Efficiency, Environmental Contaminants and Farm Size: Testing for Links Using Stochastic Production Frontiers
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Hadri, K. & Whittaker, J., 1995. "Efficiency, environmental Contaminants and Farm Size: Testing for Links Using Stochastic Production Frontiers," Discussion Papers 9505, Exeter University, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Guermat, C. & Hadri, K., 1999. "Heteroscedasticity in Stochastic Frontier Models: a Monte Carlo Analysis," Discussion Papers 9914, Exeter University, Department of Economics.
- Battese, George E. & Coelli, Tim J., 1988. "Prediction of firm-level technical efficiencies with a generalized frontier production function and panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 387-399, July.
- B. E. Bravo-Ureta & L. Rieger, 1990. "Alternative Production Frontier Methodologies And Dairy Farm Efficiency," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(2), pages 215-226.
- Kaddour Hadri, 1997. "A frontier approach to disequilibrium models," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(11), pages 699-701.
- Trosper, Ronald L, 1978. "American Indian Relative Ranching Efficiency," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(4), pages 503-516, September.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C, 1993. "Short-Run Returns to Scale, Farm-Size, and Economic Efficiency," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(2), pages 336-341, May.
- repec:exe:wpaper:99/14 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dawson, P J, 1987. "Farm-Specific Technical Efficiency in the England and Wales Dairy Sector," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 14(4), pages 383-394.
- Battese, George E. & Corra, Greg S., 1977. "Estimation Of A Production Frontier Model: With Application To The Pastoral Zone Of Eastern Australia," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 21(03), December.
- Faqir Singh Bagi & Cliff J. Huang, 1983. "Estimating Production Technical Efficiency for Individual Farms in Tennessee," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 31(2), pages 249-256, July.
- Schmidt, Peter & Knox Lovell, C. A., 1979. "Estimating technical and allocative inefficiency relative to stochastic production and cost frontiers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 343-366, February.
- Hadri, K. & Guermat, C. & Whittaker, J., 1998. "Doubly Heteroscedastic Stochastic Production Frontiers with an English Cere al Farms," Discussion Papers 9908, Exeter University, Department of Economics.
- Byrnes, Patricia, et al, 1987. "Technical Efficiency and Size: The Case of Illinois Grain Farms," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 14(4), pages 367-381.
- Bagi, Faqir Singh, 1982. "Relationship Between Farm Size And Technical Efficiency In West Tennessee Agriculture," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 14(02), December.
- Guermat, C. & Hadri, K., 1999. "Backpropagation Neural Network versus Translog Model in Stochastic Frontiers: a Note Carlo Compatrison," Discussion Papers 9916, Exeter University, Department of Economics.
- Bagi, Faqir Singh, 1982. "Relationship Between Farm Size and Technical Efficiency in West Tennessee Agriculture," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(02), pages 139-144, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:foreco:v:29:y:2017:i:pa:p:38-46 is not listed on IDEAS
- U Pascual, 2001. "Soil Degradation and Technical Efficiency in Shifting Cultivation: The Case of Yucatán (Mexico)," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0116, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Kaddour Hadri & Cherif Guermat & Julie Whittaker, 2003. "Estimating Farm Efficiency in the Presence of Double Heteroscedasticity Using Panel Data," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 6, pages 255-268, November.
- Markus Lampe & Paul Sharp, 2015.
"Just add milk: a productivity analysis of the revolutionary changes in nineteenth-century Danish dairying,"
Economic History Review,
Economic History Society, vol. 68(4), pages 1132-1153, November.
- Markus Lampe & Paul Sharp, 2014. "Just Add Milk: A Productivity Analysis of the Revolutionary Changes in Nineteenth Century Danish Dairying," Working Papers 0055, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Lampe, Markus & Sharp, Paul, 2014. "Just add milk: a productivity analysis of the revolutionary changes in nineteenth century Danish dairying," IFCS - Working Papers in Economic History.WH wp14-03, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Instituto Figuerola.
- Nan Jiang & Basil Sharp, 2015. "Technical efficiency and technological gap of New Zealand dairy farms: a stochastic meta-frontier model," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 44(1), pages 39-49, August.
- Munksgaard, Jesper & Christoffersen, Line Block & Keiding, Hans & Pedersen, Ole Gravgard & Jensen, Trine S., 2007. "An environmental performance index for products reflecting damage costs," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 119-130, October.
- Jiang, Nan & Sharp, Basil, 2013. "Cost Efficiency of Dairy Farming in New Zealand: a stochastic frontier analysis," 2013 Conference, August 28-30, 2013, Christchurch, New Zealand 160266, New Zealand Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
More about this item
KeywordsFrontier production; technical efficiency; panel data; environment; farm size;
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- C24 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Truncated and Censored Models; Switching Regression Models; Threshold Regression Models
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cem:jaecon:v:2:y:1999:n:2:p:337-356. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valeria Dowding). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cemaaar.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.