How does the US credit crisis affect the Asia-Pacific economies?--Analysis based on a general equilibrium model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ben S. Bernanke, 2007. "Global imbalances: recent developments and prospects," Speech 317, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Bernanke, Ben & Gertler, Mark & Gilchrist, Simon, 1996.
"The Financial Accelerator and the Flight to Quality,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 78(1), pages 1-15, February.
- Simon Gilchrist & Ben S. Bernanke & Mark Gertler, 1994. "The financial accelerator and the flight to quality," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 94-18, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Bernanke, Ben & Gertler, Mark & Gilchrist, Simon, 1994. "The Financial Accelerator and the Flight to Quality," Working Papers 94-24, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Ben Bernanke & Mark Gertler & Simon Gilchrist, 1994. "The Financial Accelerator and the Flight to Quality," NBER Working Papers 4789, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dong He & Lillian Cheung & Jian Chang, 2007. "Sense and Nonsense on Asia's Export Dependency and The Decoupling Thesis," Working Papers 0703, Hong Kong Monetary Authority.
- Maurice Obstfeld & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2005.
"Global Current Account Imbalances and Exchange Rate Adjustments,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 36(1), pages 67-146.
- Kenneth Rogoff & William Brainard & George Perry, "undated". "Global Current Account Imbalances and Exchange Rate Adjustments," Working Paper 33687, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- AkIn, Cigdem & Kose, M. Ayhan, 2008.
"Changing nature of North-South linkages: Stylized facts and explanations,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 1-28, February.
- Cigdem Akin & Ayhan Kose, 2007. "Changing Nature of North-South Linkages; Stylized Facts and Explanations," IMF Working Papers 07/280, International Monetary Fund.
- Hong, Kiseok & Lee, Jong-Wha & Tang, Hsiao Chink, 2010.
"Crises in Asia: Historical perspectives and implications,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 265-279, June.
- Hong, Kiseok & Lee, Jong-Wha & Tang, Hsiao Chink, 2009. "Crises in Asia: Historical Perspectives and Implications," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 152, Asian Development Bank.
- Devereux, Michael B. & Genberg, Hans, 2007.
"Currency appreciation and current account adjustment,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 570-586, June.
- Michael B. Devereux & Hans Genberg, 2006. "Currency Appreciation and Current Account Adjustment," Working Papers 172006, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- N'Diaye, Papa & Zhang, Ping & Zhang, Wenlang, 2010. "Structural reform, intra-regional trade, and medium-term growth prospects of East Asia and the Pacific--Perspectives from a new multi-region model," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 20-36, February.
- Zhiwei Zhang, 2008. "Can Demand from China Shield East Asian Economies from Global Slowdown?," Working Papers 0819, Hong Kong Monetary Authority.
- Lillian Cheung & Chi-Sang Tam & Jessica Szeto, 2009. "Deteriorating Public Finances and Rising Government Debt: Implications for Monetary Policy," Working Papers 0915, Hong Kong Monetary Authority.
- Laurence Fung & Ip-wing Yu, 2009. "A Study on the Transmission of Money Market Tensions in EMEAP Economies During the Credit Crisis of 2007 - 2008," Working Papers 0909, Hong Kong Monetary Authority.
- Guonan Ma & RobertN McCauley, 2008. "Efficacy Of China'S Capital Controls: Evidence From Price And Flow Data," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(1), pages 104-123, February.
- Dong He & Zhiwei Zhang & Wenlang Zhang, 2009.
"How Large Will Be The Effect Of China'S Fiscal Stimulus Package On Output And Employment?,"
Pacific Economic Review,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(5), pages 730-744, December.
- Dong He & Zhiwei Zhang & Wenlang, 2009. "How Large Will Be the Effect of China's Fiscal-Stimulus Package on Output and Employment?," Working Papers 0905, Hong Kong Monetary Authority.
- Bracke, Thierry & Bussière, Matthieu & Fidora, Michael & Straub, Roland, 2008. "A framework for assessing global imbalances," Occasional Paper Series 78, European Central Bank.
- repec:fip:fedgsq:y:2007:i:sep11 is not listed on IDEAS
- Thierry Bracke & Matthieu Bussière & Michael Fidora & Roland Straub, 2008. "A framework for assessing global imbalances," Occasional Paper Series 78, European Central Bank.
- C. Alan Garner, 2006. "Should the decline in the personal saving rate be a cause for concern?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q II, pages 5-28.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dewandaru, Ginanjar & Masih, Rumi & Masih, A. Mansur M., 2015. "Why is no financial crisis a dress rehearsal for the next? Exploring contagious heterogeneities across major Asian stock markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 419(C), pages 241-259.
- Rizvi, Syed Aun R. & Arshad, Shaista & Alam, Nafis, 2015. "Crises and contagion in Asia Pacific — Islamic v/s conventional markets," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 315-326.
- Naifar, Nader, 2012. "Modeling the dependence structure between default risk premium, equity return volatility and the jump risk: Evidence from a financial crisis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 119-131.
- Riccardo Cristadoro & Daniela Marconi, 2012. "Household savings in China," Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 275-299, November.
- Dewandaru, Ginanjar & Masih, Rumi & Masih, A. Mansur M., 2016. "Contagion and interdependence across Asia-Pacific equity markets: An analysis based on multi-horizon discrete and continuous wavelet transformations," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 363-377.
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:65:y:2017:i:c:p:30-40 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zhang, Zhiwei & Zhang, Wenlang, 2011. "The road to recovery: Fiscal stimulus, financial sector rehabilitation, and potential risks ahead," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 311-321, August.
- Masahiro Kawai & Fan Zhai, 2012.
"Asia’s Post-global Financial Crisis Adjustment: A Model-based Dynamic Analysis,"
Chapters,in: Monetary and Currency Policy Management in Asia, chapter 8
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Ila Patnaik & Ajay Shah, 2010. "Asia confronts the impossible trinity," Macroeconomics Working Papers 22973, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Ajay Shah & Ila Patnaik, 2010. "Asia Confronts the Impossible Trinity," Working Papers id:2402, eSocialSciences.
- Patnaik, Ila & Shah, Ajay, 2010. "Asia confronts the impossible trinity," Working Papers 10/64, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
- Patnaik, Ila & Shah, Ajay, 2010. "Asia Confronts the Impossible Trinity," ADBI Working Papers 204, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Ila Patnaik & Ajay Shah, 2010. "Asia Confronts the Impossible Trinity," Macroeconomics Working Papers 22814, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Naifar, Nader, 2011. "What explains default risk premium during the financial crisis? Evidence from Japan," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 63(5), pages 412-430, September.
- Mayer, Jörg, 2012. "Global rebalancing: Effects on trade and employment," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 627-642.
More about this item
KeywordsGlobal financial crisis Financial contagion Global imbalances;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:asieco:v:21:y:2010:i:3:p:280-292. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/asieco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.