A Robust General Equilibrium Stochastic Volatility Model with Recursive Preference Investors
This paper investigates the implications of model uncertainty for the equity premium in a stochastic volatility model. We consider a general equilibrium setting with one representative agent who has a stochastic differential utility. The results show that the equilibrium equity premium consists of a market risk premium, a stochastic volatility risk premium and an uncertainty aversion premium. Further, the robustness can increase the equilibrium equity premium and drive down the equilibrium risk-free rate.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jianjun Miao, 2009.
"Ambiguity, Risk and Portfolio Choice under Incomplete Information,"
Annals of Economics and Finance,
Society for AEF, vol. 10(2), pages 257-279, November.
- Jianjun Miao, . "Ambiguity, Risk and Portfolio Choice under Incomplete Information," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series wp2009-019, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Campbell, John Y. & Chacko, George & Rodriguez, Jorge & Viceira, Luis M., 2004.
"Strategic asset allocation in a continuous-time VAR model,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 28(11), pages 2195-2214, October.
- John Y. Campbell & George Chacko & Jorge Rodriguez & Luis M. Viciera, 2003. "Strategic Asset Allocation in a Continuous-Time VAR Model," NBER Working Papers 9547, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Viceira, Luis & Rodriguez, Jorge & Chacko, George & Campbell, John, 2004. "Strategic Asset Allocation in a Continuous-Time VAR Model," Scholarly Articles 3294738, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Campbell, John Y & Chacko, George & Rodriguez, Jorge & Viceira, Luis M, 2003. "Strategic Asset Allocation in a Continuous Time VAR Model," CEPR Discussion Papers 4160, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pascal J. Maenhout, 2004. "Robust Portfolio Rules and Asset Pricing," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 17(4), pages 951-983.
- Zengjing Chen & Larry Epstein, 2002.
"Ambiguity, Risk, and Asset Returns in Continuous Time,"
Econometric Society, vol. 70(4), pages 1403-1443, July.
- Zengjing Chen & Larry G. Epstein, 2000. "Ambiguity, risk and asset returns in continuous time," RCER Working Papers 474, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- R. C. Merton, 1970.
"Optimum Consumption and Portfolio Rules in a Continuous-time Model,"
58, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Merton, Robert C., 1971. "Optimum consumption and portfolio rules in a continuous-time model," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 373-413, December.
- Breeden, Douglas T., 1979. "An intertemporal asset pricing model with stochastic consumption and investment opportunities," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 265-296, September.
- Epstein, Larry G & Zin, Stanley E, 1989. "Substitution, Risk Aversion, and the Temporal Behavior of Consumption and Asset Returns: A Theoretical Framework," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(4), pages 937-69, July.
- Epstein, Larry G & Wang, Tan, 1994. "Intertemporal Asset Pricing Under Knightian Uncertainty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(2), pages 283-322, March.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1978. "Asset Prices in an Exchange Economy," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(6), pages 1429-45, November.
- Xu, Weidong & Wu, Chongfeng & Li, Hongyi, 2010. "Robust general equilibrium under stochastic volatility model," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 224-231, December.
- Hening Liu, 2010. "Robust consumption and portfolio choice for time varying investment opportunities," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 435-454, October.
- Jianjun Miao, 2004. "A Note on Consumption and Savings under Knightian Uncertainty," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 5(2), pages 299-311, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cuf:journl:y:2011:v:12:i:2:p:217-231. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Qiang Gao)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.