Do Faculty Matter? Effects of Faculty Participation in University Decisions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kocher, Martin & Strau[ss], Sabine & Sutter, Matthias, 2006.
"Individual or team decision-making--Causes and consequences of self-selection,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 259-270, August.
- Martin Kocher & Sabine Strauß & Matthias Sutter, 2004. "Individual or team decision-making - Causes and consequences of self-selection," Papers on Strategic Interaction 2004-31, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Strategic Interaction Group.
- Kocher, Martin G. & Strauß, Sabine & Sutter, Matthias, 2006. "Individual or team decision-making-Causes and consequences of self-selection," Munich Reprints in Economics 18162, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Lindsay, Cotton M, 1976. "A Theory of Government Enterprise," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(5), pages 1061-1077, October.
- Shiferaw Gurmu & Grant C. Black & Paula E. Stephan, 2010. "The Knowledge Production Function For University Patenting," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 48(1), pages 192-213, January.
- Kathleen A. Carroll & Jane E. Ruseski, 2011.
"Modeling Internal Decision Making Process: An Explanation Of Conflicting Empirical Results On Behavior Of Non‐Profit And For‐Profit Hospitals,"
Contemporary Economic Policy,
Western Economic Association International, vol. 29(4), pages 510-523, October.
- Carroll, Kathleen & Ruseski, Jane, 2009. "Modeling Internal Decision Making Process: An Explanation of Conflicting Empirical Results on Behavior of Nonprofit and For-Profit Hospitals," Working Papers 2009-23, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- Dennis Coates & Brad Humphreys & Michelle Vachris, 2004. "More evidence that university administrators are utility maximizing bureaucrats," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 77-101, April.
- Dakshina G. De Silva & Robert Mccomb, 2012.
"Research Universities And Regional High‐Tech Firm Start‐Up And Exit,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 50(1), pages 112-130, January.
- De Silva, Dakshina G. & McComb, Robert P., 2009. "Research universities and regional high-tech firm start-ups and exit," MPRA Paper 13022, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jerik Hanushek & Dennis Kimko, 2006.
"Schooling, Labor-force Quality, and the Growth of Nations,"
Higher School of Economics, issue 1, pages 154-193.
- Dennis D. Kimko & Eric A. Hanushek, 2000. "Schooling, Labor-Force Quality, and the Growth of Nations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(5), pages 1184-1208, December.
- Clotfelter, Charles T, 1976. "Public Spending for Higher Education: An Empirical Test of Two Hypotheses," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 31(2), pages 177-195.
- Barton H. Hamilton & Jack A. Nickerson & Hideo Owan, 2003. "Team Incentives and Worker Heterogeneity: An Empirical Analysis of the Impact of Teams on Productivity and Participation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 111(3), pages 465-497, June.
- Eugenia Toma, 1986. "State university boards of trustees: A principal-agent perspective," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 49(2), pages 155-163, January.
- Toma, Eugenia Froedge, 1990. "Boards of Trustees, Agency Problems, and University Output," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 67(1), pages 1-9, October.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- About faculty participation in university administration
by Economic Logician in Economic Logic on 2013-12-19 22:03:00
More about this item
Keywordshigher education; faculty governance; university decision making; incentives; nonprofit organization; public organization; organizational behavior.;
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
- D73 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Bureaucracy; Administrative Processes in Public Organizations; Corruption
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
- L31 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Nonprofit Institutions; NGOs; Social Entrepreneurship
- L38 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Public Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-11-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2013-11-29 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-CSE-2013-11-29 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-EDU-2013-11-29 (Education)
- NEP-SOG-2013-11-29 (Sociology of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:umb:econwp:1306. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christelle Viauroux). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edumbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.