Do Faculty Matter? Effects of Faculty Participation in University Decisions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kocher, Martin & Strau[ss], Sabine & Sutter, Matthias, 2006.
"Individual or team decision-making--Causes and consequences of self-selection,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 259-270, August.
- Martin Kocher & Sabine Strauß & Matthias Sutter, 2004. "Individual or team decision-making - Causes and consequences of self-selection," Papers on Strategic Interaction 2004-31, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Strategic Interaction Group.
- Kocher, Martin G. & Strauß, Sabine & Sutter, Matthias, 2006. "Individual or team decision-making-Causes and consequences of self-selection," Munich Reprints in Economics 18162, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Lindsay, Cotton M, 1976. "A Theory of Government Enterprise," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(5), pages 1061-1077, October.
- Shiferaw Gurmu & Grant C. Black & Paula E. Stephan, 2010. "The Knowledge Production Function For University Patenting," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 48(1), pages 192-213, January.
- Kathleen A. Carroll & Jane E. Ruseski, 2011.
"Modeling Internal Decision Making Process: An Explanation Of Conflicting Empirical Results On Behavior Of Non‐Profit And For‐Profit Hospitals,"
Contemporary Economic Policy,
Western Economic Association International, vol. 29(4), pages 510-523, October.
- Carroll, Kathleen & Ruseski, Jane, 2009. "Modeling Internal Decision Making Process: An Explanation of Conflicting Empirical Results on Behavior of Nonprofit and For-Profit Hospitals," Working Papers 2009-23, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- Dennis Coates & Brad Humphreys & Michelle Vachris, 2004. "More evidence that university administrators are utility maximizing bureaucrats," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 77-101, April.
- Dakshina G. De Silva & Robert Mccomb, 2012.
"Research Universities And Regional High‐Tech Firm Start‐Up And Exit,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 50(1), pages 112-130, January.
- De Silva, Dakshina G. & McComb, Robert P., 2009. "Research universities and regional high-tech firm start-ups and exit," MPRA Paper 13022, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jerik Hanushek & Dennis Kimko, 2006.
"Schooling, Labor-force Quality, and the Growth of Nations,"
Higher School of Economics, issue 1, pages 154-193.
- Dennis D. Kimko & Eric A. Hanushek, 2000. "Schooling, Labor-Force Quality, and the Growth of Nations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(5), pages 1184-1208, December.
- Clotfelter, Charles T, 1976. "Public Spending for Higher Education: An Empirical Test of Two Hypotheses," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 31(2), pages 177-195.
- Barton H. Hamilton & Jack A. Nickerson & Hideo Owan, 2003. "Team Incentives and Worker Heterogeneity: An Empirical Analysis of the Impact of Teams on Productivity and Participation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 111(3), pages 465-497, June.
- Eugenia Toma, 1986. "State university boards of trustees: A principal-agent perspective," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 49(2), pages 155-163, January.
- Toma, Eugenia Froedge, 1990. "Boards of Trustees, Agency Problems, and University Output," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 67(1), pages 1-9, October.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- About faculty participation in university administration
by Economic Logician in Economic Logic on 2013-12-19 22:03:00
More about this item
Keywordshigher education; faculty governance; university decision making; incentives; nonprofit organization; public organization; organizational behavior.;
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
- D73 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Bureaucracy; Administrative Processes in Public Organizations; Corruption
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
- L31 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Nonprofit Institutions; NGOs; Social Entrepreneurship
- L38 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Public Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-11-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2013-11-29 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-CSE-2013-11-29 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-EDU-2013-11-29 (Education)
- NEP-SOG-2013-11-29 (Sociology of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:umb:econwp:1306. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christelle Viauroux). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edumbus.html .