Impact of Credit Accessibility on the Earnings of Self-employed Businesses in India
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ghulam Hussain, A.K.M. & Nargis, Nigar & Ashiquzzaman, S.M. & Khalil, Fahad, 2019.
"The employment impact of microcredit program participation in Bangladesh: Evidence from a longitudinal household survey,"
World Development Perspectives, Elsevier, vol. 13(C), pages 34-49.
- Hussain, A.K.M. Ghulam & Nargis, Nigar & Ashiquzzaman, S.M. & Khalil, Fahad, 2017. "The employment impact of microcredit program participation in Bangladesh: Evidence from a longitudinal household survey," GLO Discussion Paper Series 59, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Azhar Khan & Twyeafur Rahman & Robert E Wright, 2016.
"The impact of micro-credit on employment: evidence from Bangladesh and Pakistan,"
1610, University of Strathclyde Business School, Department of Economics.
- Kahn, Azhar & Rahman, Twyeafur & Wright, Robert E., 2016. "The Impact of Micro-Credit on Employment: Evidence from Bangladesh and Pakistan," IZA Discussion Papers 10046, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Indrajit Bairagya, 2020. "Returns to education in self-employment in India: A comparison across different selection models," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2020-5, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Iversen Jens & Malchow-Møller Nikolaj & Sørensen Anders, 2011. "The Returns to Education in Entrepreneurship: Heterogeneity and Non-Linearities," Entrepreneurship Research Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 1(3), pages 1-38, July.
- Blanchflower, David G & Oswald, Andrew J, 1998. "What Makes an Entrepreneur?," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 26-60, January.
- Hoff, Karla & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1990. "Imperfect Information and Rural Credit Markets--Puzzles and Policy Perspectives," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 4(3), pages 235-250, September.
- Maria Sagrario Floro & Debraj Ray, 1997. "Vertical Links Between Formal and Informal Financial Institutions," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(1), pages 34-56, February.
- Joshua D. Angrist & Jörn-Steffen Pischke, 2009. "Mostly Harmless Econometrics: An Empiricist's Companion," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8769.
- Kaushik Basu, 2003. "Analytical Development Economics: The Less Developed Economy Revisited," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262523442.
- Saad Alam, 2013. "The impact of credit and non-credit aspects on self-employment profit: a comparison of microcredit programs and commercial lenders in rural Bangladesh," Journal of Developing Areas, Tennessee State University, College of Business, vol. 47(1), pages 23-45, January-J.
- Signe-Mary McKernan, 2002. "The Impact Of Microcredit Programs On Self-Employment Profits: Do Noncredit Program Aspects Matter?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(1), pages 93-115, February.
- Windmeijer, F A G & Silva, J M C Santos, 1997.
"Endogeneity in Count Data Models: An Application to Demand for Health Care,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(3), pages 281-294, May-June.
- Frank Windmeijer & Joao Santos Silva Santos Silva, 1996. "Endogeneity in count data models; an application to demand for health care," IFS Working Papers W96/15, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Mika Haapanen & Hannu Tervo, 2009.
"Self-employment duration in urban and rural locations,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(19), pages 2449-2461.
- Hannu Tervo & Mika Haapanen, 2005. "Self-employment duration in urban and rural locations," ERSA conference papers ersa05p315, European Regional Science Association.
- Han, Linghui & Hare, Denise, 2013. "The link between credit markets and self-employment choice among households in rural China," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 52-64.
- Cuong Viet Nguyen & Marrit Berg, 2014. "Informal Credit, Usury, or Support? A Case Study for Vietnam," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 52(2), pages 154-178, June.
- Jia, Xiangping & Xiang, Cheng & Huang, Jikun, 2013. "Microfinance, self-employment, and entrepreneurs in less developed areas of rural China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 94-103.
- Barton H. Hamilton, 2000. "Does Entrepreneurship Pay? An Empirical Analysis of the Returns to Self-Employment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(3), pages 604-631, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anviksha Drall & Sabuj Kumar Mandal, 2020. "Determinants of various modes of rural non-farm sector (RNFS) employment in SAT (semi-arid tropics) and Eastern regions of India: an empirical analysis," Indian Economic Review, Springer, vol. 55(2), pages 253-282, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Nadia Simoes & Nuno Crespo & Sandrina B. Moreira, 2016.
"Individual Determinants Of Self-Employment Entry: What Do We Really Know?,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(4), pages 783-806, September.
- Simoes, Nadia & Moreira, Sandrina B. & Crespo, Nuno, 2013. "Individual Determinants of Self-Employment Entry – What Do We Really Know?," MPRA Paper 48403, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ahn, Kunwon & Winters, John V., 2021. "Does Education Enhance Entrepreneurship?," IZA Discussion Papers 14655, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Anindo Sarker & Bulent Unel, 2017. "The Impact of Bank Expansion on Self-Employed Business Owners: Evidence from US States," Departmental Working Papers 2017-06, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Mikko Leppämäki & Vesa Kanniainen, 2000.
