A new energy model to capture the behavior of energy price processes
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tang, Cheng Yong & Chen, Song Xi, 2009. "Parameter estimation and bias correction for diffusion processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 149(1), pages 65-81, April.
- Casas, Isabel & Gao, Jiti, 2008.
"Econometric estimation in long-range dependent volatility models: Theory and practice,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 147(1), pages 72-83, November.
- Casas, Isabel & Gao, Jiti, 2006. "Econometric estimation in long-range dependent volatility models: Theory and practice," MPRA Paper 11981, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Aug 2007.
- Vasicek, Oldrich, 1977. "An equilibrium characterization of the term structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 177-188, November.
- Apostolos Serletis & Periklis Gogas, 2007.
"The North American Natural Gas Liquids Markets are Chaotic,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Quantitative And Empirical Analysis Of Energy Markets, chapter 17, pages 225-244,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Apostolos Serletis & Periklis Gogas, 1999. "The North American Natural Gas Liquids Markets are Chaotic," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 83-103.
- Serletis, A. & Gogas, P., 1998. "The North American Natural Gas Liquids Markets are Chaotic," Papers 98-10, Calgary - Department of Economics.
- Serletis, Apostolos & Gogas, Periklis, 1999. "The North American natural gas liquids markets are chaotic," MPRA Paper 1576, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Xi, Xiaojing & Mamon, Rogemar, 2011. "Parameter estimation of an asset price model driven by a weak hidden Markov chain," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 36-46.
- Gil-Alana, Luis A. & Loomis, David & Payne, James E., 2010.
"Does energy consumption by the US electric power sector exhibit long memory behavior?,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 7512-7518, November.
- Luis A. Gil-Alana & James Payne & David Loomis, 2010. "Does energy consumption by the US electric power secto exhibit long memory behaviour?," Faculty Working Papers 04/10, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- William Barnett & Apostolos Serletis & Demitre Serletis, 2005. "Nonlinear and Complex Dynamics in Real Systems," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 200517, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised Sep 2005.
- Chow, Gregory C., 1984. "Maximum-likelihood estimation of misspecified models," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 134-138, April.
- Henghsiu Tsai & K. S. Chan, 2005. "Quasi-Maximum Likelihood Estimation for a Class of Continuous-time Long-memory Processes," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(5), pages 691-713, September.
- Haldrup, Niels & Nielsen, Morten Orregaard, 2006.
"A regime switching long memory model for electricity prices,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 135(1-2), pages 349-376.
- Niels Haldrup & Morten O. Nielsen, 2004. "A Regime Switching Long Memory Model for Electricity Prices," Economics Working Papers 2004-2, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Vasicek, Oldrich Alfonso, 1977. "Abstract: An Equilibrium Characterization of the Term Structure," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(4), pages 627-627, November.
- Henghsiu Tsai & K. S. Chan, 2005. "Maximum likelihood estimation of linear continuous time long memory processes with discrete time data," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 67(5), pages 703-716, November.
- Alexandre Brouste & Marina Kleptsyna, 2010. "Asymptotic properties of MLE for partially observed fractional diffusion system," Statistical Inference for Stochastic Processes, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 1-13, April.
- Brennan, Michael J & Schwartz, Eduardo S, 1985. "Evaluating Natural Resource Investments," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58(2), pages 135-157, April.
- Weidong Xu & Hongyi Li & Chongfeng Wu, 2011. "A Robust General Equilibrium Stochastic Volatility Model with Recursive Preference Investors," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 12(2), pages 217-231, November.
- Eduardo Schwartz & James E. Smith, 2000. "Short-Term Variations and Long-Term Dynamics in Commodity Prices," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(7), pages 893-911, July.
- Lean, Hooi Hooi & Smyth, Russell, 2009. "Long memory in US disaggregated petroleum consumption: Evidence from univariate and multivariate LM tests for fractional integration," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 3205-3211, August.
- Tabak, Benjamin M. & Cajueiro, Daniel O., 2007. "Are the crude oil markets becoming weakly efficient over time? A test for time-varying long-range dependence in prices and volatility," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 28-36, January.
- Stein, Elias M & Stein, Jeremy C, 1991. "Stock Price Distributions with Stochastic Volatility: An Analytic Approach," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(4), pages 727-752.
