Stadium Architecture and Urban Development from the Perspective of Urban Economics
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Carolyn A. Dehring & Craig A. Depken & Michael R. Ward, 2007.
"The Impact Of Stadium Announcements On Residential Property Values: Evidence From A Natural Experiment In Dallas-Fort Worth,"
Contemporary Economic Policy,
Western Economic Association International, vol. 25(4), pages 627-638, October.
- Craig A. Depken & Michael R. Ward & Carolyn A. Dehring, 2006. "The Impact of Stadium Announcements on Residential Property Values: Evidence from a Natural Experiment in Dallas-Fort Worth," Working Papers 0602, University of Texas at Arlington, Department of Economics.
- Carolyn A. Dehring & Craig A. Depken, II & Michael R. Ward, 2006. "The Impact of Stadium Announcements on Residential Property Values: Evidence from a Natural Experiment in Dallas-Fort Worth," Working Papers 0616, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Charles C. Tu, 2005. "How Does a New Sports Stadium Affect Housing Values? The Case of FedEx Field," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 81(3).
- Romer, Thomas & Rosenthal, Howard, 1982. "Median Voters or Budget Maximizers: Evidence from School Expenditure Referenda," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 20(4), pages 556-578, October.
- N. Edward Coulson & Robin M. Leichenko, 2004. "Historic Preservation and Neighbourhood Change," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 41(8), pages 1587-1600, July.
- Carlino, Gerald & Coulson, N. Edward, 2004.
"Compensating differentials and the social benefits of the NFL,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 25-50, July.
- Gerald A. Carlino & N. Edward Coulson, 2002. "Compensating differentials and the social benefits of the NFL," Working Papers 02-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, revised 01 Sep 2003.
- George Galster & Peter Tatian & Kathryn Pettit, 2004. "Supportive Housing and Neighborhood Property Value Externalities," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 80(1), pages 33-54.
- Dennis Coates & Brad R. Humphreys, 1999. "The growth effects of sport franchises, stadia, and arenas," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(4), pages 601-624.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Stephanie Jasmand & Wolfgang Maennig, 2008. "Regional Income and Employment Effects of the 1972 Munich Summer Olympic Games," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(7), pages 991-1002.
- Asabere, Paul K & Huffman, Forrest E & Mehdian, Seyed, 1994. "The Adverse Impacts of Local Historic Designation: The Case of Small Apartment Buildings in Philadelphia," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 225-234, May.
- Douglas S. Noonan, 2007. "Finding an Impact of Preservation Policies: Price Effects of Historic Landmarks on Attached Homes in Chicago, 1990-1999," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 21(1), pages 17-33, February.
- Romer, Thomas & Rosenthal, Howard, 1979. "The elusive median voter," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 143-170, October.
- Coates, Dennis & Humphreys, Brad R., 2003. "The effect of professional sports on earnings and employment in the services and retail sectors in US cities," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 175-198, March.
- Leslie Sklair, 2005. "The Transnational Capitalist Class and Contemporary Architecture in Globalizing Cities," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(3), pages 485-500, September.
- Brueckner, Jan K. & Thisse, Jacques-Francois & Zenou, Yves, 1999.
"Why is central Paris rich and downtown Detroit poor?: An amenity-based theory,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 91-107, January.
- Brueckner, J.K. & Thisse, J.-F. & Zenou, Y., 1996. "Why is central Paris rich and downtown Detroit poor ? An amenity-based theory," CORE Discussion Papers 1996065, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- BRUECKNER, Jan K. & THISSE, Jacques-François & ZENOU, Yves, 1999. "Why is central Paris rich and downtown Detroit poor? An amenity-based theory," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1370, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Baade, Robert A & Dye, Richard F, 1988. "An Analysis of the Economic Rationale for Public Subsidization of Sports Stadiums," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 22(2), pages 37-47, July.
- Coates, Dennis & Humphreys, Brad R., 2006. "Proximity benefits and voting on stadium and arena subsidies," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 285-299, March.
- Muellbauer, John, 1974. "Household Production Theory, Quality, and the "Hedonic Technique."," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(6), pages 977-994, December.
- Thomas Romer & Howard Rosenthal, 1978. "Political resource allocation, controlled agendas, and the status quo," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 33(4), pages 27-43, December.