"Entrepreneurship in a Unionised Economy,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
- Vesa Kanniainen & Mikko Leppamaki, 2000. "Entrepreneurship in a Unionised Economy," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1473, Econometric Society.
- Kanniainen, V. & Leppamaki, M., 2000. "Entrepreneurship in a Unionised Economy," University of Helsinki, Department of Economics 484, Department of Economics.
- Milo Bianchi, 2012.
"Financial Development, Entrepreneurship, and Job Satisfaction,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 94(1), pages 273-286, February.
- Milo Bianchi, 2008. "Financial development, entrepreneurship and job satisfaction," Working Papers halshs-00586059, HAL.
- Milo Bianchi, 2012. "Financial Development, Entrepreneurship, and Job Satisfaction," Post-Print hal-01629748, HAL.
- Milo Bianchi, 2012. "Financial Development, Entrepreneurship, and Job Satisfaction," Post-Print halshs-00670031, HAL.
- Milo Bianchi, 2008. "Financial development, entrepreneurship and job satisfaction," PSE Working Papers halshs-00586059, HAL.
- Abu S. Shonchoy, 2015. "Seasonal Migration and Microcredit During Agricultural Lean Seasons: Evidence from Northwest Bangladesh," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 53(1), pages 1-26, March.
- Thais Laerkholm Jensen & Søren Leth-Petersen & Ramana Nanda, 2014.
"Financing Constraints, Home Equity and Selection into Entrepreneurship,"
Harvard Business School Working Papers
15-020, Harvard Business School, revised May 2021.
- Thais Lærkholm Jensen & Søren Leth-Petersen & Ramana Nanda, 2014. "Financing Constraints, Home Equity and Selection into Entrepreneurship," NBER Working Papers 20583, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thais Laerkholm Jensen & Søren Leth-Petersen & Ramana Nanda, 2021. "Financing Constraints, Home Equity and Selection into Entrepreneurship," CEBI working paper series 21-10, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. The Center for Economic Behavior and Inequality (CEBI).
- Jolanda Hessels & José María Millán & Concepción Román, 2015. "The Importance of Being in Control of Business: Work Satisfaction of Employers, Own-account Workers and Employees," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 15-047/VII, Tinbergen Institute.
- Fernanda Llussa, 2011. "Determinants of entrepreneurship: are women different?," Nova SBE Working Paper Series wp555, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Nova School of Business and Economics.
- Peter van der Zwan & Jolanda Hessels & Cornelius A. Rietveld, 2015. "The Pleasures and Pains of Self-Employment: A Panel Data Analysis of Satisfaction with Life, Work, and Leisure," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 15-099/VII, Tinbergen Institute.
- Fossen, Frank M. & König, Johannes & Schröder, Carsten, 2020.
"Risk Preference and Entrepreneurial Investment at the Top of the Wealth Distribution,"
IZA Discussion Papers
13951, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Frank M. Fossen & Johannes König & Carsten Schröder, 2021. "Risk Preference and Entrepreneurial Investment at the Top of the Wealth Distribution," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 1117, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Cueto, Begona & Pruneda, Gabriel, 2015. "Job Satisfaction of Wage and Self-Employed workers. Do preferences make a difference?," MPRA Paper 65432, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jagannadha Tamvada, 2010. "Entrepreneurship and welfare," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 65-79, January.
- Ross Levine & Yona Rubinstein, 2017.
"Smart and Illicit: Who Becomes an Entrepreneur and Do They Earn More?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 132(2), pages 963-1018.
- Ross Levine & Yona Rubinstein, 2013. "Smart and Illicit: Who Becomes an Entrepreneur and Do They Earn More?," NBER Working Papers 19276, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Levine, Ross & Rubinstein, Yona, 2017. "Smart and illicit: who becomes an entrepreneur and do they earn more?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 85971, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Yannis Georgellis & Howard Wall, 2005. "Gender differences in self-employment," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(3), pages 321-342.
- David de Meza, 2002. "Overlending?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(477), pages 17-31, February.
- Paul A. Coomes & Jose Fernandez & Stephan F. Gohmann, 2013. "The Rate of Proprietorship Among Metropolitan Areas: The Impact of the Local Economic Environment and Capital Resources," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 37(4), pages 745-770, July.
- Philippe Bracke & Christian Hilber & Olmo Silva, 2014. "Homeownership and Entrepreneurship: The Role of Mortgage Debt and Commitment," CESifo Working Paper Series 5048, CESifo.
- Martin Binder & Alex Coad, 2016. "How Satisfied are the Self-Employed? A Life Domain View," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 17(4), pages 1409-1433, August.
- Bárbara Flores & Óscar Landerretche & Gabriela Sánchez, 2011. "Propensión al emprendimiento: ¿Los emprendedores nacen, se educan o se hacen?," Working Papers wp330, University of Chile, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsAccess to finance; Self-employment; Earnings;
All these keywords.
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:asieco:v:69:y:2020:i:c:s1049007820300828. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/asieco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/asieco .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.