- Coeurjolly, Jean-Francois, 2000. "Simulation and identification of the fractional Brownian motion: a bibliographical and comparative study," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 5(i07).
- M. T. Barlow, 2002. "A Diffusion Model For Electricity Prices," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(4), pages 287-298, October.
- Xi, Xiaojing & Mamon, Rogemar, 2011. "Parameter estimation of an asset price model driven by a weak hidden Markov chain," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1-2), pages 36-46, January.
- Xu, Weidong & Wu, Chongfeng & Li, Hongyi, 2011. "Foreign equity option pricing under stochastic volatility model with double jumps," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 1857-1863, July.
- Haldrup, Niels & Nielsen, Frank S. & Nielsen, Morten Ørregaard, 2010.
"A vector autoregressive model for electricity prices subject to long memory and regime switching,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 1044-1058, September.
- Niels Haldrup & Frank S. Nielsen & Morten Ørregaard Nielsen, 2007. "A Vector Autoregressive Model for Electricity Prices Subject to Long Memory and Regime Switching," CREATES Research Papers 2007-29, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Frank S. Nielsen & Morten Ã˜. Nielsen & Niels Haldrup, 2009. "A Vector Autoregressive Model For Electricity Prices Subject To Long Memory And Regime Switching," Working Paper 1211, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- M.L. Kleptsyna & A. Le Breton, 2002. "Statistical Analysis of the Fractional Ornstein–Uhlenbeck Type Process," Statistical Inference for Stochastic Processes, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 229-248, October.
- Schlueter, Stephan, 2010. "A long-term/short-term model for daily electricity prices with dynamic volatility," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 1074-1081, September.
- Pestana Barros, Carlos & Gil-Alana, Luis A. & Payne, James E., 2012. "Evidence of long memory behavior in U.S. renewable energy consumption," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 822-826.
- Elder, John & Serletis, Apostolos, 2008. "Long memory in energy futures prices," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 146-155.
- Nualart, D. & Ortiz-Latorre, S., 2008. "Central limit theorems for multiple stochastic integrals and Malliavin calculus," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 118(4), pages 614-628, April.
- Elyasiani, Elyas & Mansur, Iqbal & Odusami, Babatunde, 2011. "Oil price shocks and industry stock returns," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 966-974, September.
- Hu, Yaozhong & Nualart, David, 2010. "Parameter estimation for fractional Ornstein-Uhlenbeck processes," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(11-12), pages 1030-1038, June.
- Le Breton, Alain, 1998. "Filtering and parameter estimation in a simple linear system driven by a fractional Brownian motion," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 263-274, June.
- Meade, Nigel, 2010. "Oil prices -- Brownian motion or mean reversion? A study using a one year ahead density forecast criterion," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1485-1498, November.
- Peter F. Craigmile, 2003. "Simulating a class of stationary Gaussian processes using the Davies-Harte algorithm, with application to long memory processes," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(5), pages 505-511, September.
- Wang, Yudong & Wu, Chongfeng & Wei, Yu, 2011. "Can GARCH-class models capture long memory in WTI crude oil markets?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 921-927, May.
- Yacine Ait-Sahalia, 2002. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Discretely Sampled Diffusions: A Closed-form Approximation Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(1), pages 223-262, January.
- Kang, Sang Hoon & Kang, Sang-Mok & Yoon, Seong-Min, 2009. "Forecasting volatility of crude oil markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 119-125, January.
- Xu, Weidong & Wu, Chongfeng & Li, Hongyi, 2010. "Robust general equilibrium under stochastic volatility model," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 224-231, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Li, Xiao-Ping & Feng, Yun & Wu, Chong-Feng & Xu, Wei-Dong, 2013. "Response of the term structure of forward exchange rate to jump in the interest rate," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 863-874.
- Zhang, Pu & Xiao, Wei-lin & Zhang, Xi-li & Niu, Pan-qiang, 2014. "Parameter identification for fractional Ornstein–Uhlenbeck processes based on discrete observation," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 198-203.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy model; Maximum likelihood estimation; Malliavin calculus; Fractional Ornstein–Uhlenbeck processes; Monte Carlo simulation;
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:29:y:2012:i:5:p:1585-1591. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30411 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.