The effects of state political interests and campus outputs on public university revenues
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Clotfelter, Charles T, 1976. "Public Spending for Higher Education: An Empirical Test of Two Hypotheses," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 31(2), pages 177-195.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:91:y:1997:i:02:p:308-323_20 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:hrv:faseco:30747152 is not listed on IDEAS
- McPherson, Michael S. & Schapiro, Morton Owen, 1997. "Financing Undergraduate Education: Designing National Policies," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 50(3), pages 557-71, September.
- McPherson, Michael S. & Schapiro, Morton Owen, 1997. "Financing Undergraduate Education: Designing National Policies," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 50(3), pages 557-571, September.
- Hoenack, Stephen A. & Pierro, Daniel J., 1990. "An econometric model of a public university's income and enrollments," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 403-423, December.
- Coughlin, Cletus C. & Erekson, O. Homer, 1986. "Determinants of state aid and voluntary support of higher education," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 179-190, April.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:87:y:1993:i:04:p:955-962_10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Roger G. Noll & William P. Rogerson, "undated". "The Economics of University Indirect Cost Reimbursement in Federal Research Grants," Working Papers 97039, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Claudia Goldin & Lawrence F. Katz, 1999.
"The Shaping of Higher Education: The Formative Years in the United States, 1890 to 1940,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 13(1), pages 37-62, Winter.
- Claudia Goldin & Lawrence F. Katz, 1998. "The Shaping of Higher Education: The Formative Years in the United States, 1890 to 1940," NBER Working Papers 6537, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Caroline M. Hoxby, 1997. "How the Changing Market Structure of U.S. Higher Education Explains College Tuition," NBER Working Papers 6323, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kane, Thomas J, 1994. "College Entry by Blacks since 1970: The Role of College Costs, Family Background, and the Returns to Education," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(5), pages 878-911, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fethke, Gary, 2005. "Strategic determination of higher education subsidies and tuitions," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 601-609, October.
- Michael Rizzo & Ronald G. Ehrenberg, 2004.
"Resident and Nonresident Tuition and Enrollment at Flagship State Universities,"
NBER Chapters,in: College Choices: The Economics of Where to Go, When to Go, and How to Pay For It, pages 303-354
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael J. Rizzo & Ronald G. Ehrenberg, 2003. "Resident and Nonresident Tuition and Enrollment at Flagship State Universities," NBER Working Papers 9516, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ehrenberg, R.G.Ronald G., 2004. "Econometric studies of higher education," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 121(1-2), pages 19-37.
- repec:spr:reihed:v:59:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11162-017-9453-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robert B. Archibald & David H. Feldman, 2004.
"State Higher Education Spending and the Tax Revolt,"
10, Department of Economics, College of William and Mary.
- Robert B Archibald & David H Feldman, 2004. "State Higher Education Spending and the Tax Revolt," HEW 0412003, EconWPA.
- Fethke, Gary, 2011. "Welfare effects of subsidizing higher education when access and quality are endogenous," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 112(1), pages 45-48, July.
- Thomas M. Rabovsky & William Curtis Ellis, 2014. "Higher Education and Congressional Influence on Administrative Decisions: An Examination of NSF and NIH Research Grant Funding to Four-Year Universities," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 95(3), pages 740-759, September.
- Hemelt, Steven W. & Marcotte, Dave E., 2008. "Rising Tuition and Enrollment in Public Higher Education," IZA Discussion Papers 3827, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Matthew Nagler, 2008. "Funding Shocks and Optimal University Admissions and Financial Aid Policies," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 36(3), pages 345-358, September.
- Neill, Christine, 2009. "Tuition fees and the demand for university places," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 561-570, October.
- Nicole M. Fortin, 2006. "Higher-Education Policies and the College Wage Premium: Cross-State Evidence from the 1990s," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(4), pages 959-987, September.
- Robert R. Dunn, 2015. "Outmigration and State and Local Appropriations for Public Higher Education," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 45(3), pages 237-251, Winter.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecoedu:v:20:y:2001:i:2:p:105-119. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.