Tax Uniformity: A Commitment Device for Restraining Opportunistic Behavior
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Gerda Dewit & Dermot Leahy, 2008. "Tax uniformity: A commitment device for restraining opportunistic behaviour," Economics, Finance and Accounting Department Working Paper Series n1971108.pdf, Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, May.
- Neary, J Peter & Leahy, Dermot, 2000.
"Strategic Trade and Industrial Policy towards Dynamic Oligopolies,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(463), pages 484-508, April.
- J. Peter Neary & Dermot Leahy, 1998. "Strategic trade and industrial policy towards dynamic oligopolies," Working Papers 199814, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Leahy, Dermot & Neary, J Peter, 1998. "Strategic Trade and Industrial Policy Towards Dynamic Oligopolies," CEPR Discussion Papers 1968, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- D Leahy & J.P. Neary, 1998. "Strategic Trade and Industrial PolicyTowards Dynamic Oligopolies," CEP Discussion Papers dp0409, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Neary, J. Peter & Leahy, Dermot, 1998. "Strategic trade and industrial policy towards dynamic oligopolies," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20246, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Neary, J.P. & Leahy, D., 1998. "Strategic Trade and Industrial Policy Towards Dynamic Oligopolies," Papers 98/14, College Dublin, Department of Political Economy-.
- Grossman, Gene M & Helpman, Elhanan, 1994.
"Protection for Sale,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 833-850, September.
- Grossman, G.M. & Helpman, E., 1992. "Protection for Sale," Papers 162, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs.
- Grossman, Gene & Helpman, Elhanan, 1993. "Protection for Sale," CEPR Discussion Papers 827, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Grossman, G.M. & Helpman, E., 1992. "Protection for Sale," Papers 21-92, Tel Aviv.
- Gene M. Grossman & Elhanan Helpman, 1992. "Protection For Sale," NBER Working Papers 4149, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Farzin, Y H & Kort, P M, 2000.
" Pollution Abatement Investment When Environmental Regulation Is Uncertain,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 2(2), pages 183-212.
- Kort, P.M. & Farzin, Y.H., 2000. "Pollution abatement investment when environmental regulation is uncertain," Other publications TiSEM 90e78d8b-95d9-4d17-9d0f-4, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Satoshi Honma, 2005. "Pollution Tax and Social Welfare in Oligopoly: Asymmetric Taxation on Identical Polluters," Discussion Papers 23, Kyushu Sangyo University, Faculty of Economics.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Jean Tirole, 1993. "A Theory of Incentives in Procurement and Regulation," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262121743, May.
- Conrad, Klaus & Wang, Jianmin, 1993. "The effect of emission taxes and abatement subsidies on market structure," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 499-518.
- Maia David & Bernard Sinclair-Desgagné, 2005.
"Environmental Regulation and the Eco-Industry,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 141-155, September.
- Maia David & Bernard Sinclair-Desgagné, 2004. "Environmental Regulation and the Eco-industry," CIRANO Working Papers 2004s-42, CIRANO.
- Bernard Sinclair-Desgagné & Maia David, 2005. "Environmental Regulationand the Eco-Industry," Working Papers 2005.56, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Maia David & Bernard Sinclair-Desgagné, 2005. "Environmental regulation and the eco-industry," Working Papers hal-00243019, HAL.
- Maia David & Bernard Sinclair-Desgagné, 2004. "Environmental Regulation and the Eco-Industry," Working Papers 2004/06, INRA, Economie Publique.
- Bhagwati, Jagdish N, 1982. "Directly Unproductive, Profit-seeking (DUP) Activities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(5), pages 988-1002, October.
- Rabah Amir & Niels Nannerup, 2005.
"Asymmetric Regulation of Identical Polluters in Oligopoly Models,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 30(1), pages 35-48, January.
- AMIR, Rabah & NANNERUP, Niels, 2004. "Asymmetric regulation of identical polluters in oligopoly models," CORE Discussion Papers 2004046, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Barnett, A H, 1980. "The Pigouvian Tax Rule under Monopoly," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(5), pages 1037-1041, December.
- Emmanuel Petrakis & Eftichios S. Sartzetakis & Anastasios Xepapadeas (ed.), 1999. "Environmental Regulation and Market Power," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 1553.
- Dani Rodrik, 1987. "Policy Targeting with Endogenous Distortions: Theory of Optimum Subsidy Revisited," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 102(4), pages 903-911.
- Ngo Van Long & Antoine Soubeyran, 2001. "Emission Taxes and Standards for an Asymmetric Oligopoly," CIRANO Working Papers 2001s-07, CIRANO.
- Lee, Dwight R., 1975. "Efficiency of pollution taxation and market structure," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 69-72, September.
- Y. Hossein Farzin & Jinhua Zhao, 2003. "Pollution Abatement Investment When Firms Lobby Against Environmental Regulation," Working Papers 2003.82, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Gerda Dewit & Dermot Leahy, 2011.
"Short‐Run Policy Commitment When Investment Timing Is Endogenous: ‘More Harm Than Good?’,"
Bulletin of Economic Research,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(1), pages 82-107, January.
- Gerda Dewit & Dermot Leahy, 2004. "Short-run policy commitment when investment timing is endogenous: "More harm than good?"," Economics, Finance and Accounting Department Working Paper Series n1400904, Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
- Fudenberg, Drew & Tirole, Jean, 1984. "The Fat-Cat Effect, the Puppy-Dog Ploy, and the Lean and Hungry Look," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(2), pages 361-366, May.
- Randall G. Holcombe, 2002. "The Ramsey Rule Reconsidered," Public Finance Review, , vol. 30(6), pages 562-578, November.
- Diamond, P. A., 1975. "A many-person Ramsey tax rule," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 335-342, November.
- George B. Frisvold, 2000. "Data, Information, and Rural Environmental Policy: What Will the Next Ten Years Bring?," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 22(1), pages 237-244.
- Rodrik, Dani, 1995. "Political economy of trade policy," Handbook of International Economics,in: G. M. Grossman & K. Rogoff (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 28, pages 1457-1494 Elsevier.
- Bruneau, Joel F., 2005. "Inefficient environmental instruments and the gains from trade," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 536-546, May.
- Katsoulacos, Yannis & Xepapadeas, Anastasios, 1995.
" Environmental Policy under Oligopoly with Endogenous Market Structure,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 97(3), pages 411-420, September.
- Katsoulacos, Yannis & Xepapadeas, Anastasios, 1994. "Environmental Policy Under Oligopoly with Endogenous Market Structure," CEPR Discussion Papers 955, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kohn, Robert E., 1997. "The effect of emission taxes and abatement subsidies on market structure: Comment," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 617-628, August.
- Sajal Lahiri & Yoshiyasu Ono, 2007. "Relative Emission Standard versus Tax under Oligopoly: The Role of Free Entry," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 91(2), pages 107-128, June.
- David M. Kreps & Jose A. Scheinkman, 1983. "Quantity Precommitment and Bertrand Competition Yield Cournot Outcomes," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 14(2), pages 326-337, Autumn.
More about this item
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
- Q58 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environmental Economics: Government Policy
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jpbect:v:17:y:2015:i:5:p:641-672. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/apettea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.