Is health insurance affordable for the uninsured?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- McPherson, Michael S. & Schapiro, Morton Owen, 1997. "Financing Undergraduate Education: Designing National Policies," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 50(3), pages 557-71, September.
- McPherson, Michael S. & Schapiro, Morton Owen, 1997. "Financing Undergraduate Education: Designing National Policies," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 50(3), pages 557-571, September.
- Milne, Claire, 2000. "Affordability of basic telephone service: an income distribution approach," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(10-11), pages 907-927, November.
- David M. Cutler & Jonathan Gruber, 1996. "Does Public Insurance Crowd out Private Insurance?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 111(2), pages 391-430.
- Michael S. McPherson & Morton Owen Schapiro, 1997. "Financing Undergraduate Education: Designing National Policy," Williams Project on the Economics of Higher Education DP-43, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Whinston, Michael D. & Green, Jerry R., 1995. "Microeconomic Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195102680.
- K.E. Hancock, 1993. "Can Pay? Won't Pay?' or Economic Principles of 'Affordability," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 30(1), pages 127-145, February.
- Ehrlich, Isaac & Becker, Gary S, 1972. "Market Insurance, Self-Insurance, and Self-Protection," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(4), pages 623-648, July-Aug..
- Blaylock, James & Smallwood, David & Kassel, Kathleen & Variyam, Jay & Aldrich, Lorna, 1999. "Economics, food choices, and nutrition," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(2-3), pages 269-286, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Koch, Steven & Alaba, Olufunke, 2010. "On health insurance and household decisions: A treatment effect analysis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 175-182, January.
- repec:clh:techni:y:2010 is not listed on IDEAS
- Joseph J. Capuno & Stella A. Quimbo & Aleli D. Kraft & Carlos Antonio R. Tan, Jr., 2012. "The effects of term limits and yardstick competition on local government provision of health insurance and other public services : The Philippine case," UP School of Economics Discussion Papers 201201, University of the Philippines School of Economics.
- Bradley Herring & Mark V. Pauly, 2006. "The Effect of State Community Rating Regulations on Premiums and Coverage in the Individual Health Insurance Market," NBER Working Papers 12504, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Scott E. Harrington, 2010. "The Health Insurance Reform Debate," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 77(1), pages 5-38.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/9715 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hugh Morris, 2012. "Financial Exclusion and Australian Domestic General Insurance: The Impact of Financial Services Reforms," PhD Thesis, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney, number 33.
- Florence Jusot & Clémence Perraudin & Jérôme Wittwer, 2011. "L’accessibilité financière à la complémentaire santé en France : les résultats de l’enquête Budget de Famille 2006," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 450(1), pages 29-46.
- Sophie Guthmuller & Florence Jusot & Jérôme Wittwer, 2014.
"Improving Takeup of Health Insurance Program: A Social Experiment in France,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 49(1), pages 167-194.
- Sophie Guthmuller & Florence Jusot & Jérôme Wittwer, 2014. "Improving take-up of health insurance program: a social experiment in France," Post-Print hal-01523961, HAL.
- Bundorf M. Kate & Fuchs Victor R., 2008. "Public Support for National Health Insurance: The Roles of Attitudes and Beliefs," Forum for Health Economics & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 1-33, April.
- Helen Levy & Thomas DeLeire, 2003. "What Do People Buy When They Don't Buy Health Insurance And What Does that Say about Why They are Uninsured?," NBER Working Papers 9826, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/7734 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/1926 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jean Marie Abraham & Thomas DeLeire & Annne Beeson Royalty, 2007. "Health Insurance, Pensions, and Paid Leave: Access to Health Insurance at Small Firms in a Broader Benefit Context: Working Paper 2007-08," Working Papers 18725, Congressional Budget Office.
- Carine Milcent, 2010. "Healthcare access for migrants in China : A new frontier," Working Papers halshs-00575014, HAL.
- repec:clh:briefi:v:3:y:2010:i:2 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/11091 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michel Grignon & Bidénam Kambia-Chopin, 2009. "Income and the Demand for Complementary Health Insurance in France," Working Papers DT24, IRDES institut for research and information in health economics, revised Apr 2009.
- C. J. Krizan & Adela Luque & Alice Zawacki, 2014. "The Effect Of Employer Health Insurance Offering On The Growth And Survival Of Small Business Prior To The Affordable Care Act," Working Papers 14-22, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:25:y:2006:i:4:p:650-673. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.