- Thomas Romer & Howard Rosenthal, 1979. "Bureaucrats Versus Voters: On the Political Economy of Resource Allocation by Direct Democracy," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 93(4), pages 563-587.
- Gerd Ahlert, 2005. "What does Germany expect to gain from hosting the 2006 Football World Cup – Macroeconomic and Regionaleconomic Effects," GWS Discussion Paper Series 05-4, GWS - Institute of Economic Structures Research.
- Donald McNeill, 2007. "Office buildings and the signature architect: Piano and Foster in Sydney," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 39(2), pages 487-501, February.
- Julie L. Hotchkiss & Robert E. Moore & Stephanie M. Zobay, 2003. "Impact of the 1996 Summer Olympic Games on Employment and Wages in Georgia," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 69(3), pages 691-704, January.
- Halvorsen, Robert & Palmquist, Raymond, 1980. "The Interpretation of Dummy Variables in Semilogarithmic Equations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 474-475, June.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:63:y:1969:i:04:p:1183-1196_26 is not listed on IDEAS
- Adam M. Zaretsky, 2001. "Should cities pay for sports facilities?," The Regional Economist, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Apr, pages 4-9.
- N. Edward Coulson & Michael L. Lahr, 2005. "Gracing the Land of Elvis and Beale Street: Historic Designation and Property Values in Memphis," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 33(3), pages 487-507, September.
- Robin M. Leichenko & N. Edward Coulson & David Listokin, 2001. "Historic Preservation and Residential Property Values: An Analysis of Texas Cities," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 38(11), pages 1973-1987, October.
- Coulson, N Edward & Leichenko, Robin M, 2001. "The Internal and External Impact of Historical Designation on Property Values," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 113-124, July.
- Kerry D. Vandell & Jonathan S. Lane, 1989. "The Economics of Architecture and Urban Design: Some Preliminary Findings," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 17(2), pages 235-260.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brad R. Humphreys & Adam Nowak, 2015. "Professional Sports Facilities, Teams and Property Values: Evidence from Seattle's Key Arena," Working Papers 15-06, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Rasa Apanavičienė & Ala Daugėlienė & Tautvydas Baltramonaitis & Vida Maliene, 2015. "Sustainability Aspects of Real Estate Development: Lithuanian Case Study of Sports and Entertainment Arenas," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(6), pages 1-26, May.
- Ahlfeldt, Gabriel M. & Georgios, Kavetsos, 2010.
"Form or Function? The Impact of New Football Stadia on Property Prices in London,"
25003, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gabriel M. Ahlfeldt & Georgios Kavetsos, 2011. "Form or Function? The Impact of New Football Stadia on Property Prices in London," SERC Discussion Papers 0087, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Gabriel M. Ahlfeldt & Georgios Kavetsos, 2014.
"Form or function?: the effect of new sports stadia on property prices in London,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A,
Royal Statistical Society, vol. 177(1), pages 169-190, January.
- Ahlfeldt, Gabriel M. & Kavetsos, Georgios, 2014. "Form or function?: the effect of new sports stadia on property prices in London," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 47352, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Gabriel Ahlfeldt & Alexandra Mastro, 2012.
"Valuing Iconic Design: Frank Lloyd Wright Architecture in Oak Park, Illinois,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(8), pages 1079-1099, November.
- Ahlfeldt, Gabriel M. & Mastro, Alexandra, 2012. "Valuing iconic design: Frank Lloyd Wright architecture in Oak Park, Illinois," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 43470, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Wolfgang Maennig & Matthias Ottmann, 2011. "Perspektiven des deutschen Immobilienmarktes und wirtschaftspolitische Herausforderungen," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 12(2), pages 192-214, May.
- Gabriel M. Ahlfeldt & Georgios Kavetsos, 2013. "Should I wish on a stadium? Measuring the average effect on the treated," Chapters,in: The Econometrics of Sport, chapter 11, pages 189-201 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Gabriel Ahlfeldt & Wolfgang Maennig & Michaela Ölschläger, 2009. "Lifestyles and Preferences for (Public) Goods: Professional Football in Munich," Working Papers 030, Chair for Economic Policy, University of Hamburg.
- Gabriel M. Ahlfeldt, 2010. "Architektur, Ökonomie - Architekturökonomie," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 11(4), pages 340-355, November.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:ijurrs:v:34:y:2010:i:3:p:629-646. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0309-1317 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.