Feed use intensification and technical efficiency of dairy farms in New Zealand
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ma, Wanglin & Renwick, Alan & Bicknell, Kathryn, 2018. "Feed Use Intensification and Technical Efficiency of Dairy Farms in New Zealand," 2018 Annual Meeting, August 5-7, Washington, D.C. 274394, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kompas, Tom & Che, Tuong Nhu, 2006.
"Technology choice and efficiency on Australian dairy farms,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 50(1), pages 1-19, March.
- Tom Kompas & Tuong Nhu Che, 2006. "Technology choice and efficiency on Australian dairy farms ," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 50(1), pages 65-83, March.
- Jaforullah, Mohammad & Whiteman, John, 1999. "Scale efficiency in the New Zealand dairy industry: a non-parametric approach," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 43(4), pages 1-19, December.
- Boris Bravo-Ureta & Daniel Solís & Víctor Moreira López & José Maripani & Abdourahmane Thiam & Teodoro Rivas, 2007.
"Technical efficiency in farming: a meta-regression analysis,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 57-72, February.
- Bravo-Ureta, Boris & Solís, Daniel & Moreira, Victor & Maripani, José & Thiam, Abdourahmane & Rivas, Teodoro, 2005. "Technical Efficiency in Farming: A Meta-regression analysis," Efficiency Series Papers 2005/01, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- repec:eme:ijppmp:ijppm-09-2015-0131 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:oup:ajagec:v:99:y:2017:i:3:p:783-799. is not listed on IDEAS
- Fraser, I. & Cordina, D., 1999. "An application of data envelopment analysis to irrigated dairy farms in Northern Victoria, Australia," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 267-282, March.
- Kaddour Hadri & Julie Whittaker, 1999.
"Efficiency, Environmental Contaminants and Farm Size: Testing for Links Using Stochastic Production Frontiers,"
Journal of Applied Economics,
Universidad del CEMA, vol. 2, pages 337-356, November.
- Hadri, K. & Whittaker, J., 1995. "Efficiency, environmental Contaminants and Farm Size: Testing for Links Using Stochastic Production Frontiers," Discussion Papers 9505, University of Exeter, Department of Economics.
- Battese, George E. & Coelli, Tim J., 1988. "Prediction of firm-level technical efficiencies with a generalized frontier production function and panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 387-399, July.
- L. Martin Cloutier & Robin Rowley, 1993. "Relative Technical Efficiency: Data Envelopment Analysis and Quebec's Dairy Farms," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 41(2), pages 169-176, July.
- Víctor Moreira & Boris Bravo-Ureta, 2010. "Technical efficiency and metatechnology ratios for dairy farms in three southern cone countries: a stochastic meta-frontier model," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 33-45, February.
- repec:bla:jageco:v:69:y:2018:i:3:p:739-755 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wang, Hung-Jen & Ho, Chia-Wen, 2010.
"Estimating fixed-effect panel stochastic frontier models by model transformation,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 157(2), pages 286-296, August.
- Wang, Hung-Jen & Ho, Chia-Wen, 2009. "Estimating fixed-effect panel stochastic frontier models by model transformation," MPRA Paper 31081, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kumbhakar,Subal C. & Wang,Hung-Jen & Horncastle,Alan P., 2015.
"A Practitioner's Guide to Stochastic Frontier Analysis Using Stata,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9781107609464, December.
- Kumbhakar,Subal C. & Wang,Hung-Jen & Horncastle,Alan P., 2015. "A Practitioner's Guide to Stochastic Frontier Analysis Using Stata," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781107029514, December.
- González-Flores, Mario & Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Solís, Daniel & Winters, Paul, 2014. "The impact of high value markets on smallholder productivity in the Ecuadorean Sierra: A Stochastic Production Frontier approach correcting for selectivity bias," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 237-247.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2015. "Control Function Methods in Applied Econometrics," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 50(2), pages 420-445.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C & Biswas, Basudeb & Bailey, DeeVon, 1989. "A Study of Economic Efficiency of Utah Dairy Farmers: A System Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(4), pages 595-604, November.
- Fengxia Dong & David A. Hennessy & Helen H. Jensen & Richard J. Volpe, 2016. "Technical efficiency, herd size, and exit intentions in U.S. dairy farms," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 47(5), pages 533-545, September.
- G. Karagiannis & P. Midmore & V. Tzouvelekas, 2002. "Separating Technical Change from Time-Varying Technical Inefficiency in the Absence of Distributional Assumptions," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 23-38, July.
- Fraser, Iain & Graham, Mary, 2005. "Efficiency Measurement of Australian Dairy Farms: National and Regional Performance," Australasian Agribusiness Review, University of Melbourne, Department of Agriculture and Food Systems, vol. 13.
- Tran, Kien C. & Tsionas, Efthymios G., 2015. "Endogeneity in stochastic frontier models: Copula approach without external instruments," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 133(C), pages 85-88.
- Nan Jiang & Basil Sharp, 2015. "Technical efficiency and technological gap of New Zealand dairy farms: a stochastic meta-frontier model," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 44(1), pages 39-49, August.
- Cheng Hsiao, 2007. "Rejoinder on: Panel data analysis—advantages and challenges," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 16(1), pages 56-57, May.
- Cheng Hsiao, 2007.
"Panel data analysis—advantages and challenges,"
TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research,
Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 16(1), pages 1-22, May.
- Cheng Hsiao, 2006. "Panel Data Analysis - Advantages and Challenges," IEPR Working Papers 06.49, Institute of Economic Policy Research (IEPR).
- Cheng Hsiao, 2013. "Panel Data Analysis - Advantages and Challenges," Working Papers 2013-10-14, Wang Yanan Institute for Studies in Economics (WISE), Xiamen University.
- David Hadley, 2006. "Patterns in Technical Efficiency and Technical Change at the Farm‐level in England and Wales, 1982–2002," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(1), pages 81-100, March.
- repec:eee:ecolet:v:155:y:2017:i:c:p:5-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Awudu Abdulai & Hendrik Tietje, 2007. "Estimating technical efficiency under unobserved heterogeneity with stochastic frontier models: application to northern German dairy farms," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 34(3), pages 393-416, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:ajarec:v:63:y:2019:i:1:p:20-38. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaresea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.