growth: A macroeconomic model for sudden disaster impacts," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(9), pages 1417-1434, September.
- Horridge, Mark & Madden, John & Wittwer, Glyn, 2005. "The impact of the 2002-2003 drought on Australia," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 285-308, April.
- Adam Rose & Shu‐Yi Liao, 2005. "Modeling Regional Economic Resilience to Disasters: A Computable General Equilibrium Analysis of Water Service Disruptions," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(1), pages 75-112, February.
- David Hensher & Nina Shore & Kenneth Train, 2006. "Water Supply Security and Willingness to Pay to Avoid Drought Restrictions," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 82(256), pages 56-66, March.
- Boyd, Roy & Ibarrarã N, Maria E., 2009. "Extreme climate events and adaptation: an exploratory analysis of drought in Mexico," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(3), pages 371-395, June.
- Pauw, Karl & Thurlow, James & Bachu, Murthy & Van Seventer, Dirk Ernst, 2011. "The economic costs of extreme weather events: a hydrometeorological CGE analysis for Malawi," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(2), pages 177-198, April.
- Banerjee, Onil & Bark, Rosalind & Connor, Jeff & Crossman, Neville D., 2013. "An ecosystem services approach to estimating economic losses associated with drought," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 19-27.
- Benson, C. & Clay, E., 1998. "The Impact of Drought on Sub-Saharan African Economies. A Preliminary Examination," Papers 401, World Bank - Technical Papers.
- Holden, Stein & Shiferaw, Bekele, 2004. "Land degradation, drought and food security in a less-favoured area in the Ethiopian highlands: a bio-economic model with market imperfections," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 30(1), pages 31-49, January.
- Nick Carroll & Paul Frijters & Michael Shields, 2009. "Quantifying the costs of drought: new evidence from life satisfaction data," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 22(2), pages 445-461, April.
- Dudu, Hasan & Chumi, Sinqobile, 2008. "Economics of irrigation water management : a literature survey with focus on partial and general equilibrium models," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4556, The World Bank.
- Kirby, Mac & Bark, Rosalind & Connor, Jeff & Qureshi, M. Ejaz & Keyworth, Scott, 2014. "Sustainable irrigation: How did irrigated agriculture in Australia's Murray–Darling Basin adapt in the Millennium Drought?," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 145(C), pages 154-162.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kang, Hyunwoo & Sridhar, Venkataramana & Mills, Bradford F. & Hession, W. Cully & Ogejo, Jactone A., 2019. "Economy-wide climate change impacts on green water droughts based on the hydrologic simulations," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 171(C), pages 76-88.
- Jaume Freire-González & Christopher A. Decker & Jim W. Hall, 2017. "A Scenario-Based Framework for Assessing the Economic Impacts of Potential Droughts," Water Economics and Policy (WEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 3(04), pages 1-27, October.
- Liao, Renkuan & Wu, Wenyong & Hu, Yaqi & Xu, Di & Huang, Qiannan & Wang, Shiyu, 2019. "Micro-irrigation strategies to improve water-use efficiency of cherry trees in Northern China," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 221(C), pages 388-396.
- Thompson, Wyatt & Lu, Yaqiong & Gerlt, Scott & Yang, Xianyu & Campbell, J. Elliott & Kueppers, Lara M. & Snyder, Mark A., 2018. "Automatic Responses of Crop Stocks and Policies Buffer Climate Change Effects on Crop Markets and Price Volatility," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 152(C), pages 98-105.
More about this item
KeywordsDrought; Economic impacts; Policy; Hydraulic capital; Water economics;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:132:y:2017:i:c:p:196-204. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.